Re: One-Eyed Jack - PL6 (Hero) - tomorrow (alternate idea)

Barnum

Am I missing something or is that a misprint in UP where is says (p.71):

Deflection: Attacks just seem to miss you. This is Deflect (all attacks), Free Action, with a rank equal to your Probability Control.

Deflect (all attacks) [Extra] is 5 PPs per rank (3 for all attacks, 2 to move it from Standard to Free) not 4 like Probability Control is. To buy Deflect as an AP of Probability Control 6 should only be at 4 ranks.

Deflection: Attacks just seem to miss you. This is Deflect (all attacks), Free Action, with a rank equal to your Probability Control.

Deflect (all attacks) [Extra] is 5 PPs per rank (3 for all attacks, 2 to move it from Standard to Free) not 4 like Probability Control is. To buy Deflect as an AP of Probability Control 6 should only be at 4 ranks.

Looks good.

My only quibble is taking a 3 pt. drawback for “one-eye†and then specifically designing your character so that you will never have to make ranged attacks (by buying your powers up to perception or down to touch) and thus never incurring the penalty associated with that drawback. It isn’t actually a drawback of any kind for your character as far as I can tell. If it were up to me, I wouldn’t give any points for that drawback based on your character design. If a blind person with Blindsight is only a 1 point drawback (MnM, 126), then yours (a one-eyed man who never makes ranged attacks) shouldn’t be even 1 point in my opinion.

But if the other judges don’t object, then neither will I.

Looks good.

My only quibble is taking a 3 pt. drawback for “one-eye†and then specifically designing your character so that you will never have to make ranged attacks (by buying your powers up to perception or down to touch) and thus never incurring the penalty associated with that drawback. It isn’t actually a drawback of any kind for your character as far as I can tell. If it were up to me, I wouldn’t give any points for that drawback based on your character design. If a blind person with Blindsight is only a 1 point drawback (MnM, 126), then yours (a one-eyed man who never makes ranged attacks) shouldn’t be even 1 point in my opinion.

Looks good.

The drawback aside, I think that your main power suite (the Probability Control array) is a little too full on powers. I can understand how you might have a Perception-strength Damage, Deflection, and Environmental Control off that ability, but the Move Object doesn't fit.

Also, do you regularly go around the city with your equipment on, or is it only when you are girding yourself for battle? While a subtle bulletproof vest and a handgun is one thing, full plate and a sword are a little more conspicuous.

The drawback aside, I think that your main power suite (the Probability Control array) is a little too full on powers. I can understand how you might have a Perception-strength Damage, Deflection, and Environmental Control off that ability, but the Move Object doesn't fit.

Also, do you regularly go around the city with your equipment on, or is it only when you are girding yourself for battle? While a subtle bulletproof vest and a handgun is one thing, full plate and a sword are a little more conspicuous.