Player Away Thread

Barnum

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is more an after the fact away note, but my health has been seriously crashing this month. I have Crohn's disease and it flared to life pretty painfully, which makes it hard to do much of anything for extended bouts.

Coming out of it generally now, and should be okay from this point, but just figured I'd note somewhere generally why I've been inactive for extended bouts in various threads this month. Sorry on the delays in said threads.

After tonight, I won't be around until sometime Sunday evening, as I will be driving with my mom and sister to a family wedding near Erie, PA this weekend. Should be a pretty good time, though I need to buy a dress shirt that fits :roll:

Hey guys,

As I mentioned before, I was certified as an EMT in Pennsylvania. My certification is set to expire at the end of the month, and I need to have 24 hours of continuing education (and a CPR certification) done before that time. I've got about 1/3 of that done. You guys can do the math. :) I'll keep reading here throughout the week, and maybe make some OOC posts, but my IC stuff is probably going on hold this week.

I wish! Nah, just turned out that I needed a new keyboard: the old one had some weird short in it, not only would it not let me type but it was also sending a signal to my computer that made it beep repeatedly (though he beeping seemed to come from the CD/DVD R-W drive, and it wasn't a "beeeeeeeeep" it was a "beep beep beep beep beep").

After completing 25 hours of continuing education, I'm now back to the game. I'll probably spend the rest of tonight reading what's happened in the past week. Monday should see me continuing all of the threads that I am responsible for, both as a player and as a referee.

Hi all. Sorry I've been completely absent the last few days; I had a very hectic work schedule over the weekend, which also lead to me getting pretty darn sick (I took off my weekday job today), completely sapping me of any creative energy.

After taking lots of Dayquil and drinking cup after cup of cranberry juice, I'm finally starting to feel better, so I'm starting to post again as of now.

Hey all,

Unfortnatly, my internet provider broke something, and since i don't have ready access to this computer my posting will be lacking until eather my internet at home is fixed or or changed providers. (it's the 2nd largest provider though so it should be fixed in a day or two depending on how much damage they did.)

Gah, what a crappy week this as been! A chest cold I haven't been able to shake, an office move during an already busy week, and long nights at Blockbuster Friday and Saturday sapped me of much of my strength and that last niggling bit of sanity.

Posting begins now!

Hello,

I'm on the closest thing I've had to a vacation since last year. While I'm posting a little in the evenings (Mountain Time evenings), it'll be slower than my usual.

Also, if anyone has a chance to visit the Rockies, I greatly recommend taking it. It's gorgeous out here.