Calling all kids! Superhero Team Needs You!

Barnum

That depends on what kind of team everyone wants to create. If we go in the "weird tales" direction, that might be a perfect fit. What kind of team would you like to see created?

Personally, I liked your idea of Hellboy meets The Power Pack. Seems like a cool concept. I guess kids might be better at investigating paranormal stuff because they don't have such hard and fast rules on the 'correct' way for things to happen. Just a thought. Up to the GM in the end. :cos passes buck:

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That depends on what kind of team everyone wants to create. If we go in the "weird tales" direction, that might be a perfect fit. What kind of team would you like to see created?

Personally, I liked your idea of Hellboy meets The Power Pack. Seems like a cool concept. I guess kids might be better at investigating paranormal stuff because they don't have such hard and fast rules on the 'correct' way for things to happen. Just a thought. Up to the GM in the end. :cos passes buck:

I like that concept too. We ran something similar to that by chat for about 6 mo. It was loads of fun.

And the great thing about this game is that it isn't up to the GM in the end. We could play here for a year and never even bump into a GM. ;)

I like that concept too. We ran something similar to that by chat for about 6 mo. It was loads of fun.

And the great thing about this game is that it isn't up to the GM in the end. We could play here for a year and never even bump into a GM. ;)

are the character's powers only going to work behind the veil? or is it going to be more integrated with freedom city?

I'm open to either.

In the first iteration of this concept, the children lived in the normal, material version of earth, but they frequently journeyed (courtesy of the Infernal Machine) "behind the veil" to a darker, shadowy version of the world. It wasn't the anti-earth presented in the Freedom City source book. The differences were in some ways far more substantial and in some ways far more subtle. Their powers only worked "behind the veil."

"Please, sir. How to we get 'behind the veil'?" Darla was the only one brave enough to speak, though she spoke for all.

The old man smiled a wicked, disquieting smile. "It's easy, child. Just step into the Coil. The Infernal Machine will get you there quick as can be."

Darla looked puzzled. "The Coil? Is that what the prophet meant by 'behind the veil'?"

"Oh, no child," the old man said with a laughed. "The Coil is like a hallway. 'Behind the veil,' the universe you're looking for, is just one of the rooms off that hallway."

"How will we know which one we're looking for? How will we know which room?"

"It's the first universe on the right. The small, shabby looking one. You can't miss it."

are the character's powers only going to work behind the veil? or is it going to be more integrated with freedom city?

I'm open to either.

In the first iteration of this concept, the children lived in the normal, material version of earth, but they frequently journeyed (courtesy of the Infernal Machine) "behind the veil" to a darker, shadowy version of the world. It wasn't the anti-earth presented in the Freedom City source book. The differences were in some ways far more substantial and in some ways far more subtle. Their powers only worked "behind the veil."

"Please, sir. How to we get 'behind the veil'?" Darla was the only one brave enough to speak, though she spoke for all.

The old man smiled a wicked, disquieting smile. "It's easy, child. Just step into the Coil. The Infernal Machine will get you there quick as can be."

Darla looked puzzled. "The Coil? Is that what the prophet meant by 'behind the veil'?"

"Oh, no child," the old man said with a laughed. "The Coil is like a hallway. 'Behind the veil,' the universe you're looking for, is just one of the rooms off that hallway."

"It's the first universe on the right. The small, shabby looking one. You can't miss it."

I'm open to either.

Sounds good - but does this mean that you're actually going to play a statted character? Because I think Freedom City would declare a public holiday for that :P

In any case, all of what you're saying looks good. I do like steampunk, but I think I'm going to have to agree with Lilac - perhaps Freedom City itself has enough paranormal type stuff which the regular heroes don't go after because it's too strange or flies under their radar? I'm not adverse to a seperate universe (and I love the description of it being the 'small, shabby looking one' :D ), but I'm not sure these boards are suited to that yet.

Sounds good - but does this mean that you're actually going to play a statted character? Because I think Freedom City would declare a public holiday for that :P

In any case, all of what you're saying looks good. I do like steampunk, but I think I'm going to have to agree with Lilac - perhaps Freedom City itself has enough paranormal type stuff which the regular heroes don't go after because it's too strange or flies under their radar? I'm not adverse to a seperate universe (and I love the description of it being the 'small, shabby looking one' :D ), but I'm not sure these boards are suited to that yet.

That's the real trick . . . finding a way to make this ultimately a Freedom City story, but design the back story so that it feels a little different. A little more "off," a little more "strange." I've got some ideas that I'll post later this evening.

That's the real trick . . . finding a way to make this ultimately a Freedom City story, but design the back story so that it feels a little different. A little more "off," a little more "strange." I've got some ideas that I'll post later this evening.