Player Away Thread

Barnum

My exchange program is over, so I'm leaving Europe tomorrow and moving back to Canada. That means I will be offline for a couple of days as I settle into my temporary accomodations until I find a place to live. I should be back online by the weekend, but my posting may be erratic until July. I'll try to post on a regular basis.

Apologies to fellow players and esteemed Refs in new and ongoing games.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My exchange program is over, so I'm leaving Europe tomorrow and moving back to Canada. That means I will be offline for a couple of days as I settle into my temporary accomodations until I find a place to live. I should be back online by the weekend, but my posting may be erratic until July. I'll try to post on a regular basis.

Apologies to fellow players and esteemed Refs in new and ongoing games.

It's all good. Us North Americans might see you in the chat more, which will be nice :)

It turns out that I was mostly away for the last couple of days. Some of the Americans here might have heard about the storms in Virginia. One of them managed to knock out power to my house for 20 hours. I'm back now and will be catching up over the next couple days. Thankfully, I spent some extra time at work, so I should have a short day on Friday.

I'm not going to be away, exactly, but my posts will be slowed down until I get used to my new work schedule. In addition to that, the computer at my residence is broken so I will only be able to post at my fiance's grandparents house, which won't be much of a problem as I'm there most of my free time anyway.

I'm back sooner that I thought! I figured the jet lag would knock me out for a few days but - knock on wood - I think I may have beaten it. And, I have a fast and reliable internet connection. Everything is slowly returning to normal.

Thanks for bearing with me; expect posts from me soon. :)

Not really an "I'm away" thing, but an explanation for my lack of in-depth posts of late: Early Tues morning, around 12:30am (as we were getting ready for bed), one of our cats decided my wife's ear would look better off of her head than on it. 3 1/2 hour wait in the waiting room before we were even seen, then more waiting as the doc did... something. Got home around 6am, exhausted, slept for about an hours, then we dragged ourselves to work. Her boss sent her home and she got to sleep, I worked on, but crashed almost as soon as I got in. I'm still very groggy, so may crash again when I get home tonight. For those of you involved in games I'm running, I apologize for the delay.

As for my wife, the wound was actually not as bad as it looked (head/facial wounds rarely are, since they bleed so much), didn't even get stitches. They did give her some Motrin & Percocet, and told us to keep the wound clean & covered with Neosporin to prevent infection.

I'm leaving for summer camp tomorrow(teaching archery) and I don't know what my computer access will be like there. I'm guessing poor. If in about a week I haven't been able to post, I'd like for my characters to be archived until the end of summer.

I'm leaving for summer camp tomorrow(teaching archery) and I don't know what my computer access will be like there. I'm guessing poor. If in about a week I haven't been able to post, I'd like for my characters to be archived until the end of summer.

Will do. Have a great summer! Don't shoot any little kids. :D

Time for 1 minute silence for Archvilles Dryer: 20:00.

Hold on a minute, if your a super scientist, jury rig the Dryer. :D

Sadly, IRL I'm an English major, not a Mad Scientist ;) And from the looks of things, it seems the thermostat on the dryer is dead, something I'm certainly not going to mess with for fear of burning the house down.

I'm visiting family for a few days and they don't have an internet connection. I have to run to a local cafe to get online. Please excuse my delays in the meantime; I'll still be able to post, though not frequently.

Hurry back! :)

And get your family some internet!