Player Away Thread

Barnum

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who don't know, I have bipolar disorder. If I'm not posting and not in Chat, that's depressed phase, in which I lose interest in most (but not always all of) everything. Mania is the flip side, in which I'm vibrantly creative sometimes to the point of not being able to concentrate enough enough to do...well, anything. I'll pop up in Chat, though, and say things I really shouldn't! Which is super fun and totally not awkward for anyone at all.

At any rate, I'm in depressed phase. So whatever makes my writing go...isn't working. Sorry about that. Back at it in one to three weeks. Ish. Brains are notoriously inexact.

Edited by EternalPhoenix

So, rather than make a whole thread I'll just put this here, especially since it's not exactly a secret or anything...

I've been gone a while (the better part of a year), but I'm back now (I guess as much as I was gone vs. back?). At the moment I'm just kind of trying to catch up and figure out where things stand for the moment. 

In the next couple of weeks I'm going to try and work with Refs and such to figure out where things stand character-reward-wise (as I understand it that system has been revised), reactivating a couple of characters (at least), and getting back in the flow of things.

My post rate will probably still be a bit patchy and erratic.

As for what's kept me away...for now I'm not really comfortable with talking much about it in general. For those curious/concerned, you can PM me, and I'll speak one-on-one as I'm comfortable.

But seriously, this place is great, you're all great, and I've really missed being around. 

• 2 weeks later...

My cousin is getting married this weekend; I'm flying out Friday (5/6) to attend, and won't be back home until the following Monday (5/9). As usual, I'll try to keep up with posts and such, but responses may be delayed and I'm unlikely to have much chat presence. 

So things are a bit rough on the school front; I thought I was out of the woods, but things are even tougher now. Starting next week, my posting will be very thin to nonexistent through May and June as I need to ace *both* my summer classes just to stay in the program.

I'll see ya when I see ya! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the vanishing act over the past few days. Had a bad case of the flu that left me out of commission, which came with a hefty dose of depression and a mild existential crisis about my well being and mortality. Always a fun thing to go through :P

Anyway. Apologies if I held up any threads, I'll try and catch up.

• 3 weeks later...

Before I forget to post it:

I'll be on holidays for 2 weeks starting saturday. I don't yet know how the situation will look Wi-Fi wise, so I might not be around at all, might only be around a bit, might be around all the time.

So yeah, I don't know wheter or not I'll be away fully, but it's a possibility.