Player Away Thread

Barnum

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Glaaki -- the possible side-effects of the antibiotic I'm on are horrendous!

The serious adverse effects that may occur as a result of moxifloxacin therapy include irreversible peripheral neuropathy, spontaneous tendon rupture and tendonitis, acute liver failure or serious liver injury, QTc prolongation/torsades de pointes, toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN) and clostridium difficile associated disease (CDAD), as well as photosensitivity/phototoxicity reactions. Hepatitis, pseudomembranous colitis, psychotic reactions and Stevens-Johnson syndrome [a life-threatening condition affecting the skin in which cell death causes the epidermis to separate from the dermis] have also been associated with moxifloxacin therapy.

I'm more worried about my skin sloughing off.

Yea my housemate is on medication that has that as a possible side effect. We can't change soaps or detergents at all for fear of his skin coming off. Makes trolling for sales much harder :)

Course its not likely and sure beats drowning in your own fluids right?

I realize that this is formidably late to be returning to the site: but I never realized until now that the URL had been changed. :wallbang:

Anyway, I'm back, so expect to see something from me in the near future.

Very giood to have you back, Snow! It's been a rough Fall for the site, but thinks looks to be smoother as we head into the new year.

Hey, remember me? :D

I apologize for not having posted here sooner. Those of you whose social networking intersects with mine will already know all this. Real Life has been kinda punching me in the face over the last month or so. My mom broke a few ribs and sustained a nasty head injury, so I've been living with her and attending to her needs. It's pretty much a 24/7 job. She only sleeps for 2-4 hours at a time, she's pumped full of synthetic opiates, and she can't even stand up or sit down without assistance and agonizing pain. If she needs anything that doesn't happen to be within arms reach, I need to fetch it for her.

In short, my online time currently comes in short and unpredictable bursts. It'll probably be a couple more weeks at least before I'm able to get back into the swing of things. I apologize for the inconvenience.