Player Away Thread

Barnum

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright this should be my last long-term away post, barring vacations I'll start to have some activity for good.  I quit my job(s) recently, though at the same time I've been working on a second baccalaureate as I pursue a career change.  In doing this I've recently gotten my A+ and Net+ certifications while I was at it.  Working on security+ and laying the groundwork to one day get cysa+ after I've built up more experience.  Buuut, I'll also be working full time with a government contractor (Honestly, I'm just looking forward to take a break from having a managerial role regardless of industry.  The burnout while working two supervisor jobs at once is and essentially supervisor roles since High School if you count my time as an NCO is real.  Hospitals are only slightly better than warehouses in this respect lemme tell ya). while working on this second baccalaureate (which is almost done so yay).  So to make all this happen my already sporadic activity will be pretty null here until August.  I'll still hop in on Discord.  But, I def won't be able to hit up posts with the amount of furor my brain wants to.  So this isn't farewell (as I said I'll be on Discord and my activity has already had like 2-3 years of sucking).  Instead, it's more of a declaration that before the year is over I'm coming back with full posting dedication (That said, I'll still try to hit up a post here and there, but there's no way I can manage daily atm my weekdays are looking like 5-6 hours a sleep a day.  I may not be 30 yet, but I'm not that young anymore!)

Edited by HGM

We're moving in a few days. Between now and then there's stuff we gotta do, too. So my already-erratic posting will be worse for a week+; between "getting the internet installed" and "work" and such, not sure how much I'll be around. Hopefully will be settled in semi-sufficiently by Easter weekend. 

• 3 weeks later...

Take care Tarra!

And in other news, work has been extremely busy for a variety of reasons, and also very taxing emotionally and mentally (more than its normal level of taxing). In addition, I have had some grumbling infection that has put me on antibiotics. Sum total = total wash out.

Ill try to make a few posts but going to be v slow for a couple of days at best, until the weekend crawls to the rescue, and I am feeling a little less ill!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been away. 

And I will be away!

To be more precise, due to work issues, book deadlines, and to a lesser extent, family issues, I dont have the brains to post more than minimally right now. I anticipate that things will even out in two months or so, but really, who knows?

Im going to try and prioritise group threads. And, to be honest, player posts are easier than GMs. So I am not gone completely, its just I dont have the head space to post right now with everything else going on!

As mentioned previously, the next 2 weeks are gonna be my final exams, which include, amongst other things, 3 years of various subjects crammed into long exams, all held at times so early man was not meant to be awake at them.
What this translates to is that right now, and for the next 2 weeks, I am generally almost always exhausted in some way, and I'm already noticing the effect on my creativity, so threads I'm in may slow down further/stop entirely because of this.
I'll try to keep up at least some semblance of a posting schedule, but if I drop off the face of the earth entirely for some reason, you know why!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm taking a week to recover from illness. I'm starting to feel a bit down in general. Not sure if it's my depression coming back or not.

If I don't feel back up to posting then I might be retiring from the site. I think I might have forced it before I was ready.

Edited by Sailor

My supervisor's last day was last Thursday, so three people were doing the shifts of four. And now someone else is leaving at the end of the week, so three people are going to be doing the shifts of four and a half. That's not a shot, she was only part time. Obviously I will not have time to post. I will barely have time to eat and sleep. The latter is only for a week, but jesus what a bad time for her to leave. For those keeping score at home, that's 64 hours that three people already doing 40 a week will be covering next week.