Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbound

Save the Citizen(s) -- OOC

Recommended Posts

To survive the cold, cold water -- Hellbound spends a Hero Point to AP an Immunity (Cold) into his Enhanced Con.

Hopefully I got that right, or else he's not making it very far under those conditions :P

Share this post


Link to post

How far from the bridge are you picturing the ship as being? I ask because I don't have such luxuries... I'm going to have to leap in and freeze my ass off. :D

Share this post


Link to post

I'd say that, unless they stopped the boat where it is, it'd probably pass underneath the bridge in a couple of rounds perhaps?

Or, if a friendly flyer shows up soon, Arrowhawk might be able to bum a ride?

Share this post


Link to post

And how far is it down to the ship? I have a even bigger problem. If only I had thought of getting a lasso, I could use it to lower myself down :p

Share this post


Link to post

After Sammy gets on board, we might want to hold up and give both Shaen and Avenger a chance to chime in if they're still in. Not too long, though. That boat's eventually going under water and we got a lot of people to save :P

Share this post


Link to post

Hey Hellhound, quick question/just realized something... is this thread after Bull's? Otherwise I'll need to edit that one to reflect that he knows you in there. Or I'll just recognize you in here...

Share this post


Link to post

Good question. Did Bullderdash give us a time frame? This one is Sunday, March 1st, right around sunset.

Added -- whoops, forgot about Darkstar in my "we should wait for Shaen" post. Sorry about that. See? That's the sort of slipshod performance you get when you let amateurs like me run threads :P

Share this post


Link to post

So we have :) Of course, Hellbound is still under water at the moment, swimming beneath the burning oil and spouting flames coming off the side of the boat. He's heading for the explosion first, but there will be plenty of panicking people up on deck to get into the lifeboats first.

Which means that he's going to miss out on the dinosaur... :(

Share this post


Link to post

Free Actions to drop Concealment, and switch Array to Telekinesis.

Treating the people holding hands as a single "object," The Scarab will use her Telekinesis to lift them up off the deck of the ship and onto the bridge overhead. As a single Full Action, she can move an object weighing up to 3,000 lb. 250 feet, or an object weighing up to 6,000 lb. 100 feet (TK 12 = STR 60). I don't know how far overhead the bridge is, so she either takes 15 or 30 people at once, assuming an average weight of 200 lb. per person. I can make an attack roll if you'd like, since it's not Perception-Range TK.

Share this post


Link to post

Nah, if we're going to get into making attack rolls then someone more comfortable with the M&M ruleset needs to take over. I'm just here to play and periodically narte, not officiate.

Share this post


Link to post

"Help! The crazy lady is trying to throw us into the water...! Oh, wait, we're on the bridge now and safe? Thank you!!!"

I'm not too worried about it. The people who managed to get above decks will be easy to rescue, but those still trapped below will take a little more effort.

Also, don't forget that there are life boats we can make use of. There are probably a few bottle necks going on, but a little crowd control can help that move along more smoothly.

Share this post


Link to post

"This is Chopper 13 for Freedom City Nightly News, reporting live over the Centery Bridge where an unknown and undoubtedly insane assailant is slaughtering innocent passengers on a sinnking cruise ship. We'll have all the details and mug shots later tonight..." :P

Share this post


Link to post

Hellbound finally managed to reach the submerged bow of the craft and swam until he located the firey mess left by the explosion. Huge pools of No. 6 fuel oil sat smoking on the water but he was able to pop up in the middle of a burning ring of fire.

Did he go down, down, down, as the flames went higher?

Share this post


Link to post

Mind Reading check to probe Hellbound for the answer to that question: 19.

(Don't worry, she's not planning on digging any further. She just needs to establish that he's not an immediate threat.)

Share this post


Link to post

19 is good enough for me. The answer to the question is, no. He did not go Down Down Down as the flames went higher. The Man in Black is busy in another thread :P

Oh, wait, the OTHER question. Gotcha. Explained in thread and Hellbound is speaking the truth. It looks like there's a meta on board responsible for the explosion. From the looks of the blasted walls, it would seem that the blast originated in the engine room and then the barefooted person responsible moved farther into the ship.

SO -- now that we're set up and running, anyone care to take over the rescue details? We need to establish how many groups of survivors are still stranded in the boat and waiting to be rescued. We also need to determine how fast the boat is sinking (giving us the amount of time we have to save everyone), how quickly the fire is spreading (unless it's contained to the engine room), and what kind of hinderance will be presented.

Saku-nee is still interested in playing the villainess in this story and I've sent that player a suggestion as to Miko's motivation. We'll have to see if the refs allow her to be RP'd without full approval (Sand was going to check with the other GMs last night, but I didn't hear back as to the results).

Share this post


Link to post

The Scarab will first use Postcognition, trying to see the destruction as it happened (and, if possible, any preparation leading up to it). Then, if her vision is clear enough to provide a suspect, she'll use ESP to search the ship for them, in case they're still aboard. She'll take 10 (25) for any relevant Notice or Search checks regarding the Postcog, and she'll take 20 on the Search check for a suspect (if she has one).

Share this post


Link to post

Awright -- looks like I'm still stuck leading this thing for the moment :P I'll probably shift Hellbound into a background role for that, then. I've never liked having NPCs act as major influences on a storyline.

Let's handle the psychic search attempts one step at a time -- the Postcog first and then move on to the locating once that's been described.

Share this post


Link to post

Question: How big is the deck of this boat anyway? DS can raise a 100' diamter area (50' radius) at one time. Mainly curious as to how many trips it will take.

Share this post


Link to post

In square footage? I couldn't even begin to estimate. I think it's safe to assume that the ship you're dealing with is competative with a typical Carnival cruise ship, the pool deck of which can be seen here:

carnival-cruise-pool_175_1a.jpg

Almost looks big enough for a mini-water park. 'Pretty sure they typically hold around 300 passengers at a time plus crew. So figure about 400 people?

How many people can fit into a 100' diameter circle? Does TK in M&M have any sort of weight limit to worry about, or does it just concern itself with volume?

Share this post


Link to post

Ok, cool.

As for weight limit, yes there is. But I'm guessing cramming 100' diameter space with people will not equal the 12.5 tons I can lift.

Was just curious how long it was going to take to get the deck cleared of people. No worries.

Share this post


Link to post
Sign in to follow this  

×