Calling all kids! Superhero Team Needs You!

Barnum

One of the things I am working on for after Christmas is starting a kid superhero team. Something just a tad more strange than 4 color, but still a good fit for Freedom City. I'm thinking something along the lines of the first issue of The Umbrella Academy. Maybe Power Pack with a little bit of Hellboy thrown in (if that makes sense). Anyway, I was thinking kids, ages 8-12, probably not more than 4 or 5, PL 6, with all the kids closely connected to one another.

I have a character concept already that I will be posting soon, to get things working.

Like I said, I probably won't have enough free time until Jan to get this rolling, but when you consider that we will collectively lose a week with Thanksgiving and a week with Christmas (from player absences), that's only about 4 weeks of gaming time from now.

Interested?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the things I am working on for after Christmas is starting a kid superhero team. Something just a tad more strange than 4 color, but still a good fit for Freedom City. I'm thinking something along the lines of the first issue of The Umbrella Academy. Maybe Power Pack with a little bit of Hellboy thrown in (if that makes sense). Anyway, I was thinking kids, ages 8-12, probably not more than 4 or 5, PL 6, with all the kids closely connected to one another.

I have a character concept already that I will be posting soon, to get things working.

Like I said, I probably won't have enough free time until Jan to get this rolling, but when you consider that we will collectively lose a week with Thanksgiving and a week with Christmas (from player absences), that's only about 4 weeks of gaming time from now.

Interested?

Interested?

Any particular preference with descriptors? For example, I have a PL 6 character who could easily be 12, but she's a human mouse...

That depends on what kind of team everyone wants to create. If we go in the "weird tales" direction, that might be a perfect fit. What kind of team would you like to see created?

Would the kid character be besides one of the normal ones or would it have to be one of them?

One of them.

How do you plan to write her up? The IM would never pass muster here.

The Infernal Machine would have to be an NPC (sidekick maybe). It's basically a construct with three fairly unrestricted variable containers. More like a plot device. We'll see who else is interested and what kind of team they're interested in before I start worrying about that.

Any particular preference with descriptors? For example, I have a PL 6 character who could easily be 12, but she's a human mouse...

That depends on what kind of team everyone wants to create. If we go in the "weird tales" direction, that might be a perfect fit. What kind of team would you like to see created?

Would the kid character be besides one of the normal ones or would it have to be one of them?

One of them.

The Infernal Machine would have to be an NPC (sidekick maybe). It's basically a construct with three fairly unrestricted variable containers. More like a plot device. We'll see who else is interested and what kind of team they're interested in before I start worrying about that.

One of them.

Personally, I liked your idea of Hellboy meets The Power Pack. Seems like a cool concept. I guess kids might be better at investigating paranormal stuff because they don't have such hard and fast rules on the 'correct' way for things to happen. Just a thought. Up to the GM in the end. :cos passes buck: