Player Away Thread

Barnum

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all,

I'm just posting here because I've been a little absent for the past little while - it was supposed to have stopped, but it hasn't. The problem is that, on days that I work, I leave the house at 8am and return at 8pm. That gives me little time to do anything, especially if I have to do something else in the evening (as was the case last night and will be tonight). I try to get some posting done at work, but the boss (for some strange reason) looks poorly on roleplaying during working hours (I know, what gives!?) I get on when I can, but it can be tricky.

Anyways, I'm just posting here to tell everybody why I may be a little slow to reply sometimes. I got a lot of love for this board and the peeps found herein, so my absences are merely out of necessity, not desire. If you find that I've neglected your thread, feel very free to send me a PM reminding me. I can be a forgetful Fred at the best of times, so I won't take any offence.

Hope you're well, and I hope things change for the better soon. Take care!

Hey all,

I'm just posting here because I've been a little absent for the past little while - it was supposed to have stopped, but it hasn't. The problem is that, on days that I work, I leave the house at 8am and return at 8pm. That gives me little time to do anything, especially if I have to do something else in the evening (as was the case last night and will be tonight). I try to get some posting done at work, but the boss (for some strange reason) looks poorly on roleplaying during working hours (I know, what gives!?) I get on when I can, but it can be tricky.

Anyways, I'm just posting here to tell everybody why I may be a little slow to reply sometimes. I got a lot of love for this board and the peeps found herein, so my absences are merely out of necessity, not desire. If you find that I've neglected your thread, feel very free to send me a PM reminding me. I can be a forgetful Fred at the best of times, so I won't take any offence.

Hope you're well, and I hope things change for the better soon. Take care!

Congratulations!

Mahwidge. Mahwide is wot bwings us togever, today...

Seriously, I hope it's a great day for you and the beginning of many more to come. Save me some cake!... unless it's fruit ;)*

(*Not that that's bad or anything, this homey just don't dig the fruit cake flavor, ow!)

Congrats!

:bat: <---Approves of marriage.

I don't think Batman approves of marriage, judging from his assorted Bat-affairs and Bat-children-out-of-wedlock.

To address the main point: If you really loved us, you'd still post over the weekend.

...before people get to try out the angry smilies on me, I'm just kidding. Add my congratulations to the growing pile, and tell us all the awesome details when you return.

I'm back, more or less. (Never really left, due to hotel's high-speed 'net & wife's preference for sleeping in late.)

Wedding went as well as it could. Half of us got stopped by the courthouse metal detectors, then we had to wait for an hour before we could get hitched. Then at the reception lunch, we were told we could only order from the lunch menu, despite being reassured, twice, that they'd have the full dinner menu available to us. Hotel room was very plush (and quiet, despite there being two other wedding parties and a Shriner's convention being held in the same hotel!), and their breakfast buffet was great. Came back home and had a bit of a scare when we couldn't find one of our cats, but after an hour of tearing the house upside down he finally peeked out and seemed fine.