Player Away Thread

Barnum

I'm not strictly away.

However, as many of you know a few months ago I had some major major foot surgery, things getting a lot better, went back to work a few weeks ago on rather limited duties - I am still pretty immobile but gettting beter week by week. On monday, due to loyalty I did stuff I probably shouldn't have, any have been in some pain since.

No doubt this is a temporary blip, and its not like I am really suffering, but I ain't sleeping well, the pain is niggling, and I am getting tired, fatigued and irritable. The latter particularly irks me. I'm going to take it easy the next few days.

I'll probably be on a bit and I will try to keep my threads running, but apologies if quantity and quality take a dive. If you guys do notice some of my threads "sag" a little, feel free to give me a gentle poke and I will try and address it!

A few days of proper painkillers and sleep and taking it easy should get me back to normal.

SC

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello from zone B "volunary evacuation" zone in NYC... I'm running like a headless chicken helping my mother prepare the house for this hurricane. Also depending on if we get the 11ft tides they're calling for it may be a while before I'm on again in a reliable way. <3

I'm back from the weekend. Irene was not as bad as they said it would be for my area, so I'm going to try getting back into the swing of things post wise soon. Expect some delays as I'm still without a car and I have A LOT of other things on my plate.

Regrettably, Geez3r was not as lucky. I just received a text that says he was hit pretty hard (being out in the boonies means when your power goes out, emergency response isn't quite as fast). Looks like he's going to be without power for a few days and won't be back until after it kicks back on (I think his nearest library is about 50 miles away). Just passing the message along. Best wishes to Geez3r. Hope no one is hurt!

Good luck, Geez, glad to hear you're in one piece at least!

Just as a bit of forewarning, I'm moving into my new place on September 2nd, and I'm not sure yet when I'll have readily available internet access past that point. I'll still be around when I can be, but it may be a lot of popping in for a little bit here and there, so PMs will be the way to go if you have something you need to ask me or remind me about.

I apologize for lack of posting lately. My land line at home has been buggy and broken for the past two weeks, and all attempts to get AT&T to fix the damn thing have resulted in it going back to buggy within 24 hours. In addition, the WiFi I've been pinching for regular access has broken down to the point where I get 1 minute of service (if that) to 2 minutes of dropped connection. They're ostensibly sending out a technician to take a look at the root line today, so hopefully - hopefully - I'll have regular Internet by tonight. If not, then I'll post when I'm at work.

Well, time to take it easy for me...

I´m going to be absent until 15th september, and perhaps even more time. Personal stuff, I need to lend a hand to my family specially. I let my 20 Questions unended (I don´t need to say it, but refs, don´t count it) and my Time Machine post (thanks again to SC for his patience).

Like Gizmo, I'm moving this weekend, and like him my posting is going to be spotty for a while, though there is a library nearby which I expect to know intimately very soon. I'm glad most folks seem to have avoided the worst Irene had to offer.

Hope to see you all soon!

With two people quit, one fired and my assistant store manager incapaciated at the moment I'm pulling a 40 hour work week this week. Ontop of everything else at home I'm unsure of my posting time this coming week, I've a few threads I'm trying to close out so I won't hold anyone up, and the one combat thread I'm in (RS3) will probably take most of my time. <3 love you all. Be on as I can be.