Mental ESP

Kavos

Just a few question, despite the fact that I said I wasn't going to do anything until after I've finished movie, I had an Idea for a character that I've been mulling over. But I need some help on some of the powers.

1: How would you build a Mental ESP power that is not sensory depended. What i was thinking was He can sense things out to X distance, but he cant see/hear/touch ext them, but he can sense them. so for examples he can sense that in 2 feet of him theres a pot hole. or in the room next to him there are two people sitting down ext ext. He cant make out any definition, IE, Man, woman, what they look like ext ext, only that their there, and the room and objects in there.

As an added affect though, the sense range is diminished by objects. So in an open field he may be able to sense things 5 miles away, but in the center of the city (depending on the building composition of the buildings) he may only be able to see a block away, (and if its an old city center with the big think stone buildings he may only be able to sense a few meters.

Also I wanted him to be able to sense inside another being, so for example he could focus on someone and sense there hard and there lungs and sense the blood pumping around the body ext ext.

Hopefully you understood all that, Thats probably the main question atm, but I'll probably think of more.

Thanks for any help.

For the "no-sense ESP," sounds like ESP using the mental sense. Though I don't believe that'd let you sense objects.

Thats what I thought. Perhaps adding in Blindsense + X Ray to the Esp? with the flaw or drawback based on only able to see through say 2 feet of solid material, 5 feed for non-solid or something?

Thats what I thought. Perhaps adding in Blindsense + X Ray to the Esp? with the flaw or drawback based on only able to see through say 2 feet of solid material, 5 feed for non-solid or something?

Not sure X-Ray/Penetrates Concealment would work, since that lets your sense work through concealment from obstacles (opaque walls for vision, sound-proofing material for auditory). What, aside from a Mental Concealment effect/power (like Scarab's mental invisibility), blocks mental senses?

Not sure X-Ray/Penetrates Concealment would work, since that lets your sense work through concealment from obstacles (opaque walls for vision, sound-proofing material for auditory). What, aside from a Mental Concealment effect/power (like Scarab's mental invisibility), blocks mental senses?

Led? that seems to block almost every superpower :P but yeah, I'm not sure. It could be that this power isn't feasible game mechanics wise. (which is OK with me, I wasn't 100% sold on it anyway, I just thought it could be interesting.)

I don't think that exactly what you want can be done.

Elements, certainly. Mental ESP (which is more like Telelocation). Detect Life Signs. X-Ray Vision.

yeah, I had a feeling it would fall under the can't be done category. But than similar things can always be made, I mean ESP + Overlay extra is pretty close if i chose to go down that path.

Thanks for the help doc. :D