Tech Terrors!

Barnum

“No problem big guy, I think we can handle things.†Velocity said with a smile as he asked for their assistance in trying to locate the signal.

When Raindancer spoke up she looked over and said, “Well, Astro Labs is pretty close, I could be over there and make a run by to see if I saw anything suspicious in a few seconds. Then let the rest of you know.â€Â

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“No problem big guy, I think we can handle things.†Velocity said with a smile as he asked for their assistance in trying to locate the signal.

When Raindancer spoke up she looked over and said, “Well, Astro Labs is pretty close, I could be over there and make a run by to see if I saw anything suspicious in a few seconds. Then let the rest of you know.â€Â

"I don't think splitting up is wise. Whoever is responsible for this may have more creatures like the mummy at their disposal to summon, it would not do for any of us to stand against such a thing in lesser strength."

"Instead perhaps, if Astro Labs is the closest, while Velocity scouts ahead, we follow after to catch up and if it turns out to be necessary, reinforce?"

He pauses.

"Will invoking working on behalf of the Freedom League gain us access to these buildings regardless?"

"I don't think splitting up is wise. Whoever is responsible for this may have more creatures like the mummy at their disposal to summon, it would not do for any of us to stand against such a thing in lesser strength."

"Instead perhaps, if Astro Labs is the closest, while Velocity scouts ahead, we follow after to catch up and if it turns out to be necessary, reinforce?"

He pauses.

"Will invoking working on behalf of the Freedom League gain us access to these buildings regardless?"

He pauses.

Daedalus' body language indicated that he was a bit perturbed that the heroes were still in his lab, but he was trying to be patient.

"At Astro Labs, most certainily. At the military base, probably not," Daedalus said. "But it also runs the risk of tipping off whoever might be behind all this. I suggest you start with the dish on the top of their main building and work you way down without attracting attention to yourselves. Of course, if someone is hijacking their signal, informing Astro Labs right away would also be a judicious approach. It's a gamble either way."

Daedalus' body language indicated that he was a bit perturbed that the heroes were still in his lab, but he was trying to be patient.

"At Astro Labs, most certainily. At the military base, probably not," Daedalus said. "But it also runs the risk of tipping off whoever might be behind all this. I suggest you start with the dish on the top of their main building and work you way down without attracting attention to yourselves. Of course, if someone is hijacking their signal, informing Astro Labs right away would also be a judicious approach. It's a gamble either way."

The heroes took off, heading for the Astro Labs complex; Raindance, The Emissary, and Hybrid by air and Velocity on the ground. The sky was completely dark, save for lights of the city below and the nearly full moon that rose high in the sky. After only a few minutes of travel, even allowing for the slowest of heroes, they neared their destination and began their approach to the Astro Labs complex. With the building some ways off, the familiar voice of Daedalus came over the comm . . .

"Heroes, be careful. My scans of the satellites tell me that a matter energy stream is headed your way. It's coming down to the Astro Labs main dish right now."

The heroes took off, heading for the Astro Labs complex; Raindance, The Emissary, and Hybrid by air and Velocity on the ground. The sky was completely dark, save for lights of the city below and the nearly full moon that rose high in the sky. After only a few minutes of travel, even allowing for the slowest of heroes, they neared their destination and began their approach to the Astro Labs complex. With the building some ways off, the familiar voice of Daedalus came over the comm . . .

"Heroes, be careful. My scans of the satellites tell me that a matter energy stream is headed your way. It's coming down to the Astro Labs main dish right now."

“That’s just great.†Velocity muttered as she heard Daedalus’ message. Speeding up slightly , she continues towards Astro Labs. She runs up the side of a building nearby, stopping on the roof to wait for the others and see if she could see anything that might be going on up there.

“That’s just great.†Velocity muttered as she heard Daedalus’ message. Speeding up slightly , she continues towards Astro Labs. She runs up the side of a building nearby, stopping on the roof to wait for the others and see if she could see anything that might be going on up there.