The Heist

Heridfel

Valkyrie - 10:07pm

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Rose looked down at the university below. Passing over the buildings gave her butterflies, and the memories seemed to brush past her on the wind. She flew down toward the courtyard in which she most often had lunch, and glided past the Arts buildings where she spent a majority of her time. She practically saw herself walking the grounds once again, comics and text books in hand. Looking back like this put a lot in perspective, and not just because she was floating twenty feet above the ground. Like most university students, Rose had a lot of fight when she was younger. She had a lot of views on a great many things, but the pressures of time seemed to turn her diamond hope into a coal-like persistance. She learnt that, no matter how much she wanted to make the world a better place back then, her voice was lost amongst the crowd. She glanced at her feet dangling in the air - suddenly she didn't feel like just another voice.

She decided it was time to head back toward the city - it was going to be a long night after all. She'd find someone or something to save tonight if it killed her! As she began to fly away she heard voices, and glancing back she saw a young fair haired woman walking with a young man. Young love. Rose acted without really thinking, flying down to meet them. "Hello. Citizens. Er, how's your night? Anything amiss?"

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Well, I skipped a lot of classes in high school too. That's why I'm going to a local school, even though my dad is both important and loaded. But yeah, it's nice." Randy raised himself on one arm too, so that he as closer to Megan and also face to face. He leaned in and kissed her gently. "Better get going," he said with a twinkle in his eye. "I'll walk you out."

Megan returned Randy’s kiss with a gently one of her own. “Yeah.†She said, slightly unconvinced. She then got up and made her way outside with Randy.

"Hello. Citizens. Er, how's your night? Anything amiss?"

They had not gotten far when an armored woman came down from the sky, landing in front of them. Megan did not recognize her, and tensed slightly at first, but as the woman spoke, it became clear she was not attack. “Umm, fine. No, nothing going wrong.†She replied.

"Well, I skipped a lot of classes in high school too. That's why I'm going to a local school, even though my dad is both important and loaded. But yeah, it's nice." Randy raised himself on one arm too, so that he as closer to Megan and also face to face. He leaned in and kissed her gently. "Better get going," he said with a twinkle in his eye. "I'll walk you out."

Megan returned Randy’s kiss with a gently one of her own. “Yeah.†She said, slightly unconvinced. She then got up and made her way outside with Randy.

They had not gotten far when an armored woman came down from the sky, landing in front of them. Megan did not recognize her, and tensed slightly at first, but as the woman spoke, it became clear she was not attack. “Umm, fine. No, nothing going wrong.†She replied.

"I didn't do it," Randy confessed in a ridiculously exaggerated voice. He threw his arms dramatically up in the air to indicate his mock surrender. "It was all her, Ms.-Heroine-Type-Person! I saw her with my own eyes. She's really a supervillian in disguise named . . . um . . . Naughty something-or-other. What was your villain name again?" he chided poking Megan in the arm. Randy was all smiles and silliness, but Megan detected a slight tone of viciousness in his voice that she wasn't used to hearing from him. It wasn't directed at her, but rather at the superhero standing before them.

"I didn't do it," Randy confessed in a ridiculously exaggerated voice. He threw his arms dramatically up in the air to indicate his mock surrender. "It was all her, Ms.-Heroine-Type-Person! I saw her with my own eyes. She's really a supervillian in disguise named . . . um . . . Naughty something-or-other. What was your villain name again?" he chided poking Megan in the arm. Randy was all smiles and silliness, but Megan detected a slight tone of viciousness in his voice that she wasn't used to hearing from him. It wasn't directed at her, but rather at the superhero standing before them.

Valkyrie - 10:06pm

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Rose felt silly. She wasn't entirely sure what she wanted out of this little meeting... well, actually, she did - it was awe and wonder - something to make her feel a bit heroic before she went off looking for the 'big bad' again. Admitting that to herself was only a little less embarrasing than the slight mockery she was currently experiencing. I deserve this - I'm such an idiot. The only thing to do in such instances is to pretend that the teasing isn't there. Rose laughs to Randy - "Well, I'm glad you're turning her in," before turning to the blonde woman "But seriously, this guy giving you trouble?"

