The Heist

Heridfel

Velocity glanced over and saw that the other heroine seemed unhurt by the barrage as well, she then focused back on the two armored villains as the one that looked sort of like Daedalus grabbed the other and started to run for it.

In a flash she was passing by the pair, her right fist swinging out towards the Deadalus wanna-be. “Your not going anywhere!†She said as she passed by. “You have a big mess to clean up here.â€Â

She continued on past the pair another fifty feet, heading in the direction they had been moving as she came to a stop facing them.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Velocity glanced over and saw that the other heroine seemed unhurt by the barrage as well, she then focused back on the two armored villains as the one that looked sort of like Daedalus grabbed the other and started to run for it.

In a flash she was passing by the pair, her right fist swinging out towards the Deadalus wanna-be. “Your not going anywhere!†She said as she passed by. “You have a big mess to clean up here.â€Â

She continued on past the pair another fifty feet, heading in the direction they had been moving as she came to a stop facing them.

Valkyrie

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Seeing the shards erupt towards her was a surreal experience. Everything, including her own movements, seemed to move both incredible slowly and quickly all al once. She could hear herself screaming, the shattering of glass, the splintering of wood... when she opened her eyes she was looking between her forearms at the big man making a break for it with the littler one slung over his shoulder. Where-ever her body was, she knew it's heart would be beating rather quickly right now. Her apparent ally in the racing stripes seemed to flicker suddenly, and then before Valkyrie could see her pass the distance in between she landed, what sounded like, a pretty heavy blow for someone so small. Then she was gone again. Valkyrie didn't wait to see if the man in the armour suffered under the attack or shrugged it off, this had to end soon. She charged forward, hopeing not to overdo it this time, but she does anyway. She curses inwardly and heads back to where she started, not wanting to get drilled again.

Valkyrie

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Seeing the shards erupt towards her was a surreal experience. Everything, including her own movements, seemed to move both incredible slowly and quickly all al once. She could hear herself screaming, the shattering of glass, the splintering of wood... when she opened her eyes she was looking between her forearms at the big man making a break for it with the littler one slung over his shoulder. Where-ever her body was, she knew it's heart would be beating rather quickly right now. Her apparent ally in the racing stripes seemed to flicker suddenly, and then before Valkyrie could see her pass the distance in between she landed, what sounded like, a pretty heavy blow for someone so small. Then she was gone again. Valkyrie didn't wait to see if the man in the armour suffered under the attack or shrugged it off, this had to end soon. She charged forward, hopeing not to overdo it this time, but she does anyway. She curses inwardly and heads back to where she started, not wanting to get drilled again.

Valkyrie

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Velocity's rapid attack bounces off Heavy to no effect, and he doesn't slow as he continues to move towards... somewhere. It doesn't appear to be towards the exit - in fact, he's going the other direction entirely. Oddly enough, he does move out of the way as Valkyrie tries to punch him from behind. It's like he could tell she was coming up on him, even though his head is still straight forward.

Velocity's rapid attack bounces off Heavy to no effect, and he doesn't slow as he continues to move towards... somewhere. It doesn't appear to be towards the exit - in fact, he's going the other direction entirely. Oddly enough, he does move out of the way as Valkyrie tries to punch him from behind. It's like he could tell she was coming up on him, even though his head is still straight forward.

"No, wait! I didn't mean it!" Nanowire cried out as the checkerboard girl made her quip. This had gone all wrong. No one was supposed to get hurt, just a quick in and out with no interaction. He was relieved that both the speedster and her platemail-garbed companion made it out relatively unscathed, but guilt ate at him all the same. Nanowire made to explain himself, however poorly that was likely to turn out for him, when Heavy grabbed him from behind and started dragging him towards their pre-planned exit.

Logically, that was the right decision. Escape from the heroines was paramount now; everything else, including forgivness, would have to wait. Nanowire assisted with the exodus by activating his gravimetric impellers and flying them both towards their goal.

