The Break-In (OOC)

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using Gather Info to try and locate whoever might be doing the type of rituals Jos thinks is being done. Specifically not taking the -20 to his his gathering in the hopes that they hear of his inquiry and come to him.

His basic offer: "I know someone who knows someone who's looking to hook up with some local mystical groups. Specifically, ones involved in conjurations and summonings. He's.. no from around here, and hopes to eventually go back home, in exchange for whatever work is available. The individual can meet any prospective 'employers' at [such and such location] tonight."

He would arrive to the meeting in demonic form, and make an offer of general service. "You seek to unleash a force of supernatural evil. Why would I not want to assist in that, mortal?"

Cyroa, I've had a hell of a time figuring out the answer to that. After combing through my collection of M&M2E books, I finally found a mention in the description of the telekinetic pre-generated PC from the Paragons adventure module A More Perfect Union. He has Flight and Telekinesis, and his sheet says that he "can carry his usual telekinetic capacity while flying." So unless AA rules otherwise, you can indeed use your Telekinesis to carry us while Flying.

Hope it was worth the wait. 8-)

With an effective Strength of 60 from Telekinesis 12, The Scarab could throw a truck up to 100ft in a single round. She's only moving this one as far and fast as is necessary to make a big hole where the front door used to be.

I'm assuming since it's a church that the building is made primarily out of stone, in which case (barring supernatural enhancements) it's Toughness 5. The front door and the wall around it needs to make a DC27 Toughness Save (the damage bonus is +12, her ranks in TK). It's going to suffer at least an Injury automatically, and if the GM chooses to have it take 10, it's going to be Disabled (and I'll make the hole I was aiming for).

Assume unless I state otherwise that The Scarab is maintaining Flight and Force Field as Free Actions during every round.

I'm guessing it's time to roll for initiative. I got 18.

Seeing as how all the PCs here have a Knowledge (Arcane) modifier under +5... it probably is impossible for us ;)

(Bel has no ranks, I'm guessing the DC's higher than 15, so I'm not even going to bother rolling.)

'Course, once we see it do... whatever it's gonna do, we'll probably realize it's a powerful widget. Question will be which PC wrestles it away first ;)

No attack roll's needed for Gravity Control, you just set the area -- and, if it's a Selective Attack, who is and isn't affected -- then they're either weighed down or flung upward. (Which also means it should be treated like a Perception-range attack, in that trade-offs shouldn't apply, and so you shouldn't have more ranks than your PL.)