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Rose felt silly. She wasn't entirely sure what she wanted out of this little meeting... well, actually, she did - it was awe and wonder - something to make her feel a bit heroic before she went off looking for the 'big bad' again. Admitting that to herself was only a little less embarrasing than the slight mockery she was currently experiencing. I deserve this - I'm such an idiot. The only thing to do in such instances is to pretend that the teasing isn't there. Rose laughs to Randy - "Well, I'm glad you're turning her in," before turning to the blonde woman "But seriously, this guy giving you trouble?"

Valkyrie-1.jpg

"Done," Nanowire said as he mentally unplugged himself from the network hub. "The alarms are off, though I'll have to take control of the cameras on-site manually. If I just turn them off, the guards will know something's wrong, and I'm not good enough yet to edit us out of digital media in real-time."

"Let's go," He said, walking towards the area in question.

"Done," Nanowire said as he mentally unplugged himself from the network hub. "The alarms are off, though I'll have to take control of the cameras on-site manually. If I just turn them off, the guards will know something's wrong, and I'm not good enough yet to edit us out of digital media in real-time."

Heavy puts his hand on Nanowire's shoulder.

"This way. Less direct, but fewer cameras... at least, fewer that I saw," he says. "Now, I don't know exactly what they got protecting the book, but assuming it's all science, sounds like you can probably take care of it. Along the way, there's some gems or something. If we have extra time after we grab the grimoire, we'll grab them too. Makes it look like that's what we came for - and it makes for a good thing to bribe Magpie with if he gets upset."

For someone with the name "Heavy", Sean has a light step. He slowly makes his way towards where the grimoire is being held, taking time for Nanowire to do whatever he does. He suddenly has an idea.

"Can you just set up a loop? I mean, this place is empty - empty just looks like empty, and it shouldn't draw anybody's attention," he asks.

"This way. Less direct, but fewer cameras... at least, fewer that I saw," he says. "Now, I don't know exactly what they got protecting the book, but assuming it's all science, sounds like you can probably take care of it. Along the way, there's some gems or something. If we have extra time after we grab the grimoire, we'll grab them too. Makes it look like that's what we came for - and it makes for a good thing to bribe Magpie with if he gets upset."

For someone with the name "Heavy", Sean has a light step. He slowly makes his way towards where the grimoire is being held, taking time for Nanowire to do whatever he does. He suddenly has an idea.

"Can you just set up a loop? I mean, this place is empty - empty just looks like empty, and it shouldn't draw anybody's attention," he asks.

Megan looked over at Randy with a slightly annoyed look as his theatrics. She was not quite sure to make of the underlying tone she detected, but was not about to ask him about it now.

She turned back towards the heroine. “Him? The only problem he is causing is melodrama. He was just walking me down while I got a taxi. Thanks. Nothing going on here.†She said, somewhat dismissively.

Megan looked over at Randy with a slightly annoyed look as his theatrics. She was not quite sure to make of the underlying tone she detected, but was not about to ask him about it now.

She turned back towards the heroine. “Him? The only problem he is causing is melodrama. He was just walking me down while I got a taxi. Thanks. Nothing going on here.†She said, somewhat dismissively.

Valkyrie - 10:08pm

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Rose hung there in silence for a moment, suspended in mid-air. The situation grew very awkward very quickly, "Well, ok then... carry on." And with that, Rose lifted into the air as quickly and casually as she could muster, cursing herself mentally, nice work! Worst. Superhero. Ever.

She flew up and doubled back, and when she thought she was out of eyesight she stopped and reflected. She lay on her back and looked into the night sky, closer now than it had ever been. She wondered what here sisters were doing right now. This comforted her a little because she knew, whatever they were doing, this was so much cooler!

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Rose hung there in silence for a moment, suspended in mid-air. The situation grew very awkward very quickly, "Well, ok then... carry on." And with that, Rose lifted into the air as quickly and casually as she could muster, cursing herself mentally, nice work! Worst. Superhero. Ever.

She flew up and doubled back, and when she thought she was out of eyesight she stopped and reflected. She lay on her back and looked into the night sky, closer now than it had ever been. She wondered what here sisters were doing right now. This comforted her a little because she knew, whatever they were doing, this was so much cooler!

Valkyrie-1.jpg