The Break-In (OOC)

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's an Area Nullify, we should get a Reflex save for half effect unless it's also Perception-Range. Academic for me, since I fail miserably.

Also note that you get to use the better of your power rank or Will Save to resist Nullification (or any power countering). I'll definitely be choosing Will Save. I fail.

All of The Scarab's active powers just shut off. Both she and her favored automotive projectile fall down to the ground, and she has +0 Toughness until her next action (when she can presumably reactivate her Force Field).

:shock: This just got real.

Posted my actions for the next combat round. The Scarab tries to use TK to rip the Staff of The Necro-Kings away from Sister Sixtus. If either the attack roll or disarm check fails, I'll pop a hero point for a re-roll. I'll only pop one hero point total, though.

So if his Fortitude Immunity gets shut off, he'll drop dead because he has no CON. But since Permanent powers turn back on as soon as possible, his Regeneration will reactivate on the following round. And since he's got Resurrection (Source: Blood), we can just feed him some vitæ and he'll come back to unlife...right? :shock:

So if his Fortitude Immunity gets shut off, he'll drop dead because he has no CON. But since Permanent powers turn back on as soon as possible, his Regeneration will reactivate on the following round. And since he's got Resurrection (Source: Blood), we can just feed him some vitæ and he'll come back to unlife... right? :shock:

Fortunately, his Immunity to Fort effects can't get shut off (not due to the current Nullify pulse), since that'd be a +30 roll vs. a Nullify DC of 27.

And while your assessment is mostly right (I think he'd have to lose his Immunity & his Regen before he drops dead), there's the tiny obstacle that none of us know that he is a blood-gulping monster. Unless Scarab tries to pull off some ancient Egyptian life-restoring ritual that coincidentally has "pour blood into corpse's mouth" as a component. (Which, if my knowledge of ancient Egyptian magick is right, would make that a Very Blasphemous/Profane ritual.) :shock:

Is the Nullify effect big enough to reach out to where Belphegor is? I'm guessing not, but I want to make sure.

-Avenger and Belphegor are too far away to be hit by area effects from the melee inside the church, though that may change depending on whether or not Avenger goes to help his buddies (as a hero should!) or whether or not Bel does opt to go inside the melee.

-The Nullifying Field is Perception Range; also Distracting. Hitting her isn't the problem...

-Dark Star, Nullify does indeed affect you as well. Make a power check for all your non-innate powers currently active to find out whether or not they stay on, trying to beat her DC of 27. They all turn back on during the next round on your initiative anyway.

-I'll post next, since Avenger's up. Then Dark Star, then Dabbler, then Bel.

I think if we waited to post in initiative order, this would drag on way too long. Standard PBP practice seems to be to post in whatever order we can, and the GM determines the consequences in initiative order when s/he summarizes to make sense of it all.

AA specifically said that it was Nullifying Field, which is just Nullify with the Touch Range flaw and Area extra. Meaning that at Rank 12, it hit everyone within 60ft of the staff. She specifically meant to shut off your Gravity Control, Cyroa, which means your other powers got hit, too. So yes, every one of your non-Innate powers (even the Permanent ones) just got shut off until your next action. Permanent powers will come back up on their own, but you'll have to reactivate any Instant, Concentration, Sustained or Continuous effects.

AA, DocA, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Damn you're quick, AA.

Cyroa, you're ahead of me on Initiative, and I'm ahead of the bad guys. Avenger and Belphegor are in another part of the building right now, so we don't need to worry so much about them. Go ahead and post your actions for next round, and whatever they are, they happen before mine.

It shuts off permanent powers? I thought I read that they couldn't be turned off.

You can't shut off your own Permanent powers, but Nullify can shut Permanent things off (they switch back on as soon as they're able). The only thing Nullify can't affect are Innate things.

Also, you'll need to roll for each active power. So that's his Gravity Control 10, Insubstantial 3, Protection 6, Shield 6, and Super-Senses 7 (since they're all separate powers and not part of an Alternate Form thing). You can use the power's rank as the bonus to the die roll, or your Will save modifier of +10.

In other words, make four more Will saves.

(Same goes for Scarab, there should be separate opposed checks/saves for her Enhanced Feats, Enhanced Skills, Flight, Force Field, Super-Senses, and Vast Psionic Powers Array.)

... if his Insubstantial shuts off, he might look like his normal human self. Which could be bad if you're trying to maintain a Secret ID. :shock: