The Break-In

"I dunno, man, I mean, you beat her, right?" He said a foul word about the intelligence of women, followed shortly thereafter by a gasp as his injuries head. "They should have given ME that staff! I could have beaten you guys AND gotten away! But no, the master had to give it to his girlfriend because she was 'trustworthy'! I can't believe we went to all that trouble stealing that funky dagger for nothing. The Red King's going to be so pissed, even if he does get his sacrifice..." The cultist looked very angry, until suddenly he blinked hard. "Hey, where's the crazy guy go?"

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Hey, where's the crazy guy go?"

"He does that. It's his schtick."

"They should have given ME that staff! I could have beaten you guys AND gotten away! But no, the master had to give it to his girlfriend because she was 'trustworthy'! I can't believe we went to all that trouble stealing that funky dagger for nothing. The Red King's going to be so pissed, even if he does get his sacrifice..."

"Wow. You really just don't get it, do you?" The Scarab's arm dropped to her side, and the cultist plummeted to the ground. She wiped her hands back and forth against each other. "See this? This is me, washing my hands, of you. I can't teach someone who doesn't want to learn. Did you like the treatment Avenger just gave you? Did you like being beaten, maimed, and degraded? Because that's where this road leads. But if you won't listen to reason, fine. There's six billion more people on this planet I can help. I'm not wasting one more minute on a lemming who's too stupid not to jump off the cliff. Enjoy being tortured, killed, and then tortured some more."

She turned to DarkStar. "I'll search North Bay for likely candidates for the cult safehouse. After I get home and get some sleep. That fight took a lot out of me. You're free to follow, or attend to your own business. As long as you stay within lunar orbit, I can contact you later when I've found something."

Dark Star nodded at her, not bothering to look around for Avenger. "Go and sleep. I'll make sure these fine folks are picked up and locked up. And NOT able to make any phone calls for a while to give us time. I'll continue to patrol around. As soon as you find something, contact me and I'll get to wherever in a flash. I'll stay within orbit, relatively close to the city."

• 3 weeks later...