Player name: zero21

Character name: IRONHIDE

PL: 11 (154/163pp)

Unspent PPs: 9pp

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 3,000 lbs.

Hair: Red

Eyes: Green

Appearance: David looks a lot like the lucky charms guy - a fact he despises immensely. He's 5'10" and doesn't look like he weighs very much, but he's about 3,000 lbs. He has hazel green eyes, lots of freckles, and his suit is dark grey with light blue trim.

History: David Norris was not always a super villain. At one point he was a completely normal teenage boy, if a bit weird in the head. All of that changed, though, after he stumbled onto the wreckage of a downed U.F.O and was bathed in its alien radiation which triggered his latent powers, but altered them in the process, making him nearly invulnerable to most attacks, granting him flight, and able to survive in even the most hostile environment without issue. He also became much, much, denser, granting him incredible physical stamina. Taking the name "IRONHIDE" due to his bulletproof hide, he began a campaign as a super villain, and a pretty good one at that. Under the right circumstances, he'd be an anti-hero, but in general, he's bad news - robbery, burglary, assault, murder, and fighting for money are all part of his life.

Abilities (21pp)

Strength 10/34 (+0/+12)

Dexterity 10 (+0)

Constitution 15 (+2)

Intelligence 15 (+2)

Wisdom 16 (+3)

Charisma: 15 (+2)

Combat (22pp)

Attack: +4, +6 melee, +8 unarmed

Grapple: +24 at full density, +8 normal density

Defense: +7 (+3 flat-footed)

Knockback: -17 at full density, -7 normal

Initiative: +12

Saves (17pp)

Toughness: +13 (Impervious 11), +8 (Imp 6) normal

Fortitude: +10 (+2 Con, +8)

Reflex: +4 (+0 Dex, +4)

Will +8 (+3 Wis, +5)

Skills (72r = 18 pp)

Bluff 12 (+14)

Diplomacy 12 (+14)

Intimidate 12 (+14)

Notice 12 (+15)

Search 12 (+14)

Sense Motive 12 (+15)

Feats (11 pp)

Assessment

Attack Focus (melee) 2

Attack Specialization (unarmed)

Blindfight

Fearless

Improved Initiative 3

Instant Up

Power Attack

Powers (65 pp)

Density 12 (+24 Str, Impervious Toughness 6, Immovable 4, Super-Strength 4 [effective Str 54])

Flight 5 (250 mph)

Immunity 9 (life support)

Protection 5 (Extra: Impervious)

DC Block

Unarmed, normal density -- DC 15/Toughness -- Damage

Unarmed, full density -- DC 27/Toughness -- Damage

Totals

Abilities-21

Saves-17

Combat-22

Feats-11

Skills-18

Powers-65

Total-154/163pp

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Appearance: David looks a lot like the lucky charms guy - a fact he despises immensely. He's 5'10" and doesn't look like he weighs very much, but he's about 3,000 lbs. He has hazel green eyes, lots of freckles, and his suit is dark grey with light blue trim.

History: David Norris was not always a super villain. At one point he was a completely normal teenage boy, if a bit weird in the head. All of that changed, though, after he stumbled onto the wreckage of a downed U.F.O and was bathed in its alien radiation which triggered his latent powers, but altered them in the process, making him nearly invulnerable to most attacks, granting him flight, and able to survive in even the most hostile environment without issue. He also became much, much, denser, granting him incredible physical stamina. Taking the name "IRONHIDE" due to his bulletproof hide, he began a campaign as a super villain, and a pretty good one at that. Under the right circumstances, he'd be an anti-hero, but in general, he's bad news - robbery, burglary, assault, murder, and fighting for money are all part of his life.

Abilities (21pp)

Strength 10/34 (+0/+12)

Dexterity 10 (+0)

Constitution 15 (+2)

Intelligence 15 (+2)

Wisdom 16 (+3)

Combat (22pp)

Saves (17pp)

Will +8 (+3 Wis, +5)

Skills (72r = 18 pp)

Bluff 12 (+14)

Diplomacy 12 (+14)

Intimidate 12 (+14)

Notice 12 (+15)

Search 12 (+14)

Sense Motive 12 (+15)

Feats (11 pp)

Assessment

Attack Focus (melee) 2

Blindfight

Fearless

Improved Initiative 3

Instant Up

Power Attack

Powers (65 pp)

Density 12 (+24 Str, Impervious Toughness 6, Immovable 4, Super-Strength 4 [effective Str 54])

