SCC & Star Island - OOC

Cyroa

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last round:

At the time this thread was started, Doc was still PL 11 (he crossed to PL 12 a few days after this began).

[*:3alfny9a]While Cloaked, his Toughness is +11 (Imp 4). His knockback is -7.
    [*:3alfny9a]With his Full-Power Force Field, his Tougnhess would be +14 (Imp 11). His knockback would be -12.
    [*:3alfny9a]His Perform (Oratory) is 7 points lower. His sense Motive is 4 points lower. His Bluff, Craft (chemical), Diplomacy, Disable Device, and Knowledge (behavioral sciences) are all 3 points lower. His Craft (electrical), Craft (mechanical), Knowledge (physical sciences), and Knowledge (technology) are all 1 point lower.
    [*:3alfny9a]He does not have the Fascinate (Perform [Oratory]) feat.
    [*:3alfny9a]He doesn't have Enhanced Wis, but it's a free action for him to switch between Enhanced Int or Enhanced Cha.

Move Acton to bring Bomb #1 down to rest next to Bomb #2.

Free action to switch from Flight to Teleport (so now has Teleport 5 [500 ft./5 miles; PFs: Change Direction, Change Velocity])

Standard Action to reconfigure Electromagnetic Screwdriver

Free action to switch from Cloaked Field to Full Power Force Field.

This round:

Full action to teleport self + both bombs 20 miles out so we're over the ocean.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest IC post edited due to miscommunications.

Doc is now attempting to disarm the device(s). At this time his Disable Device is 3 points lower than his current sheet indicates, so it would be (+13, +18 w/ Enhanced Int, +19 w/ E.S.; +24 w/ Enhanced Int & E.S.)

Standard Action to reconfigure E.S. to

Enhanced Skills 18 (+6 to Craft/Electrical, Craft/Mechanical, and Disable Device)

And takes his Move Action to begin working to disarm it. If it requires a full round action, I'll use Extra Effort to Surge this round to gain another Standard Action.

And his roll is... 42! Which is kinda appropriate... ;)

As the Doctor probed the device and began shutting the machine down, a few things became obvious. One, the other device was linked and would need to be shut down simultaniously, at least according to the design.

Can Doc do that? With a penalty on his check? Or is this a "must have an assistant" deal?

It can't really act independently of him. Well, it could, I guess, if I had it do a Summon power... but it probably couldn't be smart/skilled enough.

Surging to gain an extra standard action is the closest I can think of to "doing two things at once." That, or calling Quark over. ;)

At the time this thread was started, Doc was still PL 11 (he crossed to PL 12 a few days after this began).

[*:1ruhrph5]While Cloaked, his Toughness is +11 (Imp 4). His knockback is -7.
    [*:1ruhrph5]With his Full-Power Force Field, his Tougnhess would be +14 (Imp 11). His knockback would be -12.
    [*:1ruhrph5]His Perform (Oratory) is 7 points lower. His sense Motive is 4 points lower. His Bluff, Craft (chemical), Diplomacy, Disable Device, and Knowledge (behavioral sciences) are all 3 points lower. His Craft (electrical), Craft (mechanical), Knowledge (physical sciences), and Knowledge (technology) are all 1 point lower.
    [*:1ruhrph5]He does not have the Fascinate (Perform [Oratory]) feat.
    [*:1ruhrph5]He doesn't have Enhanced Wis, but it's a free action for him to switch between Enhanced Int or Enhanced Cha.

Free action to switch from Enhanced Intelligence to Enhanced Charisma (Cha is now 20/+5).

And +2 from Quark's assistance.

And +2 from "doing something intimidating" (okayed by Croa in chat)

And using Beginner's Luck (and a Hero Point) to gain 5 ranks in Intimidate.

Intimidate check = 1d20+14 = 24!

(note: link to die roll shows a +7 modifier, as I made it before realizing all the stops I had to pull out. The die roll itself was a 10.)