The Heist

Heridfel

Randy waited outside the building with Megan until the cab arrived. He gave her another little kiss goodnight and then headed back to his dorm.

“Night.†Megan said as she returned Randy’s goodnight kiss before betting into the back of the Lexis towncar that had come to pick her up. They had only gotten a few blocks when she saw a car drive across the middle of the street, up onto the sidewalk and then up the stairs and into the front doors of the Hunter Museum of Natural History.

“What the?†She muttered. “Stop!†She said to the driver. “Here, I’ll get out here. Here’s the full fair.†She gave the diver the full fare plus a generous tip and got out of the car and looked back over at the scene at the museum, the sounds of alarms clear now.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Randy waited outside the building with Megan until the cab arrived. He gave her another little kiss goodnight and then headed back to his dorm.

“Night.†Megan said as she returned Randy’s goodnight kiss before betting into the back of the Lexis towncar that had come to pick her up. They had only gotten a few blocks when she saw a car drive across the middle of the street, up onto the sidewalk and then up the stairs and into the front doors of the Hunter Museum of Natural History.

“What the?†She muttered. “Stop!†She said to the driver. “Here, I’ll get out here. Here’s the full fair.†She gave the diver the full fare plus a generous tip and got out of the car and looked back over at the scene at the museum, the sounds of alarms clear now.

Valkyrie

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Rose stretched and yawned as she drifted lazily, silhouetted against the full moon. So what if you did nothing but embarrass yourself tonight? Could have been worse. We all remember The Tarantula's first night out - the papers couldn't get enough of it! All in all, you've done ok. It's probably better that nothing happened tonight-- Her 2nd perspective pep talk was cut short by a steady thumping, as if a loud busker chose this very moment to dip into funky, metallic base. Rose rolled over to face the ground and saw a large car pounding it's way up the steps of the musem. At first she was a little shocked and paused for a moment - her self-doubt subdued her initial desire to leap after the runaway motor vehicle. Perhaps there was some thing she didn't know - were they filming an ad or something? She quickly dismissed these thoughts when it looked as if the car would bust through the front doors of the Museum - the driver will be hurt! Despite streaking down as fast as she could, she'd left it too late to stop the car from making it's calamitous rendezvous with the Museum's front entrance - oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God...

Valkyrie

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Rose stretched and yawned as she drifted lazily, silhouetted against the full moon. So what if you did nothing but embarrass yourself tonight? Could have been worse. We all remember The Tarantula's first night out - the papers couldn't get enough of it! All in all, you've done ok. It's probably better that nothing happened tonight-- Her 2nd perspective pep talk was cut short by a steady thumping, as if a loud busker chose this very moment to dip into funky, metallic base. Rose rolled over to face the ground and saw a large car pounding it's way up the steps of the musem. At first she was a little shocked and paused for a moment - her self-doubt subdued her initial desire to leap after the runaway motor vehicle. Perhaps there was some thing she didn't know - were they filming an ad or something? She quickly dismissed these thoughts when it looked as if the car would bust through the front doors of the Museum - the driver will be hurt! Despite streaking down as fast as she could, she'd left it too late to stop the car from making it's calamitous rendezvous with the Museum's front entrance - oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God...

Valkyrie

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Heavy grits his teeth behind his helmet as he reaches towards the grimoire's case. When the glass doesn't immediately break as he presses against it, he pulls back his arm about six inches and punches, shattering the glass and any other protections that the book had. That's one benefit that having superhuman strength gives: normal things feel a lot more like tissue paper than obstacles. The book goes into the same compartment that the business card had come from.

"When we get out of here, we're going to have a little talk about 'Foreshadow, and why that was a dumb idea.' Grab some other stuff, so at least they don't know what we came for," he says. He goes to take his own advice, moving to another area's exhibits and going to take something else.

Heavy grits his teeth behind his helmet as he reaches towards the grimoire's case. When the glass doesn't immediately break as he presses against it, he pulls back his arm about six inches and punches, shattering the glass and any other protections that the book had. That's one benefit that having superhuman strength gives: normal things feel a lot more like tissue paper than obstacles. The book goes into the same compartment that the business card had come from.

"When we get out of here, we're going to have a little talk about 'Foreshadow, and why that was a dumb idea.' Grab some other stuff, so at least they don't know what we came for," he says. He goes to take his own advice, moving to another area's exhibits and going to take something else.

