Player Away Thread

Barnum

I'm going to be out of town from Mon 11th through Friday 15th, going up north to some cabins. The cabins are supposed to have wifi, so we'll see how that goes, but if I fall off the face of the earth for a week that's what happened.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all, so I got some good news, and I will be leaving this weekend on Emergency vacation to the land of the ice and the snow.  Or, at this time of year, Mosquito so large you have to hit them with a Cricket bat.

Specifically Yellowknife.

Ideally I am doing more than just spending time, but I am gonna had to Wade Wilson the ring.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Roseburg,+OR/Yellowknife,+NT,+Canada/@51.6447012,-136.2067547,4z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x54c422c54b5959cd:0x5fa45e16d7c2fd91!2m2!1d-123.3417381!2d43.216505!1m5!1m1!1s0x53d1f12ca34682c9:0xb4c137244371ef81!2m2!1d-114.3717886!2d62.4539717!3e0

Making me the most northerly member of the board.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Quick update.  This past week and a half at work (both of my jobs) I was put in charge of two separate sections so to speak.  And all I've pretty done when at home is go to sleep or study for some certifications I have due soon.  This week, things should have slown down enough for me to actually return (Like I thought I would last week).  Though my schedule will now be a bit of a tighter fit on weekdays in the afternoon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tuesday between 1 and 5 PM the movers will be coming. I haven't set up the internet in my new place yet, so I could be gone for a bit while I figure that out. It should be simply just plugging in the router Verizon is sending, but we'll see. Lots of things have promised to be simple and turned out no so much.

My father just passed away. He'd had a massive heart attack early in May, and was in either a hospital or rehab center since then. His wife, my step-mom, was there with him, and his grandchildren in their Halloween costumes. He was happy, and not alone, which I suppose is more than some people get.

My father loved and respected all faiths, so if you have a chance, say a prayer to whatever gods or goddesses you cherish , or at least raise a glass to my father, Walter David Karcher. He loved Tolkien, Harry Potter, Bob Newhart and George Carlin, and he passed his love of books, music and nature to all of us. 

I love you, Dad.