Player Away Thread

Barnum

And with the start of the month, having talked things over with some folks, I'm officially leaving on my planned hiatus. I need some time to rethink my approach to the game; my play-style has grated on some people, and detracted from the fun some others have been having. Hopefully if I come back in a month or two, I'll be able to return with a better idea of what I'm doing. Either way, it's been a lot of fun here at FCPBP, and I'm sad to go, at least for now. Whether or not I come back is still up in the air, but I'll say flat that I'll really miss all of you either way. You're good people. And that's no lie.

Thanks for putting up with me for so long.

Cheers! And best wishes!

-Quinn

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I will be leaving early tomorrow to go to my grandparents' house in Pea Ridge, Arkansas. I'll have my phone, but the likelihood of having any G's, let alone 3 of them, is low. As such, I will be "off the grid" for the purposes of this site.

I plan to drive back Monday morning, so I'll be here that afternoon, and things will settle back to normal-ish.

My computer's ability to connect to the internet has been sporadic at best since the 31st, and my laptop's lost all ability to connect (that, or the few places I took it to had the crappiest of wifis). Not sure if it's my computer or the network -- my wife's been having some problems with her laptop's connectivity, but not as bad as what I've been experiencing. Hopefully this isn't going to require an expensive computer repair, b/c I'm still deep in post-X-Mas debt. Fortunately everything at work seems fine... but we're on reduced hours this week (classes start back next Monday), so the place is only open for about an hour outside of my work schedule.

Hey guys, remember me?

Just checked my profile and saw my last post was way back in November. Part of me feels like I'm at an AA meeting... "I've been Freedom City Sober for a month and a half now! :O" I may be about to backslide, though.

How have things been going here? Did I miss much?

Things have been pretty fair all around. The new Young Freedom is realy pulling together it seems, the Interceptors are getting ready to move into a new place, the unaffiliated heroes are starting to pick up, and Scolar, Harrier, Wraith and Victory are in a Predator-esque situation in the Mintaka system after some Fang Mother-worshipping jerks kidnapped them.

Yea, I apologize for not finishing that up... But after months of it moving so slowly, I admit I did lose interest...

We'll see... I'd thought about bringing back an old character, but I figured it would be best to just let that dream go.

I dunno... if it's just business as usual around here, I can't say coming back is the most attractive idea I've had recently. I'll think about it though. Peace dudes.

Hey, all.

When I finished my first semester of college and went home, I dropped off of the radar here. Fortunately I wasn't involved in much of anything yet, so I don't think I've inconvenienced anyone. I do, however, owe Airon an apology for never getting back to him on his generous offer to run a thread for me.

At any rate, I'm back now, and I hope to get more involved soon. Cheers.

Unfortunately, work and life has exploded with busy busy busy over the last week and shows no signs of slowing down this week. On top of that I still have a grumbling virus and am flopping into bed early evening exhausted with a headache. Yes, I am run down.

Apologies, but my posting will be limited until I can grab some energy back. Hopefully I can recover a bit this weekend.

SC.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...