Tech Terrors!

Barnum

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even the keen eyes of the Emissary could make out anything strange on the adjacent building roof. It was large and rectangular and covered in satellite dishes of all kinds. In the center of the array of dishes was a large dish, about twice the size of the others. This was obviously the main dish that Daedalus spoke of.

While the heroes studied the night sky, looking for signs of trouble . . . they found it. Suddenly the dark rooftop was ablaze with 4 bright red glowing spheres. They were already bright and getting brighter. It was a glow that they had seen before. Something was being teleported to the adjacent rooftop. They only had seconds to prepare.

Not even the keen eyes of the Emissary could make out anything strange on the adjacent building roof. It was large and rectangular and covered in satellite dishes of all kinds. In the center of the array of dishes was a large dish, about twice the size of the others. This was obviously the main dish that Daedalus spoke of.

While the heroes studied the night sky, looking for signs of trouble . . . they found it. Suddenly the dark rooftop was ablaze with 4 bright red glowing spheres. They were already bright and getting brighter. It was a glow that they had seen before. Something was being teleported to the adjacent rooftop. They only had seconds to prepare.

He looks to Raindance as he takes aloft, speaking quickly.

"If you can localize a full force of the winds you had slowed the earlier machine with to that rooftop while they yet materlize and these are more of these mechanical creatures, it could give us an edge. Velocity could barrage them with projectiles from here, while Hybrid and I move in and draw fire and attention. I'm moving in anyway in case they're bombs or cannons that need to be hurled into the sky, or some such."

He looks to Hybrid.

"If you're willing, of course. I can use the initial motion of assault in to set up a feint that should wreak some very satisfying havoc when the opening for it comes."

His synthetic muscles already showing the tensing preceding a vault forwards through the air.

"If you can localize a full force of the winds you had slowed the earlier machine with to that rooftop while they yet materlize and these are more of these mechanical creatures, it could give us an edge. Velocity could barrage them with projectiles from here, while Hybrid and I move in and draw fire and attention. I'm moving in anyway in case they're bombs or cannons that need to be hurled into the sky, or some such."

He looks to Hybrid.

"If you're willing, of course. I can use the initial motion of assault in to set up a feint that should wreak some very satisfying havoc when the opening for it comes."

His synthetic muscles already showing the tensing preceding a vault forwards through the air.

He looks to Hybrid.

He looks to Hybrid.

"Lets do it!" Hybrid cries taking to the air and maximizing his molecular density.

He looks to Hybrid.

"Lets do it!" Hybrid cries taking to the air and maximizing his molecular density.

He looks to Hybrid.

Raindance nods once, curtly.

"Got it!"

His left arm reaches out as if he's presenting an invisble apple; his right is tucked in close to his waist. The overall effect is that of a Roman orator, addressing the assembled crowd. The weather seemed to respond to his command immediately, and the tempestuous winds began to buffet the adjacent rooftop.

"Got it!"

His left arm reaches out as if he's presenting an invisble apple; his right is tucked in close to his waist. The overall effect is that of a Roman orator, addressing the assembled crowd. The weather seemed to respond to his command immediately, and the tempestuous winds began to buffet the adjacent rooftop.

"Got it!"

“This is actually a bit too far for me to be very accurate.†Velocity replied. “Better I get over there as well.†She added, as she prepared to run back down the side of the building and up to the roof of Astro Labs, which should only take her a few seconds.

“This is actually a bit too far for me to be very accurate.†Velocity replied. “Better I get over there as well.†She added, as she prepared to run back down the side of the building and up to the roof of Astro Labs, which should only take her a few seconds.

The shapes continued to solidify beneath the red glow, and the heroes could see them more clearly every second, even through the tempest Raindance was creating. Velocity got the closest look at the creatures from her position near them on the rooftop. They were large with wings, perhaps the size of a car. Velocity could still see clear through them. The obviously weren't completely here yet, but they looked like giant bats.

The shapes continued to solidify beneath the red glow, and the heroes could see them more clearly every second, even through the tempest Raindance was creating. Velocity got the closest look at the creatures from her position near them on the rooftop. They were large with wings, perhaps the size of a car. Velocity could still see clear through them. The obviously weren't completely here yet, but they looked like giant bats.

Velocity held one hand up as the winds buffeted the top of the roof, causing it to be harder to move, of course, that did not mean that much to her. "Eww, gross." She muttered as she saw the things that were forming on the rooftop, though they were likely robots like the mummy had been. All she could do now was wait for them to form and the others to arrive.

Velocity held one hand up as the winds buffeted the top of the roof, causing it to be harder to move, of course, that did not mean that much to her. "Eww, gross." She muttered as she saw the things that were forming on the rooftop, though they were likely robots like the mummy had been. All she could do now was wait for them to form and the others to arrive.