"No, wait! I didn't mean it!" Nanowire cried out as the checkerboard girl made her quip. This had gone all wrong. No one was supposed to get hurt, just a quick in and out with no interaction. He was relieved that both the speedster and her platemail-garbed companion made it out relatively unscathed, but guilt ate at him all the same. Nanowire made to explain himself, however poorly that was likely to turn out for him, when Heavy grabbed him from behind and started dragging him towards their pre-planned exit.

Logically, that was the right decision. Escape from the heroines was paramount now; everything else, including forgivness, would have to wait. Nanowire assisted with the exodus by activating his gravimetric impellers and flying them both towards their goal.

Heavy sees the world accelerate as Nanowire kicks in his afterburners. The place that they came in is fast approaching, and even though he doesn't think they'll be able to follow him, he knows it's better to have a little distraction anyway. After all, what good is an Inuit spear going to do him?

So he quickly hurls the spear in his hand over Velocity's shoulder as they pass her, not towards Valkyrie, but towards the far wall. He puts a little effort into it, but not enough that they couldn't stop it before it hits the wall (especially given their super powers).

Hopefully, that distracts them enough that he can bend space without any witnesses. If he has to, though, he and Nanowire will disappear in front of them.

Heavy sees the world accelerate as Nanowire kicks in his afterburners. The place that they came in is fast approaching, and even though he doesn't think they'll be able to follow him, he knows it's better to have a little distraction anyway. After all, what good is an Inuit spear going to do him?

So he quickly hurls the spear in his hand over Velocity's shoulder as they pass her, not towards Valkyrie, but towards the far wall. He puts a little effort into it, but not enough that they couldn't stop it before it hits the wall (especially given their super powers).

Hopefully, that distracts them enough that he can bend space without any witnesses. If he has to, though, he and Nanowire will disappear in front of them.

Once again, Heavy is one place. Then, without warning, he and Nanowire are somewhere else entirely. It might remind Valkyrie of the way that the DeLorean traveled in Back to the Future (though without the blue flames left in their tracks). The museum grows much quieter as the rush of wind that accompanied Nanowire's jet boost fades away.

The new destination might surprise Nanowire as well. Rather than teleporting them to the secluded area within the park, Heavy has teleported them a quarter-mile above it. He says quickly, "Hang on!" as he falls back to the more usual configuration on his battlesuit and begins to hover in mid-air. He smiles behind the mask.

"Good to give anybody who somehow manages to follow us a little surprise. I think we got away clean, though," he says. His next words are accusatory, "But what were you thinking, crashing that car into the front? It brought two superheroes down on us, and I think if we stayed to fight, they might have had us."

As he speaks, he flies down to the ground. If Nanowire doesn't fly down on his own, Heavy'll continue to make sure that Nanowire doesn't fall - that is a pretty big drop.

Once again, Heavy is one place. Then, without warning, he and Nanowire are somewhere else entirely. It might remind Valkyrie of the way that the DeLorean traveled in Back to the Future (though without the blue flames left in their tracks). The museum grows much quieter as the rush of wind that accompanied Nanowire's jet boost fades away.

The new destination might surprise Nanowire as well. Rather than teleporting them to the secluded area within the park, Heavy has teleported them a quarter-mile above it. He says quickly, "Hang on!" as he falls back to the more usual configuration on his battlesuit and begins to hover in mid-air. He smiles behind the mask.

"Good to give anybody who somehow manages to follow us a little surprise. I think we got away clean, though," he says. His next words are accusatory, "But what were you thinking, crashing that car into the front? It brought two superheroes down on us, and I think if we stayed to fight, they might have had us."

As he speaks, he flies down to the ground. If Nanowire doesn't fly down on his own, Heavy'll continue to make sure that Nanowire doesn't fall - that is a pretty big drop.

