Player Away Thread

Barnum

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm experiencing computer problems which are going to slow down my postage, I don't know when it's going be resolved but at least I'll be able to keep on going regardless, just a bit slower.

Sorry for the inconvenience experienced by those I'm currently in threads with.

I know I've been mostly a non-entity here for the last few months, and I'd like to say that's about to change. But I've recently been swept up in some R.L. stuff recently that's going to continue to make my F.C. time unpredictable. I'll probably still have a chance to duck into the chatroom between classes while I'm on-campus. But one of the family members who lives in my house is now bedridden and dying of cancer he didn't know he had a month ago, and this revelation came right as the rest of us are knee-deep in a (much-needed) D.I.Y. remodel of half the house. So Yeah.

When it rains, it pours.

Honestly, most of the well-wishes are unnecessary. As horrible as it probably makes me sound to say it, I don't particularly like the guy, or think the world will be poorer for his passing. I just kinda want this whole him-dying thing to be over already so Life can go on.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for my slow posting/min-online presence. School and the testing period are exhausting plus I just started wearing a F@#$ING CPAP machine. Basically I'm wiped out and exhausted. Hopefully it'll settle down relative soon and I'll be back to normal-ish.

Oh, and since I'm doing this anyway, I'll also mention the weekend of the 19th (2 weeks), I'll be gone from Fri mid-day to Monday as I'll be returning to a LARP game for the first time in 8 years. (Crazy I know.) Anyone around S/W CT, here's a link in case you're into LARPS, post-apocalypse worlds and zombies.

http://www.dystopiarisinglarp.com/index.php

Sorry for my slow posting/min-online presence. School and the testing period are exhausting plus I just started wearing a F@#$ING CPAP machine. Basically I'm wiped out and exhausted. Hopefully it'll settle down relative soon and I'll be back to normal-ish.

The CPAP will take some time to adjust to -- I had hellaciously painful headaches for three mornings after first wearing it -- but it is definitely worth it in the long run.

AW has been sick much of the week, Hopefully she'll get back in the swing this weekend.

Our hearts go out to her.

Well, OK, not our hearts. Those are still in our chests. Though I guess all these hearts we're sending out to her are "ours" now. I mean, it's not like their original owners need them anymore...

Hey, folks. Long time no holler, I know. A massive, gooey glob of work plopped down on me and my co-workers, and I'll be stuck in the morass for quite some time, it seems. Overtime: nice for extra cash, not so nice for game-type pursuits. I'll have to stuff Madcap into the mothballs until the brouhaha settles down, whenever that might be. In the meantime, good luck, heroes (and villains)!

Some of you know we've been expecting my grandmother to pass away for a few weeks now and she passed in her sleep last night. I'm going to be dealing with that mostly this week and posting will be back on the back burner. I'll post when I'm able. Thanks in advance for understanding.