Tech Terrors!

Barnum

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raindance shrugs at Daedelus' proclamation, going so far as to put his hands in his pockets as he looks at the others.

"Looks like we've got some time to kill. So... how did you guys get into the business?"

He finds a particularly reinforced chair to sit back in.

"It is among the various reasons I was created and sent forth. I suppose thusly it could not be said that these are activities I came to, but was rather born for."

Raindance shrugs at Daedelus' proclamation, going so far as to put his hands in his pockets as he looks at the others.

"Looks like we've got some time to kill. So... how did you guys get into the business?"

"It is among the various reasons I was created and sent forth. I suppose thusly it could not be said that these are activities I came to, but was rather born for."

"Do you guys have a rec room?" he asked offhandedly.

"Eagle will show you the way," Daedalus said without looking up from his workbench.

Freedom Eagle just laughed. Typical Daedalus. "Follow me," he said as he led the others back to the living and training areas in Freedom Hall.

"Eagle will show you the way," Daedalus said without looking up from his workbench.

Freedom Eagle just laughed. Typical Daedalus. "Follow me," he said as he led the others back to the living and training areas in Freedom Hall.

"Oh.. I am Utopia Isle's Emissary to the greater world of humanity, sent to gauge if greater conduct can be possible, and to embody the Isle's ideals while I do so."

He pauses and sighs softly.

"I think I make such things sound too lofty, and I do not mean for it to be so. In practice, I am essentially a diplomat and sometime crimefighter."

"Oh.. I am Utopia Isle's Emissary to the greater world of humanity, sent to gauge if greater conduct can be possible, and to embody the Isle's ideals while I do so."

"I think I make such things sound too lofty, and I do not mean for it to be so. In practice, I am essentially a diplomat and sometime crimefighter."

“Welcome back,†Daedalus said, as all the heroes gathered back at the lab. The master inventor was standing in front of his workbench. All kinds of high-tech devices were scattered about the room, some still operating. He held a tray in his hand containing lots of tiny electronic components, presumably from the part retrieved from the giant mummy.

“I haven’t gotten to the bottom of this mystery completely, but I am one step closer. I need your help, because apparently this mummy wasn’t a unique phenomenon. Halloween monster cropped up all over the city. The League has this mostly under control now, but we are spread thin. The task of taking the next step belongs to you.â€Â

“This . . .†Daedalus picked up one of the small components. “ . . . is a kind of optical filament. I believe that it is used for processing the data required for matter-energy conversion. In short, it is a part of a teleportation system of some sort, and here’s the really probative part. On the circuitry you brought me, this filament was connected to this . . .†He picked up another, larger chunk of technology. “This is, without a doubt, a key component in a larger satellite uplink device. These machines were teleported to and from the various parts of Freedom City by using a satellite. I’ve been scanning the sky and have narrowed it down to two geosynchronous satellites.†Daedalus pointed to the large screen behind him. It displayed the location of those two satellites in orbit over North America. “According to the NASA database, both of those satellites only receive uplink signals from a single locations within Freedom City. The first is a military communications satellite, getting its data from Lonely Point. The second is a privately owned satellite used by Astro Labs. The uplink dish is on top of their complex. Someone at one of those locations used one of those satellites to beam these machines into Freedom City. I leave it to you to decide how to investigate both of those. I've got more work to do here. Keep the comm badges so we can keep in touch."

“Welcome back,†Daedalus said, as all the heroes gathered back at the lab. The master inventor was standing in front of his workbench. All kinds of high-tech devices were scattered about the room, some still operating. He held a tray in his hand containing lots of tiny electronic components, presumably from the part retrieved from the giant mummy.

“I haven’t gotten to the bottom of this mystery completely, but I am one step closer. I need your help, because apparently this mummy wasn’t a unique phenomenon. Halloween monster cropped up all over the city. The League has this mostly under control now, but we are spread thin. The task of taking the next step belongs to you.â€Â

“This . . .†Daedalus picked up one of the small components. “ . . . is a kind of optical filament. I believe that it is used for processing the data required for matter-energy conversion. In short, it is a part of a teleportation system of some sort, and here’s the really probative part. On the circuitry you brought me, this filament was connected to this . . .†He picked up another, larger chunk of technology. “This is, without a doubt, a key component in a larger satellite uplink device. These machines were teleported to and from the various parts of Freedom City by using a satellite. I’ve been scanning the sky and have narrowed it down to two geosynchronous satellites.†Daedalus pointed to the large screen behind him. It displayed the location of those two satellites in orbit over North America. “According to the NASA database, both of those satellites only receive uplink signals from a single locations within Freedom City. The first is a military communications satellite, getting its data from Lonely Point. The second is a privately owned satellite used by Astro Labs. The uplink dish is on top of their complex. Someone at one of those locations used one of those satellites to beam these machines into Freedom City. I leave it to you to decide how to investigate both of those. I've got more work to do here. Keep the comm badges so we can keep in touch."