PANEL BEATERS - A radio show about comics...

cosmicarus

"We hope this won't suck."

Best. Line. Ever. I liked the "Best Death Countdown" as well. Very good, though your accents, I have to admit, remind me of Yahoo Serious. (That's probably the worst insult I've ever given someone. ;) )

I'll listen to the rest as I have the time.

Haha - well, I'm glad you (fpr the most part) enjoyed. JUst for the record, I'm not actually in the podcast, I merely push the buttons. I've done enough broadcasting at SYN already...

...and as for Yahoo Serious, well, steps have been taken.

Best. Line. Ever. I liked the "Best Death Countdown" as well. Very good, though your accents, I have to admit, remind me of Yahoo Serious. (That's probably the worst insult I've ever given someone. ;) )

Haha - well, I'm glad you (fpr the most part) enjoyed. JUst for the record, I'm not actually in the podcast, I merely push the buttons. I've done enough broadcasting at SYN already...

• 5 weeks later...

I finally made time to listen to the second podcast. I'd have done it sooner, but things, and stuff, along with junk, kept getting in the way.

Oh, and I have attempted to download the third one, but my system has not cooperated with me in doing so. Rather than blame my computer, or far more likely, my internet connection, I instead choose to blame you, and all your Aussie friends! *shakes fist at Australia, then turns towards New Zealand, looks at it for a while, then walks off.* What? At least they gave us Lord of the Rings. And Russell Crowe. (Wait, why do I like New Zealand again?)

Anyway, I really like it. There is one thing I noticed about their reporting, though. They really need to illustrate why they enjoy/dislike the comics they're reviewing. Just saying "I like it" or giving things 85 and a half thumbs up doesn't really tell us much. Other than that, the pace is very good, never dwelling on something for too long, and I do like how they have it split up into easy-to-digest topics.

I’ll try to get the third installment downloaded so I can listen to it during a particularly boring lecture at school. :)

I finally made time to listen to the second podcast. I'd have done it sooner, but things, and stuff, along with junk, kept getting in the way.

Oh, and I have attempted to download the third one, but my system has not cooperated with me in doing so. Rather than blame my computer, or far more likely, my internet connection, I instead choose to blame you, and all your Aussie friends! *shakes fist at Australia, then turns towards New Zealand, looks at it for a while, then walks off.* What? At least they gave us Lord of the Rings. And Russell Crowe. (Wait, why do I like New Zealand again?)

Anyway, I really like it. There is one thing I noticed about their reporting, though. They really need to illustrate why they enjoy/dislike the comics they're reviewing. Just saying "I like it" or giving things 85 and a half thumbs up doesn't really tell us much. Other than that, the pace is very good, never dwelling on something for too long, and I do like how they have it split up into easy-to-digest topics.

I’ll try to get the third installment downloaded so I can listen to it during a particularly boring lecture at school. :)

Hey, thanks for the review, V_M! It's muchly appreciated (as is your NZ humour :D)

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

I had wanted to get all 12 episodes of the show up, but various things (mainly hardware issues at the studio) prevented that.

It's actually our last show tomorrow. As an experiment, I'd say Panel Beaters was a success. Not everything went as expected, but we learnt a lot - we're hoping to turn it into a television show next year broadcast over local television and the internet, so stay tuned...

Hey, thanks for the review, V_M! It's muchly appreciated (as is your NZ humour :D)

I had wanted to get all 12 episodes of the show up, but various things (mainly hardware issues at the studio) prevented that.

It's actually our last show tomorrow. As an experiment, I'd say Panel Beaters was a success. Not everything went as expected, but we learnt a lot - we're hoping to turn it into a television show next year broadcast over local television and the internet, so stay tuned...