Player Away Thread

Barnum

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to apologize for my absence. The jobs have been kicking me around. Mornings at one, evenings at another. *sigh* Good news is I'll have bills paid off, bad news is I won't be around. <3 I'll try and swing by and get my threads done on my days off this week. Store is coming along nicely though. We almost have the crap from the previous management cleaned up.

Hey folks. I feel the need to explain the lack of my presence here this last month or so. Basically, my new job that they hired me for was unable to keep paying me due to government budget cutbacks among other things. Dealing with that between a job hunt and some medical issues, I didn't have much time to be around here. Furthermore, it might be that I could be potentially moving so there is that too. So, sorry that I haven't been around that much and that trend might continue.

Hi guys! :D

Sadly I've come to accept the fact that I've lost my drive to post here; part of it is probably the retirement of Grim, which I think was necessary, but I still miss her muchly. Another factor is I've really grown to like 3rd edition quite a bit and far prefer it to 2nd, and I'm currently very active on another site where I'm running a game set in my comic book universe which is making me blissfully happy.

I don't rule out ever coming back in the future, for to me it's an entirely amicable break, which at this point probably comes as a shock to no one; please retire my two characters (sorry about the lost equipment points, Lab partners!) with dignity and respect; perhaps Ecal could say some kind words and pour out some single malt in their honor.

I might pop into chat to say hi from time to time, but for now this is sadly good-bye and God bless :) :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently I'm heading off to my grandfathers place to help him move. I'll probably be gone for a day or two. Hopefully I'll be back soon.

Don't you love those conversations? "Oh and dear, you're helping your grandfather move this weekend." "... I am?"

I haven't left official notice because I kept thinking I could do something about it, but let's face reality. I'm not home, haven't been for a bit. Time on site is spotty but I will be making efforts to hit all of my threads. Just have a lot on my mind right now (but I still love you all.)

And with the start of the month, having talked things over with some folks, I'm officially leaving on my planned hiatus. I need some time to rethink my approach to the game; my play-style has grated on some people, and detracted from the fun some others have been having. Hopefully if I come back in a month or two, I'll be able to return with a better idea of what I'm doing. Either way, it's been a lot of fun here at FCPBP, and I'm sad to go, at least for now. Whether or not I come back is still up in the air, but I'll say flat that I'll really miss all of you either way. You're good people. And that's no lie.

Thanks for putting up with me for so long.

Cheers! And best wishes!

-Quinn