Player Away Thread

Barnum

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Life's been on one of the more roller coaster like experiences lately. Since getting back from Florida, I've spent most of the week helping with the flooring at the bar and working my paper route so my posting rate has suffered a bit.

Now, CDL license school starts Monday, where I'll be pulling ten hour days for the first three weeks, Monday through Friday. I think coffee and I are going to become good friends from the 12th until the 30th. I'll be doing my best to get posts up during lunch or when not working/in class over the next three work-weeks. Starting in October I get out two and a half hours earlier so that'll help.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. Work is heating up, and I've got deadlines to meet. For simplicity sake, don't expect to see me in chat. I'm going to do my dollar best to keep up with my current thread count and keep the number constant (which does mean starting new ones as old ones finish). But don't expect my posting rate to be anything of a constant. I might surge and get more done one day and less the next, for example.

As always, thanks for your patience!

Apparently the earliest I'll have internet in my apartment is now the 24th. Yeah. So that's... a thing. While I pass the disconnected time by inventing new and colourful swears, please bear with me. I'll endeavour to at least jump on often enough here and there to keep up, but things may be a little dicey for a while longer.

Okay, mentioned this in Chat late at night after wrestling with my PC connection for half a day; I have some bad news, and some good news.

The bad news is that my laptop, which I use most predominantly for posting as the bulk of my weekday involves hopping from wireless hot-spot to hot-spot or holing up in a comfortable corner of the university's student lounge, is literally a smoking wreck right now. RIP, Barnaby. You served as best you could through two years in a student's backpack, going hither and yon on a whim; no matter the storm, you always delivered. :cry:

The good news is that according to my dad, the hard drive is still intact; only the casing and screen were trashed. Which means Franken-Barnaby or Barnaby 2.0 might rise if my 'rents and I can find the right model laptop; something that should be done in a few days (with classes started, grabbing a new one is basically priority one right now).

To sum up, I'll basically be relying on my old desktop PC and it's shoddy connection for the next few days; which means my posting rate's going to be sporadic at best. The timing could be a helluva lot better, but I'll do what I can.

I'm going to be dogsitting for my mom this weekend (while trying to fight off the Strep Throat infection my wife's given me*), and her 'net connection is not so hot. Which means I won't be able to start processing the monthly PP awards until Sunday evening at the earliest.

* Yes, my wife's been recovering from Strep Throat and gallbladder removal surgery simultaneously.

Hey guys! Sorry to say, but I'm not going to be on nearly as much in the coming days. RL issues that need resolving. I'll keep on top of my posting duties but I won't be on chat at all.

EDIT: Actually, not quite so bad as I thought. I'll be able to be on chat intermittently, not regularly, though.

I'm going to be dogsitting for my mom this weekend (while trying to fight off the Strep Throat infection my wife's given me*), and her 'net connection is not so hot. Which means I won't be able to start processing the monthly PP awards until Sunday evening at the earliest.

* Yes, my wife's been recovering from Strep Throat and gallbladder removal surgery simultaneously.

A big Get Well Soon to both of you!

I'll be out until at least mid October. Everything is fine. Just need to recharge and take care of real life issues. Thanks and have fun!

Hey guys, I'm sure you're aware I haven't been on as much. I've had whole weeks where I haven't posted at all. I regret to inform you I need a break from the site. I don't have the time to make it here anymore. I will be coming back in a few months, so I'll see you guys then. Go ahead and archive my characters for now, if that's alright.

Hey folks, unfortunately work has been incredibly busy last week, long stressful hours and me exhausted at the end of it. Partly because I am going on holiday for a week on Friday.

I will have some internet access so I will try to do the odd post but going to be off the radar for a bit. No doubt all hell will have broken loose when I get back to work too :(

APologies for all threads I am GMing at the moment: I will be prioritising the multi-player ones I am playing in first, so I dont slow em down for everybody else!

Pip PIp!