Love conquers hate

Moira Morley

I am trying to make a nihilistically empowered NPC. "Numb" will have Absorption 14 and immunities to mental effects and interaction effects. MBCE points out that he may be a bit strong and that he needs a weakness. Noone wants to be put against the unstoppable force. Cyroa suggests a weakness to positive emotions since his MO is "the world sucks and I'm here to make you see that the world sucks". Power Loss is a bit too neutering for him. He watches someone give someone else a hug and his powers are gone? Maybe Weakness, but how strong and what way to do so? I would have gone with Vulnerability, but "positive emotion" attacks are few and far between :P Finally, maybe it works in reverse. He gets Boosted around negative emotions. Though that probably wouldn't work with the immunities and probably would be way expensive.

Any suggestions?

Why does he need Absorption at rank 14?

And why Immunity to all Interaction Skills and Mental Effects? Couldn't this weakness you're building be triggered by a good enough Bluff or Diplomacy check? One that makes him think maybe Life isn't that bad after all? Or Emotion Control (Love)?

Well, he was for my vignette (that never was finished :() and I needed something that Moira couldn't affect. Absorption 14 (which in the beginning was an immunity to all damage :o) was just enough so she couldn't harm him. The mental immunities are so she can't reason with him or take an easy way out and mind control him.