Metal Manly Mania (OOC)

Geez3r

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadism and creativity: 2 traits your DM should never have at the same time. Btw, being disqualified in this round does not prevent you from fighting in future rounds. Your team continues to fight until all members are either disqualified or unable to fight.

So Initiative Round 2:

29 - The Captain - VP x3

24 - Ghost

20 - Firestarter

19 - Lady Toxic

9 - Malice - VP x3

Sorry it took me so long, I had to finish stating out the dudes. Well Mr. Capitan, you're up. Just lemme make a quick IC post first.

End of Round 1

29 - The Captain - VP x3 -- (???)

24 - Ghost

20 - Firestarter

19 - Lady Toxic

9 - Malice - VP x2

I need you to make your Fort save vs being paralyzed before the shenanigans with the ring.

Alright, let's determine what happens to everyone. I'll roll it here and then describe it in the IC, sound fair? I'll roll 3d6, the first is what happens on Lady Toxic's platform, the 2nd is what happens on Malice/ Firestarter's platform, and lastly Captain and Ghost.

Start of Round 2 ring shenanigans. First die is LT, 2nd is M and FS, 3rd is C and G. (3d6=3,6,1)

Fantastic.

LT's platform suddenly drops, but she auto passes on her Balance/Acrobatics check to remain standing, yay Skill Master.

Malice and Fire Starter's platform flips over, so they both need to make DC 22 Reflex saves. Firestarter loses his balance and goes flying off the edge, but not before being zapped by the fence. He recovers however and blasts himself onto one of the nearby platforms. (auto pass DC 10 reflex save).

Malice on the other hand takes advantage of the momentum genereted by his earlier kick and easily lands safely back on the platform.

The Captain and Ghost remain relatively unmolested.

Alright, so here we go:

Start of round 2

29 - The Captain - VP x3

24 - Ghost

20 - Firestarter - Bruise x1

19 - Lady Toxic

9 - Malice - VP x2

Naturally, roll a fricken one against her, AGAIN. Burn a VP to auto pass toughness save (passing by 5 points btw).

Then I used Extra Effort to get an extra standard action (buring a VP to ignore fatigue) and used that stadard action to capitalize on the Inspiration bonus. Payed off well didn't it?

End of Round 2

29 - The Captain - VP x2 (blinded?)

24 - Ghost

20 - Firestarter - Disqualified

19 - Lady Toxic - Disqualified

9 - Malice - VP x0

And now for the start of round 3 Shenanigans.

Rolling 2d6, first die is for Malice, 2nd die is for Captain and Ghost.

Start of Round 3 arena stuff, first die is Malice, 2nd is Captain and Ghost. (2d6=6,3)

Really? Flips on Malice again!?

Malice's little victory celebration as the platform suddenly decides to flip over on him. Malice looses traction on all of the bullet casings lying around and goes for quite the spill. But passes through the electric feild completely without incident. A quick thruster burst later and Malice lands back on solid ground a little shaken, but no worse for wear.

The platform that the Captain and Ghost are fighting on, suddenly jolts upward. Ghost keeps his footing if you can call it that because he's not actually standing so much as in the ground.

End of Round 3

29 - The Captain - VP x2 (Drained?)

24 - Ghost -- Bruise x2, Stunned

20 - Firestarter - Disqualified

19 - Lady Toxic - Disqualified

9 - Malice - VP x0

Start of round 4 arena stuff.

Roll 2d6, First is Malice, then Captain and Ghost

Arena stuff start of round 4, Malice then Ghost and Cap (2d6=4,1) Malice might lose about 8 pounds off the top, while Cap and Ghost are fine.

Malice is taken by surprise as his platform passes dangerously close to the underside of another platform. Malice is sent flying through the electric fence but his armor protects him again as he passes through the current. Unfortunately, the electrical surge causes a temporary short in Malice's jet engines and he splats on the ground with a particularly loud *THUNK*. All Malice can do is look up to where the others are still fighting and facepalm at his own failure.

The Arena Rules this time around:

The Arena will be populated by dozens of robot droids. They will attack the competitors at random using whatever weapons they have at their disposal. Mechanics: at the start of every round, a d6 is rolled, this is the number of droids that spawn this round. The droids are minions and follow the standard rules for minions. Although robotic, they are not mindless, they do have very basic AI. They are however not exactly pushovers. Their targets will be determined by random (rolling 1d4 per droid, each result representing one of the combatants). When one team is defeated, something interesting will happen with the remaining droids. I won’t say what now, other than to say that focusing on the enemy combatants alone might not be the best of ideas. The droids are treated as a third party in the case of any effects that rely on teammates.

The Platform for the arena this time is standard. No tricks with the ring alone.

End of Round 2:

46 - Shard

31 - Blue Star - She's just sleeping in ketchup

19 - The Captain - VP x1 - Bruise x2

17 - Malice - VP x2 - Bruise x1,

14 - Droids - 9 Droids (For sake of argument we'll say that they're clumped in groups of 3 in case anyone wants to AoE them)

Droid Spawn Start of Round 3 (1d6=5)

Start of Round 3:

46 - Shard

31 - Blue Star - She's just sleeping in ketchup

19 - The Captain - VP x1 - Bruise x2

17 - Malice - VP x2 - Bruise x1,

14 - Droids - 14 Droids (2 groups of 5, one groups of 4)

Well she was staggered from your attack, the first shot knocked her unconscious, the next knocked her to dying, the one after killed her and the last was unnecessary. At least if I followed the rules to the letter, she's not dead. Droids are programmed to not kill or something.

We each get 1 recovery check before the next fight. We also both get 2 more VP because this fight will be a pain. I wil be using GM Fiat to help out Wendigo. Furthermore, Wendigo has some VP of his own that he can use without me falling back on GM Fiat, but you won't know how many.

Recovery check before main event (1d20 6=7)

Damn. Well this is gonna hurt.

Wendigo Initiative (1d20 6=9)

Malice Initiative Final Round (1d20 0=19)