Barnum

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I umm'd and ahh'd about how to do this and then decided to just stick a post in here.

I figure some of you noticed that I up and disappeared without warning. I feel bad about that, my apologies to those who had threads in progress or in planning with me. Ari, Freely, Supercape, Azuth, anyone else  that I've forgotten.. sorry!

The reason for the disappearing act was that I was recently diagnosed with cancer. As scary as that sounds (and is), it's not so bad. I'm lucky enough that it's been caught super early and it's a brand of cancer that can be treated with a very high success rate. Treatment is off to a good start and everything points to things working out well.

Telling people usually seemed to have been about as traumatic as finding out the news myself, so that's why I disappeared and also why I chose this quiet (cowardly! :xd: ) way of letting you guys know. I've also worked out that people have very hard time working out what to say, so seriously, don't worry about it. If you really have to I'll take "get well soon" or something!  :words:

As for my absence from the site.. I haven't really felt like writing. Hopefully that'll change once I get bored with the books and games I've been occupying myself with, but for now I'm going to take a break. I do plan on swinging by the chatroom a bit though, so you won't get rid of me that easily.

So yeah. That. Please don't make a fuss guys, it's not the end of the world and I've seen more than enough kids in the last few weeks who have it way worse than me to have gotten myself past the "why me, it's so unfair" meltdown stage. Yeah I'm sick, yeah it sucks. I'll get over it!  :-D

Anybody caught making a fuss will get :argh:'d at because I can do that to you guys without getting in trouble!  :D