Save the Citizen(s) -- OOC

Hellbound

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question. Did Bullderdash give us a time frame? This one is Sunday, March 1st, right around sunset.

Added -- whoops, forgot about Darkstar in my "we should wait for Shaen" post. Sorry about that. See? That's the sort of slipshod performance you get when you let amateurs like me run threads :P

So we have :) Of course, Hellbound is still under water at the moment, swimming beneath the burning oil and spouting flames coming off the side of the boat. He's heading for the explosion first, but there will be plenty of panicking people up on deck to get into the lifeboats first.

Which means that he's going to miss out on the dinosaur... :(

Free Actions to drop Concealment, and switch Array to Telekinesis.

Treating the people holding hands as a single "object," The Scarab will use her Telekinesis to lift them up off the deck of the ship and onto the bridge overhead. As a single Full Action, she can move an object weighing up to 3,000 lb. 250 feet, or an object weighing up to 6,000 lb. 100 feet (TK 12 = STR 60). I don't know how far overhead the bridge is, so she either takes 15 or 30 people at once, assuming an average weight of 200 lb. per person. I can make an attack roll if you'd like, since it's not Perception-Range TK.

"Help! The crazy lady is trying to throw us into the water...! Oh, wait, we're on the bridge now and safe? Thank you!!!"

I'm not too worried about it. The people who managed to get above decks will be easy to rescue, but those still trapped below will take a little more effort.

Also, don't forget that there are life boats we can make use of. There are probably a few bottle necks going on, but a little crowd control can help that move along more smoothly.

"This is Chopper 13 for Freedom City Nightly News, reporting live over the Centery Bridge where an unknown and undoubtedly insane assailant is slaughtering innocent passengers on a sinnking cruise ship. We'll have all the details and mug shots later tonight..." :P

Hellbound finally managed to reach the submerged bow of the craft and swam until he located the firey mess left by the explosion. Huge pools of No. 6 fuel oil sat smoking on the water but he was able to pop up in the middle of a burning ring of fire.

Did he go down, down, down, as the flames went higher?

19 is good enough for me. The answer to the question is, no. He did not go Down Down Down as the flames went higher. The Man in Black is busy in another thread :P

Oh, wait, the OTHER question. Gotcha. Explained in thread and Hellbound is speaking the truth. It looks like there's a meta on board responsible for the explosion. From the looks of the blasted walls, it would seem that the blast originated in the engine room and then the barefooted person responsible moved farther into the ship.

SO -- now that we're set up and running, anyone care to take over the rescue details? We need to establish how many groups of survivors are still stranded in the boat and waiting to be rescued. We also need to determine how fast the boat is sinking (giving us the amount of time we have to save everyone), how quickly the fire is spreading (unless it's contained to the engine room), and what kind of hinderance will be presented.

Saku-nee is still interested in playing the villainess in this story and I've sent that player a suggestion as to Miko's motivation. We'll have to see if the refs allow her to be RP'd without full approval (Sand was going to check with the other GMs last night, but I didn't hear back as to the results).

The Scarab will first use Postcognition, trying to see the destruction as it happened (and, if possible, any preparation leading up to it). Then, if her vision is clear enough to provide a suspect, she'll use ESP to search the ship for them, in case they're still aboard. She'll take 10 (25) for any relevant Notice or Search checks regarding the Postcog, and she'll take 20 on the Search check for a suspect (if she has one).

Awright -- looks like I'm still stuck leading this thing for the moment :P I'll probably shift Hellbound into a background role for that, then. I've never liked having NPCs act as major influences on a storyline.

Let's handle the psychic search attempts one step at a time -- the Postcog first and then move on to the locating once that's been described.

In square footage? I couldn't even begin to estimate. I think it's safe to assume that the ship you're dealing with is competative with a typical Carnival cruise ship, the pool deck of which can be seen here:

carnival-cruise-pool_175_1a.jpg

Almost looks big enough for a mini-water park. 'Pretty sure they typically hold around 300 passengers at a time plus crew. So figure about 400 people?

How many people can fit into a 100' diameter circle? Does TK in M&M have any sort of weight limit to worry about, or does it just concern itself with volume?

Ok, cool.

As for weight limit, yes there is. But I'm guessing cramming 100' diameter space with people will not equal the 12.5 tons I can lift.

Was just curious how long it was going to take to get the deck cleared of people. No worries.