Interest Check: The Patriot Brigade

Hi all.

Would there be any interest (down the road) in a group of interlinked characters who are all members of a government-backed superteam operating out of Freedom City? You get lots of free publicity, free money, and free equipment if you don't mind obeying the orders of Uncle Sam. Inspirations come from _The Order_, _Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters_, and the like.

Not a hero in most peoples' sense of the word, but if Malice was given the opportunity to work with the government, on nearly any official level, and most unofficial levels, he would be all over that like stink on a monkey. He's already got the red white and blue armor.

But alas, he is a villain, so probably wouldn't come to pass, unless it was like one of those anti-super programs.

Oh god yeah. I had this monloge of Norman/ Green Goblin a while ago but lost the link. He was going on a rant because someone was inflitrating his base and all the guards were useless, so he decides to put on the GG suit again uttering something to the tune of "Glad I never washed this suit, it smells like death, blondes and victory."

What is the Mercury Age if you don't mind me asking, I've never heard of it.

I've seen two definitions for Mercury Age.

1) Looks like Silver, but is really quite toxic, moreso than an overdose of Iron.

2) The age where character are altered to fit whatever story the writers want to tell, or the entire superhero concept is forced to fit into whatever shape the media outlets have chosen as "the next big thing" this week, int he same way that mercury -- a liquid at room temp -- conform to the shape of any container in which it is placed. (There's also an interesting historical precedent: the first Chinese Emperor, Qin Shi Huang, had mercury infused into his meals in order to grant himself immortality... and ended up simply degenerating into dementia and eventual death because of it. A nice metaphor, perhaps, for how the comics industry and Hollywood have ended up poisoning each other with their own quest for that magic formula for eternal guaranteed revenue.)