Vignette for Feb 2009

Ah, February. A time for Groundhogs and Valentines, for Presidents Days and Fat Tuesdays.

And, for 2009, for the terrors of Friday the 13th!!! :twisted:

FC:PbP is offering the community another "vignette" opportunity. If you'd like to read about our New Years Vignette exercise look: here and here; info on our July 4th vignette can be found here. If you weren't around in those days (or even if you were), keep reading to find out more!

Who: Any player who is interested, for one or both of their characters.

What: Write a one (1) page (single spaced) vignette about your character that has some thematic relationship to the concept/idea of either "bad luck" or "horror." Ideally, you will be writing about the most horrific thing your character has either experienced or imagined, or the most horrific thing your character has performed (this latter part is obviously aimed at villains, since heroes shouldn't do horrific things), or about the unluckiest day the character ever experienced (which could include their Origin Story!). If you want to write this cooperatively with another player/character, that is fine, but the submission should be about 1 page per character involved.

When: The deadline for submission will be Friday, February 13th by 11:59 PM EST (GMT -5).

Where: The story can take place anywhere in the Freedom universe. It could be in Freedom City, or some other American city, or another country, or even another planet. When you submit your vignette, please make a note clearly indicating in which forum it should be posted, as well as when it would be happening.

Why: To enhance our community, to flex your writing muscles, to think more deeply about your character, and to earn a bonus PP for your character for the month of February.

How: Once your story is finished and proofed, PM it to one of the staff members (MBCE, Sandman XI, or myself). When all the stories are in, one of our staff members will post them to the appropriate forums (which is why we need you to be sure to tell us where it should go!), and provide links to them in this thread. DO NOT post them in a forum yourself, otherwise it will not be counted for this exercise.

Post here with questions.

The stories are up! We had nine submitted this time around which is very good.

However, a few lacked titles and I need those to complete the process. The following people need to give me titles for their stories:

Dark Star -- Cyroa EDIT: Got one.

Malice -- Geez3r

Arrowhawk -- Ecalsneerg

The stories are up! We had nine submitted this time around which is very good.

However, a few lacked titles and I need those to complete the process. The following people need to give me titles for their stories:

Dark Star -- Cyroa EDIT: Got one.

Malice -- Geez3r EDIT: Got one.

Arrowhawk -- Ecalsneerg

Ecalsneerg said:
I included the title 'Origins' in the PM title line.

Okay. It must have gotten lost in the shuffle. :oops:

All set for all nine stories. Enjoy people!

Arrowhawk: Origins

Avenger: Oral History

Belphegor: Better The Devil You Know

Dark Star: The Wrong Foot

Doktor Archeville: My Own Worst Enemy

Ghost: Joining With The Ghost

Hellbound: Blood on the Ice

Malice: The Day Hate Was Born

Scarab II: Honor Thy Father

Edited by MBCE
Fixed links to Vignettes