Player Away Thread

Barnum

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I managed to breathe some life into my computer so I'm back. That said, its creaky and some functions are gone (I'm not surprised, its been mechanically a little suspicious over the past few months, overheating a lot - and this morning something went Fzzzt! Bang!), so its time for a new PC. 

Ill be around for posting, but might be a little reduced. 

Hit a bit of a rough patch recently; school has been challenging, and I'm seeking psychiatric help for...whatever it is I'm currently going through (Anxiety? Depression? A bit of both?) to supplement my regular therapy sessions. I'm not in any danger of doing anything harmful, just really struggling right now.

Posting helps a lot when I have the energy to do so, as it's a positive creative outlet, it's just things have to be aligned right for me to do that. 

So you'll see me pop in now and again in the days to come, posting here and there, but there may be lapses as well. But fear not, I am never far away!

• 2 weeks later...

So, I know it's been a while since I did more than sniff around anything on the forums here. Folks may or may not have seen me lurking now and a gain. 

I want to say thank you for all the grace you've extended as I kind of just vanished. It's just been one of those things where life's pace changed and it was hard to find the time.

I've reached a point where I've got a pretty good handle on life's rhythms, and my laptop is, if not replaced/upgraded, at least such that it won't die on me. 

I'm really wanting to try and get back in the swing of things. It's going to take me a bit to catch up on what's been going on and remember what I was doing. I probably won't start full-bore with all characters. 

I think my goal at this point is going to be to try and get caught up by the end of this month, and try to start posting again in February (which isn't too far away), just to make post counts easier (on me). If you have a thread or threads with me you want me to be sure and catch up on and start work on again, let me know. If you've got a thread with me that you just want to let fade, we can do some kind of summary closing post or let it lie. 

Again, sorry it took a while. Y'all are great people.

PS I'll actually be in Discord today but I can't promise I'll be super-chatty. Still, you'll hopefully start to see more of me. Unless you don't like that, in which case...tough. :clint::P

• 3 weeks later...

Im going on holiday to a center parks, ive been told there will be no wifi at the cottage thing but there will be in the centeral area so posting with be limited to mobile data on the smartphone and a kinda old tablet when i have spare time to lounge around the wifi, should be back on the 10th of march

• 2 weeks later...

I am very sorry that I have been away.  I hope to change this very soon.  My husband is between jobs and I am working far too many hours at the moment to cover.  So my free time has gone to nothing.  He has irons in the fire and I hope that this changes soon as I'm going kind of crazy with the hours.

I am really really sorry and if I'm holding anyone up, please move on without me for the moment.

If you have parents, children, loved ones, whoever. Hug them, tell them you love them. Spend time with them. Love them all you can. There may be a day where you can't do that.

My son was 19. He had his whole life ahead of him. I remember talking to him the day before, on my birthday. And now he's gone. None of us were prepared for this. I'm missing a piece of my heart now.

I'll be here sparingly for however long it takes.