Triple Murder in Riderside, Rebooted [OOC]

Dr Archeville

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Round 4 Recap

[*:2tivo7tk]Fox leaps up, grabs his freeze rifle from Scarab's TK grip, and shoots her in the face, stunning her. She gains 3 HPs from this series of setbacks.

[*:2tivo7tk]Avenger drags Vulture into the darkness; only Shark has a chance to see it, but he does not. Avenger rams his unholy claws into Vultures' back, and can feel his kidneys. Concentration check to maintain his Hellwasp Swarm... fails!

[*:2tivo7tk]Scarab is shot in the face by a freeze ray and stunned, but she shakes it off. She attempts to counter Shark's Sharks, and succeeds.

[*:2tivo7tk]Slamdance is stunned by a shark attack (from last round). He lost an HP on a re-roll, but gained another for the setback.

[*:2tivo7tk]The Hellwasp swarm dissipates.

[*:2tivo7tk]Shark, upon seeing his babies *pop*, collapses.

[*:2tivo7tk]Vulture is stunned, and staggered. He'll be peeing blood for days.

Begin Round 5

Initiatives - Character - Condition - HPs

23+ - Fox - Undamaged

23- - Avenger - Undamaged - 1 HP

18 - Scarab - Bruise x2 - 2 HP

17 - Slamdance - Bruise x1 - 2 HP

16 - Hellwasps - Undamaged

15 - Shark (and 10 Sub-Sharks) - Bruise x1

7 - Vulture - Bruise x2, stunned, staggered, still grappled

Fox curses, then disappears, from sight and Scarab's mental senses.

Does Avenger really need to make a Stealth check vs. Shark, given that Shark can't see Avenger with Avenger's Stealth up? If he did take him by surprise, given how you've described the character's distracted state, I'd be surprised if he wasn't flat-footed. As for his attack modifier, I'd thought that catching someone flat-footed/by surprise provided +2 to hit. Was that correct?

Does Avenger really need to make a Stealth check vs. Shark, given that Shark can't see Avenger with Avenger's Stealth up?

... yes, b/c as I have stated before, his Notice is not so low/your Stealth so high that he has absolutely 0 chance of seeing you. It's a slim chance, yes, but it is a chance.

If he did take him by surprise, given how you've described the character's distracted state, I'd be surprised if he wasn't flat-footed.

If you take him by surprise, then, yes, he'd be flat-footed -- that' what "taking by surprise" means. But if his Notice check beats your Stealth check, you don't take him by surprise... hence my request for a Stealth check.

As for his attack modifier, I'd thought that catching someone flat-footed/by surprise provided +2 to hit. Was that correct?

Not quite: catching someone by surprise/making a surprise attack means they're flat-footed (lose Dodge bonus to defense) and suffer an additional -2 to Defense. Which I would be figuring in, so I don't need you adding to your attack :P

.... dang, I was mistaken, Taking 10 he actually has 0 chance of seeing you :oops:

Toughness save... fails by 14,so he's staggered & stunned. (If he'd failed by 1 more, he would've been KO'd).

'Course, now that you've let go of Vulture in order to smack Shark, Vulture's now free (though still staggered and with two bruises). What will he do? I'll let you know after I hear from Scarab and Slamdance. :twisted: (Or at least Slamdance.)

EDIT: This has been going on long enough (out-of-game; in-game it's only been 30 seconds), I'll fiat and say Avenger did realize Shark didn't see him, did power attack for one, and Shark's now KO'd.

Sorry for the delay.

The Scarab will take a Free Action to reconfigure her Psionics Array, followed by a Full Action to attempt to Mind Control "Shark." She'll take a Free Action to issue a command: "Take off your armor."

Opposed power check: 30.

EDIT: Did I say "Shark?" I meant Vulture. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Still here. We're here to rescue this thread, not let it die a second time.

The Scarab will maintain the Mind Control effect on Vulture until his armor is off and he is securely restrained.

If none of the other present characters have any restraints, The Scarab will burn one of her remaining Hero Points for a temporary rank in the Equipment feat to provide them. She "pulls them out of her pocket."