Player Away Thread

Barnum

Holy Lord. Hello all!

Old time player, recently back from:

a) battling a tyrannical race of alien enslavers

B) journeying through time, setting wrongs right and stealing hearts along the way (metaphorically)

c) real life, where I have just finished a teaching degree and am looking forward to getting into some gaming

In either case, I nod knowingly to the old faces, wave enthusiastically at the new and hope to make get some hero-ing on!

*waves vigorously at cos*

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*tries to play it cool but grins like an idiot*

Hey cuz (I don't actually say that now, just so everyone is clear), up for some gaming?

We are in the middle of moving (closing Friday moving on Monday) and other craziness, so I haven't been doing any online gaming for a month or so. I plan to start back up in late Jan, running a couple of DC Adventures online. I'll PM you or catch you on IM with the details.

We are in the middle of moving (closing Friday moving on Monday) and other craziness, so I haven't been doing any online gaming for a month or so. I plan to start back up in late Jan, running a couple of DC Adventures online. I'll PM you or catch you on IM with the details.

Done; looking forward to it. Happy New Year and all that jazz, and good luck moving! I know it can be a hassle.

For various reasons my life has become as hectic as it has ever been before, and then some - and probably will remain so for the next two or three weeks.

I will try to post when I can but things are going to be piecemeal at best - apologies to all those I am in threads with and I will try to do my best to keep abreast of things and reply when I can!

Got word at work yesterday that the next two months are going to be very busy and hectic, so my ability to post during the day (already scarce to being with) will likely go to nil.

And today, my wife had surgery, so my next few evenings (and this weekend) will be spent in part tending to her, leaving me less time to post here. (Another foot surgery; not as serious as her last one, but she still needs to stay off her feet for the next few days.)

It has been a fun time the past two years. I have made many friends here. I thank you guys for letting me have a little bit of escapism. I've made friends and you guys have helped me and been there through the bad times. But I have to go now. I can't come back. I've made bad decisions over the past two years that have not endeared me to some people. Please, don't make the mistakes I did. Hopefully this friendships I've made will not end.

Thank you.

I love you guys.

Goodbye.

Good luck to you wherever you go, Moira.

My computer has died. It's been on its last legs for a while and has finally bitten the dust.

Unfortunately, that means I'll have to post even less than my already-reduced rate, and I will not be able to rejoin chat until such a time as I have purchased a new computer. I sincerely apologize to those of you waiting for replies in my threads. Rest assured, I will endeavor to continue posting as often as I can.

My computer has died. It's been on its last legs for a while and has finally bitten the dust.

Unfortunately, that means I'll have to post even less than my already-reduced rate, and I will not be able to rejoin chat until such a time as I have purchased a new computer. I sincerely apologize to those of you waiting for replies in my threads. Rest assured, I will endeavor to continue posting as often as I can.

You're one of the best newbies we've lucked into in a long time. We'd hate to lose you. Good luck and godspeed.

I got word from Moira today that Sandman will not be around for the next little while, due to health concerns. She wasn't specific on exactly how long he'll be away, but keep him in your thoughts and work around him or wait for him in your plots while he recovers. I'll post more details if I get them.

I'm taking a vacation this weekend. Wow. That made me sound old. :argh:

Anyway: Vacation this weekend. I'm going to the mountains with some old friends for some Skiing and stuff. I am not sure if I will be able to post or not. I may or may not have access to a computer and or wifi. I'll keep you updated if I can, but for now, just know that I'll be spotty at best Thursday night through Monday morning.

Thanks for bearing with me as usual.