[Turf Wars] A Cry for Help (OOC)

MBCE

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roll to resist any shots he may be hit with as Hellbound charges the building:

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2001071/

I've got to ask. Resist how? Is this supposed to be a toughness save?

Roll to smash his way through the building:

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2001072/

A natural one on any attack roll is a miss, you know. :D I can see the papers now, "Extra, extra. Read all about it. Hero attacks wall and misses!" Seriously, I think you can hit the wall, but I think I may need to put up a map to sort out where everyone is. My vision of the building and what everyone else is thinking seems off. :)

EDIT: Oh, you were heading for a window. Well that changes things. With a natural one, maybe you hit the wall--a miss timed jump perhaps. Regardless, you won't be taking damage from it, just delayed from joining in the fight. How do you want to handle it?

Roll to ignore any damage this entrance may deal to him:

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2001073/

You do realize that you have Imprevious toughness 10, right? I doubt the wall can hurt you. :D But thank you for the roll. It shows you're on your game!

Heheh... wasn't sure how a '1' would effect crashing into a wall. Granted it's a big target and all, but he can always trip on a tree-root or get stuck part way through.

And, yah, the first roll was a toughness check in case he catches an attack as he's charging the gunmen. I figured one to get the ball rolling and I can put up more if he's hit by more than one attack.

Plus if he's hit with some other form of attack that doesn't go against toughness I can rethrow, but I figured this was a safe assumption to make.

And, yah again, I didn't want to assume that the wall couldn't hurt him. That didn't seem to be my call to make. After all, you never know where the bad guys have laid booby traps ;)

EDIT to your EDIT: What you have in place is fine by me. Hellbound shot for the window or other access point, but owing to bad luck missed. Putting him into the wall works -- though how much damage can a typical house exterior take before it's breached?

I'm just watching and waiting ;)

That's right. :oops: Dark Star has asked to jump in. You'll have to hang on another second. However, you can roll your initiative and place it here. After this round I'll intro you and then you can enter on your initiative.

Alrightythen.

On Round 2, The Scarab will take a Standard Action to telekinetically move the sci-fi gun away from the skinhead and into her hand.

Then she'll suffer a level of Fatigue in order to Surge, gaining another Standard Action for the round (along with her remaining Move Action).

Then she'll take a Free Action to reconfigure her Array, and a Full Action to initiate Mind Control on one of the skinheads carrying a submachinegun.

Mind Control check (opposed by Will Save): 16.

If she wins, she'll use Mental Link and Instant Command to give him orders as a Free Action. Those orders will be to take down his other friend-with-a-gun, Terminator 2 style. I'm assuming, given the setting and the tone, that action-movie style "shoot him in the leg so you won't kill him" fallacies are in effect here.

Mind Control check (opposed by Will Save): 16.

If she wins, she'll use Mental Link and Instant Command to give him orders as a Free Action. Those orders will be to take down his other friend-with-a-gun, Terminator 2 style. I'm assuming, given the setting and the tone, that action-movie style "shoot him in the leg so you won't kill him" fallacies are in effect here.

As a minion go ahead and roll it out. I have no problems with players doing the work with the minions. His saves are listed.

If you want him to shoot his body so as not to kill him, you'll have to tell him that. You'll be in control, not him and if you don't tell him to keep the guy alive, he'll shoot to kill.

If you want him to shoot his body so as not to kill him, you'll have to tell him that. You'll be in control, not him and if you don't tell him to keep the guy alive, he'll shoot to kill.

I thought I made that clear in the IC dialogue.

Ah, sorry, didn't realize you guys were waiting on me. Luckily. I was just having Ignis observe for now, picking up on how Earth does it before jumping in. Plus, nobody responded to the mental broadcast he did, so I'm waiting to see if anyone responds to that, too.

Ah, sorry, didn't realize you guys were waiting on me. Luckily. I was just having Ignis observe for now, picking up on how Earth does it before jumping in. Plus, nobody responded to the mental broadcast he did, so I'm waiting to see if anyone responds to that, too.

Not sure what kind of response you plan on getting. unless they have the means to communicate mentally, I don'T think anyone in the building is going to respond. And in your post, you excluded the five thugs but included the heroes present. Scarab could of course respond but I'm not sure if Arrowhawk can.

Possibly, depending your range, you might have sent the message to Hellbound. I haven't checked the books yet to be sure though.

One thug(submachine) down. One(bat) out the window. One(weaponless) running to the stairs. One (pipe) attacked Arrowhawk. One (submachine) under Scarab's control.

COMBAT STATS

INITATIVE

Hellbound 31

Scarab 21 Fatigued

Thugs 20

Arrowhawk 18

Skinheads 17

Dark Star 17

Ignis 2

Name -- Attk --- Def--- Toughness--- Saves(F.R.W)---Damage

Hellbound +10---+8(+10raged)---10(Imp 10)---9,7,3(11,7,5 raged)--- DC 17 [strike 2]

Scarab +4(+10Tk)--+10--+12 FF(+2w/o)---5,5,15--- DC 27 TK

Arrowhawk +14bow(+9 normal)---+12---+8---6,8,5---DC 21 (standard arrow)

Ignis +6---+3---+5---4,4,4 (4,4,10 mental)---DC 28 Hellfire control

Dark Star +2(+6R)---+8---+12(Imp 8)---4,3,11---DC 27 [blast 12 dynamic]

Thugs(minions)---Atk +2 Def +2 Tough +3 Saves (4,1,0) notice +4 Damage Bat and Pipe DC 19, Sub machine gun Dc 19 (autofire), Sci-fi weap DC 21 (blast 6 effect)