Calling all kids! Superhero Team Needs You!

Barnum

So, it looks like the concept tide is turning to a more standard 4-color superhero team. Here are the folks who have expressed an interest:

1. Lilac

2. Affliction

3. Cos (though he may join a bit later than the rest, needs to retire a character)

4. Barnum

5. teleportingbassist (though s/he may not be interested in the not-so-weird 4-color concept)

6. Hero4Hire (also needs to retire a character)

7. zero21 (also needs to retire a character)

We need to start thinking about concepts. I like the idea of having powers that work together, so we can be a real team. We also need a leader (who is almost always the oldest kid in comics like this). I call "not it" on team leader. Also, if the kids are going to be their own hero team (without someone else behind them pulling the strings) we may want to up the age a little (maybe 9-13ish).

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, it looks like the concept tide is turning to a more standard 4-color superhero team. Here are the folks who have expressed an interest:

1. Lilac

2. Affliction

3. Cos (though he may join a bit later than the rest, needs to retire a character)

4. Barnum

5. teleportingbassist (though s/he may not be interested in the not-so-weird 4-color concept)

6. Hero4Hire (also needs to retire a character)

7. zero21 (also needs to retire a character)

We need to start thinking about concepts. I like the idea of having powers that work together, so we can be a real team. We also need a leader (who is almost always the oldest kid in comics like this). I call "not it" on team leader. Also, if the kids are going to be their own hero team (without someone else behind them pulling the strings) we may want to up the age a little (maybe 9-13ish).

Cos waves tiny flag, blows on tiny trumpet and does a tiny dance.

How would 'Dead-Boy' fit into this? Not so much? If we're going 4-colour, I could certainly lean away from the more gruesome aspects, and focus on the cute, funny side of being undead.

Anyone interested in being a sibling? That could be fun...

How would 'Dead-Boy' fit into this? Not so much? If we're going 4-colour, I could certainly lean away from the more gruesome aspects, and focus on the cute, funny side of being undead.

zero21, I added you to the roster. You, like Cos and H4H, would need to retire a character for this, but if you want, we're happy to have you.

Here is what I was thinking in terms of character stats:

Hero Name: Entropy

Name: Darla Edwards

PL/PPs: 6/90

Trade-Offs: Attack/Save DC: +6/+6, Defense/Toughness: +6/+6

Abilities: Str 6 (-2), Dex 12 (+0), Con 14 (+2), Int 10 (+0), Wis 10 (+0), Cha 12 (+1)

Cost – 4 PPs

Saves: Fort +6 (4 Ranks), Ref +4 (3 Ranks), Will +6 (6 Ranks)

Cost – 13 PPs

Combat: Attack +2, Defense +2 (+1 flat-footed)

Cost – 8 PPs

Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+7), Concentration 6 (+6), Notice 8 (+8)

Cost – 5 PPs

Feats: All-out Attack, Dodge Focus 4, Equipment 1, Lucky 3, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Teamwork 1

Cost – 12 PPs

Powers:

Entropic Body

Darla’s cells are permeated with entropic energy slowly siphoned from the Terminus, allowing her to absorb all kinds of attacks against her, and making her body immune to decay (Immunity [Drain]). Under the destructive force of her entropic field, the energy from the attack against her decays until it is completely harmless. Darla can then harness that decay into her entropic blast powers (Absorption). Darla can also expend her entropic energy, decaying the space-time continuum immediately around her. That allows her to defy the some of the laws of physics (Flight), and with the expenditure of enough energy, Darla can actually decay a hole in space-time large enough for her to step through (Teleport). The more energy she expends, the further she can travel.

-Absorption 4 [boosts Entropic Energy Array, Extra: Both Types, Power Feat: Alternate Powers 1] – 21 PPs

Alternate Power – Teleport 9 [Extra]

-Flight 1 – 2 PPs

-Immunity 5 [Drain Powers] – 5 PPs

Entropic Blast:

The substance of Terminus is complete entropy, the decay of all things: body, soul, and spirit. Darla can harness that power of decay for a variety of destructive effects:

-Psychic Entropic Blast (entropic, mental), Mental Blast 6 [Flaws] – 25 PPs

Alternate Power – Physical Entropic Blast (entropic), Stun 6 [Extra]

Alternate Power – Entropic Decay (entropic, mental), Drain 6 [Any one ability score, Extra: Range (Ranged), Alternate Save (Will), Power Feats: Accurate 2, Affects Insubstantial 1]

Alternate Power – Physical Entropic Blast (entropic), Blast 6 [Power Feats: Accurate 2, Affects Insubstantial 2, Incurable]

Alternate Power – Entropic Explosion (entropic) Corrosion 6 [Extras] and Immunity 1 [Deadboy’s Powers].

Drawbacks:

Absorption is Noticeable - 1 pt.

Weakness (Gorin Rocks from the Terminus) All Ability Scores (Uncommon) - 4 pts.

Cost: Ability 4 + Saves 13 + Combat 8 + Skills 5 (20 Ranks) + Feats 12 + Powers 53 – Drawbacks 5 = 90 PPs

zero21, I added you to the roster. You, like Cos and H4H, would need to retire a character for this, but if you want, we're happy to have you.

Abilities: Str 6 (-2), Dex 12 (+0), Con 14 (+2), Int 10 (+0), Wis 10 (+0), Cha 12 (+1)

Cost – 4 PPs

Cost – 13 PPs

Cost – 8 PPs

Cost – 5 PPs

Feats: All-out Attack, Dodge Focus 4, Equipment 1, Lucky 3, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Teamwork 1

Cost – 12 PPs

Powers:

Entropic Body

Darla’s cells are permeated with entropic energy slowly siphoned from the Terminus, allowing her to absorb all kinds of attacks against her, and making her body immune to decay (Immunity [Drain]). Under the destructive force of her entropic field, the energy from the attack against her decays until it is completely harmless. Darla can then harness that decay into her entropic blast powers (Absorption). Darla can also expend her entropic energy, decaying the space-time continuum immediately around her. That allows her to defy the some of the laws of physics (Flight), and with the expenditure of enough energy, Darla can actually decay a hole in space-time large enough for her to step through (Teleport). The more energy she expends, the further she can travel.

-Absorption 4 [boosts Entropic Energy Array, Extra: Both Types, Power Feat: Alternate Powers 1] – 21 PPs

-Flight 1 – 2 PPs

Entropic Blast:

The substance of Terminus is complete entropy, the decay of all things: body, soul, and spirit. Darla can harness that power of decay for a variety of destructive effects:

Alternate Power – Entropic Decay (entropic, mental), Drain 6 [Any one ability score, Extra: Range (Ranged), Alternate Save (Will), Power Feats: Accurate 2, Affects Insubstantial 1]

Alternate Power – Physical Entropic Blast (entropic), Blast 6 [Power Feats: Accurate 2, Affects Insubstantial 2, Incurable]

Alternate Power – Entropic Explosion (entropic) Corrosion 6 [Extras] and Immunity 1 [Deadboy’s Powers].

Drawbacks:

Cost: Ability 4 + Saves 13 + Combat 8 + Skills 5 (20 Ranks) + Feats 12 + Powers 53 – Drawbacks 5 = 90 PPs

Cost – 4 PPs

Cost – 13 PPs

Cost – 8 PPs

Cost – 5 PPs

Cost – 12 PPs

Powers:

Entropic Body

-Flight 1 – 2 PPs

Entropic Blast:

Drawbacks: