Player Away Thread

Barnum

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well. That was...okay, it was stupid.  My lappy's DC jack finally failed a little over a month ago. And instead of taking it directly to the repair shop I know does good work (but oh dear god, 120 bucks for labor alone), I listen to my father's advice. His girlfriend knows a thing or two about computer repair, and her work has an actual IT professional she's on good terms with. Three weeks later, IT guy's on vacation and she's only done some adhoc repairs to the battered and cracked case. Which wasn't the problem in the first place. Sometimes I wonder if people listen when I speak. But I digress. I take it to the shop on my first day off after that, and it takes the better part of a week to be fully repaired. The case turned out to be a more serious issue than I thought, too. 180 bucks, you guys. Then of course I had to work again. And I'm one of the most easily distracted people on earth. But here I am again.

Hello.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will be very busy with my master's thesis and another exam over the next 2-3 weeks. Posting will be sporadic at best, nonexistent at worst. I'll do my best not to hold back any threads I'm currently in - writing me off to the side would be the best bet. Look forward to going back into the groove when the whole thing is over.

• 2 weeks later...

It has been a trying 6 months. My posting might as well have been non-existant. But finally, in 11 days from now, I will have internet in my grandma's. Which will mean I'll be able to resume regular posting once more.

So... 11 days left... Let the countdown begin!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about sporadic posting; school is getting intense, I'm still adjusting to the new store, and now the revelation that we need to be out of our apartment by the end of the month all havr me going in circles. But I'm still very much around and will try and get caught up as I can.

• 2 weeks later...