The Break-In (OOC)

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of Shaen, I do have a bit of a concern. Scarab & Avenger are both doing the "Triple Murder in Riverside" adventure, which takes place about three and a half months before "Break-In." So far we've been running things here as if Scarab (and likely Avenger) & Jos Terhune have never met (and probably as if they've never met while Jos was demon-ed out, either). But it's entirely possible that they could have met during the triple murder investigation. If it happens that they do meet in that adventure, how will it impact what's going on here?

Actually, Scarab and Avenger have been acting like they know each other, at least a little. Avenger and I agreed on that at the beginning of the OOC thread.

If you're planning on having Jos turn up in TRIRR, that could create weird retcons. But that's almost entirely up to you.

And _that_ was a Bluff check to see if Belphegor can tell if the "good guys" are on to him.

"Tremble, mortals, for I bring you obliviousness!"

"Um... don't you mean 'oblivion'?"

"That's what I said, obliviousness!"

And I've just now realized that, since I didn't tack Subtle onto his Flight, it's noticeable. Probably smells like brimstone in there :twisted:

Question before anything starts (and just in case): can I use things like gravity control or telekinesis on another insub char? (such as the brimestone cloud in the vents ;) ). Not that I'm planning on as my next action but just would like to make sure I understand the options.

I believe you'd need Affects Insubstantial to do so. I'll check around the ATT.

*searches*

Kenson sez that Insub 3 (energy) wouldn't be affected by Move Object/TK, since Insub 3 is immune to physical effects. Insub 2 (gaseous/particulate) is also immune to physical effects, so it shouldn't be affected by Move Object/etc. either. Unless it had Affects Insubstantial.

Hmm, OTOH, there's also the fact that Insubstantial 2 is still affected by mental effects, which seems like a pretty safe descriptor of many TK effects. Either way, since we're still striving to give Shaen time, I'll post a ruling and move things further along tonight.

TK isn't a Mental effect. Mental effects a Perception-range things that are resisted by Will. TK can be Perception range, but it's never resisted by Will, only by Str or other TK.

Sorry to step in (hope you don't mind the intrusion), but what about two insubstantial characters who's powers share related Descriptors? For example, could two ghosts touch each other without having to resort to Affects Insubstantial? What about two speedsters who've shifted their vibrational harmonic-whatsis? Two mages who have cast the same spell to take themselves out of phase with reality?

I'm typically used to rulings where related methods of Insubstantiality can affect each other by default, but I'd like to know if that doesn't carry here.

Sorry to step in (hope you don't mind the intrusion), but what about two insubstantial characters who's powers share related Descriptors? For example, could two ghosts touch each other without having to resort to Affects Insubstantial? What about two speedsters who've shifted their vibrational harmonic-whatsis? Two mages who have cast the same spell to take themselves out of phase with reality?

I'm typically used to rulings where related methods of Insubstantiality can affect each other by default, but I'd like to know if that doesn't carry here.

Maybe. Probably.

Though since "related descriptors" isn't the case here at all -- gravitic energy vs. black demonic smoke -- it's irrelevant. :P

*shoos Hellbound out with a broom*

Hmm. While I might actually be comfortable letting TK affect Insubstantial 3 or 4 (depending on descriptors), I don't think it would work on Insubstantial 2. Catching something like smoke would be something you'd do by, say, creating an airtight Force Construct. So until Dark Star power-stunts Affects Insubstantial, no good with catching the smoke guy. (After all, even if your fingers are psychic, they still can't catch smoke. ;) )