"I... I wasn't thinking," Nanowire shakily replied to Heavy's question. His antigrav systems cut in without him thinking about it, which was fortunate, because he didn't feel up to thinking about much of anything, even the sudden scene translation. The last few moments of the desperate fight inside the museum kept running through his mind. Why had he done that? He could have killed both of them if they hadn't been so fast. There was just this dead feeling inside, an absolute loss of emotional attachment to what he was doing. The imlications were troubling, to say the least. "There wasn't any other way I could see to get inside - I thought... I thought everyone would be too busy with the car. I wasn't expecting metas." His face dipped towards the ground, Nanowire's shame over his actions, both before the fight and during, becoming very obvious. "Sorry."

A flimsy excuse. Heavy himself had repeatedly warned him about the probablity of metahuman involvement, and Nanowire had repeatedly disregarded them. In his arrogance over his supposed advantage in acumen, he had only shown himself to be the fool. "So... what now?"

"I... I wasn't thinking," Nanowire shakily replied to Heavy's question. His antigrav systems cut in without him thinking about it, which was fortunate, because he didn't feel up to thinking about much of anything, even the sudden scene translation. The last few moments of the desperate fight inside the museum kept running through his mind. Why had he done that? He could have killed both of them if they hadn't been so fast. There was just this dead feeling inside, an absolute loss of emotional attachment to what he was doing. The imlications were troubling, to say the least. "There wasn't any other way I could see to get inside - I thought... I thought everyone would be too busy with the car. I wasn't expecting metas." His face dipped towards the ground, Nanowire's shame over his actions, both before the fight and during, becoming very obvious. "Sorry."

A flimsy excuse. Heavy himself had repeatedly warned him about the probablity of metahuman involvement, and Nanowire had repeatedly disregarded them. In his arrogance over his supposed advantage in acumen, he had only shown himself to be the fool. "So... what now?"

"Well, best move for tonight is to split up. Unless you know a fence, you probably want to hold onto that thing for a couple of days until you can find a buyer," he says, gesturing to the weapon that Nanowire stole. His tone is more concilatory now that Nanowire seems to be sorry for his actions, even if he hasn't quite cottoned on to what he is most sorry for. "Another good rule to follow - don't talk about hideouts, or the place where we met, or any of that until we're away from here. Some folks can view the past, and they're almost as much trouble as the ones who can see the future. I hear that's what nailed Downtime once - he thought nobody could hear him when he was taunting them, but when you're listening through time, you've got all the time in the world. At least if we leave here, they have a harder time following us."

"Besides, even if I didn't get the spear, I got something out of this night, and I want to take a look over it. We can meet up tomorrow if you need help with getting that thing off your hands."

"Well, best move for tonight is to split up. Unless you know a fence, you probably want to hold onto that thing for a couple of days until you can find a buyer," he says, gesturing to the weapon that Nanowire stole. His tone is more concilatory now that Nanowire seems to be sorry for his actions, even if he hasn't quite cottoned on to what he is most sorry for. "Another good rule to follow - don't talk about hideouts, or the place where we met, or any of that until we're away from here. Some folks can view the past, and they're almost as much trouble as the ones who can see the future. I hear that's what nailed Downtime once - he thought nobody could hear him when he was taunting them, but when you're listening through time, you've got all the time in the world. At least if we leave here, they have a harder time following us."

"Besides, even if I didn't get the spear, I got something out of this night, and I want to take a look over it. We can meet up tomorrow if you need help with getting that thing off your hands."

“Little too late for that.†Velocity replied back as Nanowire tried to apologize for his attack that had torn up much of the lobby. But her attention was quickly diverted as the other villain threw a spear at one of the closest displays, with quite a bit of force. With a burst of speed, the young heroine moved to try to catch the spear before it caused any damage to something irreplaceable.

“Little too late for that.†Velocity replied back as Nanowire tried to apologize for his attack that had torn up much of the lobby. But her attention was quickly diverted as the other villain threw a spear at one of the closest displays, with quite a bit of force. With a burst of speed, the young heroine moved to try to catch the spear before it caused any damage to something irreplaceable.