Foreshadow? Who the hell comes up with these names? Nanowire thought as he went to do as Heavy suggested. The section about ancient Eygpt looked promising. He'd done some research work about the later pharaohs, and it would be interesting to see some of the items up close. One glass case, containing the actual coronation staff of Ramesses the second, drew his eye. To him, it looked a bit plain, but it would likely do for the purposes of deflecting suspicion away from them.

He broke open the case and wrapped up the staff inside in the blanket on which it lay. Now it was definitely time to go.

Foreshadow? Who the hell comes up with these names? Nanowire thought as he went to do as Heavy suggested. The section about ancient Eygpt looked promising. He'd done some research work about the later pharaohs, and it would be interesting to see some of the items up close. One glass case, containing the actual coronation staff of Ramesses the second, drew his eye. To him, it looked a bit plain, but it would likely do for the purposes of deflecting suspicion away from them.

He broke open the case and wrapped up the staff inside in the blanket on which it lay. Now it was definitely time to go.

Heavy also goes for something a little larger - an ice-fishing spear from Canada's Inuit. "Alright," he says, "we need to get back to where we came in. Easiest way out, now that you've got cops converging on this place. Watch out for heroes. I'm sure there's some coming now."

Heavy also goes for something a little larger - an ice-fishing spear from Canada's Inuit. "Alright," he says, "we need to get back to where we came in. Easiest way out, now that you've got cops converging on this place. Watch out for heroes. I'm sure there's some coming now."

Valkyrie

Valkyrie-1.jpg

...oh God, oh God, oh God, oh God, oh God! Rose reaches the damaged car and looks inside - no-one. She doesn't attach any signifance to the discovery, changing her tact and looking under the car - nope. Odd thoughts start to fly through her head - vaporised? Inivisible? Miniscule? Never pres... Never present. Nothing made sense except that there was never anyone in the car to begin with, which led Rose to two conclusions; either the car had been out of control before coincedentally choosing these doors to plunge through, or someone dragged/pushed/drove it from afar. Realising that she was still looking underneath the car, Rose rises as the sound of the museum's alarms finally filter into her mind. Rose drifts into the museum's main foyer, convincing herself that maybe someone was in the car, they're injured and they dragged themselves in here - could be, who knows? Rose looks all around her as she glides through the foyer, permeating through the visitors desk and she makes her way towards the exhibits.

Valkyrie

Valkyrie-1.jpg

...oh God, oh God, oh God, oh God, oh God! Rose reaches the damaged car and looks inside - no-one. She doesn't attach any signifance to the discovery, changing her tact and looking under the car - nope. Odd thoughts start to fly through her head - vaporised? Inivisible? Miniscule? Never pres... Never present. Nothing made sense except that there was never anyone in the car to begin with, which led Rose to two conclusions; either the car had been out of control before coincedentally choosing these doors to plunge through, or someone dragged/pushed/drove it from afar. Realising that she was still looking underneath the car, Rose rises as the sound of the museum's alarms finally filter into her mind. Rose drifts into the museum's main foyer, convincing herself that maybe someone was in the car, they're injured and they dragged themselves in here - could be, who knows? Rose looks all around her as she glides through the foyer, permeating through the visitors desk and she makes her way towards the exhibits.

Valkyrie

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Megan saw the heroine from earlier fiy down and into the hole the car had made. The cab had pulled away, and after a quick check to see if anyone else was nearby, Megan was gone in a blur.

Speeding up a wall and onto nearby rooftop, she found a shadow area and was changed into her Velocity costume in the blink of an eye. Then, she sped back down the wall and over to the entrance to the museum.

By the time she had entered, the other heroine was just at the visitors’ desk. Velocity came to a sudden stop just in front of the other heroine. “Hey, cars don’t normally smash through doors on their own. So something pretty strange is going on here.â€Â

Megan saw the heroine from earlier fiy down and into the hole the car had made. The cab had pulled away, and after a quick check to see if anyone else was nearby, Megan was gone in a blur.

Speeding up a wall and onto nearby rooftop, she found a shadow area and was changed into her Velocity costume in the blink of an eye. Then, she sped back down the wall and over to the entrance to the museum.

By the time she had entered, the other heroine was just at the visitors’ desk. Velocity came to a sudden stop just in front of the other heroine. “Hey, cars don’t normally smash through doors on their own. So something pretty strange is going on here.â€Â