Tech Terrors!

Barnum

“Umm, not sure, depends on when the police are done. I’ll give you a call when I know something okay?†Megan replied. “Don’t feel bad, just one of the things that happens in this town. And believe me, when you see my costume it will be worth the wait.†She added in a coy tone.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“Umm, not sure, depends on when the police are done. I’ll give you a call when I know something okay?†Megan replied. “Don’t feel bad, just one of the things that happens in this town. And believe me, when you see my costume it will be worth the wait.†She added in a coy tone.

“Hopefully things will be done soon. I’ll see you later. Bye.†Megan said, finishing things up. After closing her phone, she looked at it a moment, thinking again about how this whole hero thing could be a bit rough on the social life. Sighing slightly, she turned off her phone and put it away.

A second later she had zipped back over near where the others were gathered. “Soooooo, we going in or just going to stand out here looking like tourists?â€Â

“Hopefully things will be done soon. I’ll see you later. Bye.†Megan said, finishing things up. After closing her phone, she looked at it a moment, thinking again about how this whole hero thing could be a bit rough on the social life. Sighing slightly, she turned off her phone and put it away.

A second later she had zipped back over near where the others were gathered. “Soooooo, we going in or just going to stand out here looking like tourists?â€Â

All of the heroes looked up when they heard the supersonic CRACK overhead. They saw a distant flash and then heard the roar of thrusters growing steadily louder. In less than a minute they watched the legendary Daedalus descending from the sky. He landed with a thunk on the sidewalk and walked up to the waiting heroes.

"Eagle," he said with a nod. His voice was artificially deep and electronically distorted by his battlesuit. "Hello," he said to the others. "I understand you've got some tech you need me to check out. Come on inside."

Daedalus led the way inside Freedom Hall, down a series of hallways and elevators to one of his workshops. After hearing the complete story of the battle with the mummy from Freedom Eagle and the other heroes, he said, "These tests are going to take some time. I'll radio Eagle when I have some results."

All of the heroes looked up when they heard the supersonic CRACK overhead. They saw a distant flash and then heard the roar of thrusters growing steadily louder. In less than a minute they watched the legendary Daedalus descending from the sky. He landed with a thunk on the sidewalk and walked up to the waiting heroes.

"Eagle," he said with a nod. His voice was artificially deep and electronically distorted by his battlesuit. "Hello," he said to the others. "I understand you've got some tech you need me to check out. Come on inside."

Daedalus led the way inside Freedom Hall, down a series of hallways and elevators to one of his workshops. After hearing the complete story of the battle with the mummy from Freedom Eagle and the other heroes, he said, "These tests are going to take some time. I'll radio Eagle when I have some results."

“Some time? Like how much time?†Velocity asked Deadalus. “Cause like for me ten seconds is ‘some time.â€Â

Daedalus laughed. "Well, Miss, unfortunately, I'm not that quick. This could easily take a few hours. That plus I'm starting to get reports in from other Leaguers. Looks like your mummy wasn't the only Halloween spook out for a roam tonight." Daedalus paused for a moment, then he strode across his workshop, and pulled out a small black case from beneath one of the many shelves. "Here," he said, offering the contents to anyone who wanted one. "Take one of these 'QuickComms'. When I know something, I'll buzz you." With that, the mighty Daedalus went back to work, trying to decipher the mystery of the diabolical mummy.

“Some time? Like how much time?†Velocity asked Deadalus. “Cause like for me ten seconds is ‘some time.â€Â

Daedalus laughed. "Well, Miss, unfortunately, I'm not that quick. This could easily take a few hours. That plus I'm starting to get reports in from other Leaguers. Looks like your mummy wasn't the only Halloween spook out for a roam tonight." Daedalus paused for a moment, then he strode across his workshop, and pulled out a small black case from beneath one of the many shelves. "Here," he said, offering the contents to anyone who wanted one. "Take one of these 'QuickComms'. When I know something, I'll buzz you." With that, the mighty Daedalus went back to work, trying to decipher the mystery of the diabolical mummy.

Velocity took one of the offered comm devices. “Thanks, I have a few things I need to go take care of.†She looked over at the others and gave a smile. “Sorry I need to cut out for a little bit, but I’ll be right back as soon as the analysis is done.â€Â

With that, she is off, heading towards home so she can get ready and call Cory so she could at least spend a bit of time with him at the Halloween party.

Velocity took one of the offered comm devices. “Thanks, I have a few things I need to go take care of.†She looked over at the others and gave a smile. “Sorry I need to cut out for a little bit, but I’ll be right back as soon as the analysis is done.â€Â

With that, she is off, heading towards home so she can get ready and call Cory so she could at least spend a bit of time with him at the Halloween party.