The Heist [OOC] (Full)

Heridfel

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick reminder - if you use a hero point to reroll something, you add 10 if your die comes up as 10 or lower. Your 17 is actually a 27, just enough to avoid even a bruise.

(You bum. :P )

Oh man! You know, I totally knew that! But for some reason in my head I was like: "Aw gee - 17 is more than ten so I don't get to add 10 to it."

The mind does crazy things when it's at work...

Quick reminder - if you use a hero point to reroll something, you add 10 if your die comes up as 10 or lower. Your 17 is actually a 27, just enough to avoid even a bruise.

Oh man! You know, I totally knew that! But for some reason in my head I was like: "Aw gee - 17 is more than ten so I don't get to add 10 to it."

Okay, that's a DC 22 Reflex save, followed shortly by a DC 27 Toughness save. It's still non-lethal, BTW, despite the description. It's just a variation of the "Shockwave" alternate power from superstrength. Same game effect, different special effect.

Nanowire is experiencing some remorse right now - he might be a bit shakey for the next few rounds. :)

Okay, that's a DC 22 Reflex save, followed shortly by a DC 27 Toughness save. It's still non-lethal, BTW, despite the description. It's just a variation of the "Shockwave" alternate power from superstrength. Same game effect, different special effect.

Nanowire is experiencing some remorse right now - he might be a bit shakey for the next few rounds. :)

I assumed that Nanowire got Heavy in his crosshairs, since he's still pretty close to the group (about 30 feet away if I remember right). He succeeded on the Reflex save and would have failed the Toughness save by 5 thanks to the bruise he got earlier. I used up my other hero point to re-roll, and since the minimum that I could get is 24, he automatically succeeds.

I'm also assuming that I can pick Nanowire up without a grapple, since he's shaky and Heavy is on his side. He's trying to move Nanowire with him towards the exit. My light load with my Density where it is is nearly 4 tons, more than enough that carrying Nanowire doesn't slow me down. I'm assuming I'm one full round away if I move all-out, which means that I'd be very close to 'porting away and escaping.

Nanowire's logical brain would notice that Heavy is making efforts not to leave Nanowire behind, for what that's worth.

I assumed that Nanowire got Heavy in his crosshairs, since he's still pretty close to the group (about 30 feet away if I remember right). He succeeded on the Reflex save and would have failed the Toughness save by 5 thanks to the bruise he got earlier. I used up my other hero point to re-roll, and since the minimum that I could get is 24, he automatically succeeds.

I'm also assuming that I can pick Nanowire up without a grapple, since he's shaky and Heavy is on his side. He's trying to move Nanowire with him towards the exit. My light load with my Density where it is is nearly 4 tons, more than enough that carrying Nanowire doesn't slow me down. I'm assuming I'm one full round away if I move all-out, which means that I'd be very close to 'porting away and escaping.

Nanowire's logical brain would notice that Heavy is making efforts not to leave Nanowire behind, for what that's worth.

Shockwave is a cone, not a burst area, so Heavy would be unaffected. You're thinking of Groundstrike. Sorry I didn't explain that better.

Also, how am I over PL caps? A STR bonus of +12 equals a Reflex save of 22 (10 plus Str bonus). That makes for a Toughness save of 27 - 15 base, plus the 12 for the damage.

And I didn't know you could use Dodge Focus to increase your Reflex save. Where does it say that?

Shockwave is a cone, not a burst area, so Heavy would be unaffected. You're thinking of Groundstrike. Sorry I didn't explain that better.

Also, how am I over PL caps? A STR bonus of +12 equals a Reflex save of 22 (10 plus Str bonus). That makes for a Toughness save of 27 - 15 base, plus the 12 for the damage.

And I didn't know you could use Dodge Focus to increase your Reflex save. Where does it say that?

A cone is still an area effect, with no attack roll, so there is no trade off between attack and damage to take the damage from the area effect over the PL cap.

And my mistake, hehe, not dodge focus (as that would have been a very large bonus to reflex), but Defensive Roll :) (wrote that before I had some coffee :))

A cone is still an area effect, with no attack roll, so there is no trade off between attack and damage to take the damage from the area effect over the PL cap.

And my mistake, hehe, not dodge focus (as that would have been a very large bonus to reflex), but Defensive Roll :) (wrote that before I had some coffee :))