Flight 5 (250 mph)

DC Block

Totals

Abilities-21

Saves-17

Combat-22

Feats-11

Skills-18

Powers-65

Total-154/163pp

Abilities (21pp)

Strength 10/34 (+0/+12)

Dexterity 10 (+0)

Constitution 15 (+2)

Intelligence 15 (+2)

Wisdom 16 (+3)

Combat (22pp)

Saves (17pp)

Will +8 (+3 Wis, +5)

Skills (72r = 18 pp)

Bluff 12 (+14)

Diplomacy 12 (+14)

Intimidate 12 (+14)

Notice 12 (+15)

Search 12 (+14)

Sense Motive 12 (+15)

Feats (11 pp)

Assessment

Attack Focus (melee) 2

Blindfight

Fearless

Improved Initiative 3

Instant Up

Power Attack

Powers (65 pp)

Flight 5 (250 mph)

DC Block

Totals

Abilities-21

Saves-17

Combat-22

Feats-11

Skills-18

Powers-65

Total-154/163pp

I need more information before I can audit your sheet:

1. For your combat scores, your skills, and your saves I need to know which are ranks and which are ability bonuses you've already applied (if any). I went through them once and couldn't get any of the totals to come out right, so I'm not going to guess.

2. I need some clarity on and the rest of the information about your Device. Device 20 doesn't add up to 79 PPs anyway I can figure. And what does "points used" mean?

3. What does . . .

Drawbacks-Device 1
. . . mean?

When you've submitted your character using the proper format and cleared these things up, I'd be happy to look at it again.

1. For your combat scores, your skills, and your saves I need to know which are ranks and which are ability bonuses you've already applied (if any). I went through them once and couldn't get any of the totals to come out right, so I'm not going to guess.

2. I need some clarity on and the rest of the information about your Device. Device 20 doesn't add up to 79 PPs anyway I can figure. And what does "points used" mean?

3. What does . . .

Drawbacks-Device 1
. . . mean?

When you've submitted your character using the proper format and cleared these things up, I'd be happy to look at it again.

3. What does . . .

Drawbacks-Device 1
. . . mean?

1. The discount for a device is built into the container cost.

bdb +7(6 ranks+1 tradeoff)

Taking a trade-off doesn't actually increase your defense. It merely increase that traits cap.

3. 12 ranks of Combat scores costs 24, not 12.

4. Your saves don't add up to 24 points.

5. 6 ranks of Flight is 12 PPs not 10.

6. You have 14 skill ranks. Skill points cost 4 ranks per PP.

Powerloss-electricity blast 4(+) 2
Powerless (protection) - electricity is a 2 pt. drawback.

Taking a trade-off doesn't actually increase your defense. It merely increase that traits cap.

Name-David Norris/IRONHIDE

height-5'8

weight 3,100

age-20

eyes-green/hazel

hair-red

spd 30/100

init+12

bab 4(+6 melle, unarmed)10

damage +11

bdb 10

points-28

toughness 14(2 con,12 invunerable)

will +7(4 ranks)

ref 5(4 ranks)

fort 9(4 ranks)

points-12

str 20/44(+5/11)

dex 12(+1)

con 15(+2)

int 16(+3)

wis 16(+3)

cha 12 (+1)

Powers- density(permanent)12(+24 str,6 protection,4 immoveable/superstr)

life suppourt

flight 6

protection 6(w/ invunerable)

points-71

feats-imp init(3) instant up, attack specialty(melee,unarmed,3)assesment,fearless,blindfight,power attack

points-12

skills-sense motive 16 ranks(4pts) 19

notice 16 ranks(4pts) 19

bluff 16 ranks(4pts) 17

search 8 ranks (2pts) 9

diplomacy 8 ranks(2pts) 9

flaws-permanent, density

drawbacks-

fullpower-density,flight 2(1 each)

powerloss vs electricity 2

weakness vs electricity 2 (moderate)

vunerable vs electricity 2 (moderate)

Appearance-David looks alot like the lucky charms guy..a fact he despises immencely, he's pretty short( 5'8) and dose'nt look like he weights very much..but he's about 3,000 lbs..he has hazel green eyes, lots of freckles, and his suit is dark grey with light blue trim.

David Norris (no relations to chuck) was'nt always a super villian..at one point he was a completly normal teenage boy, if a bit weird in the head..all of that changed though after he stumbled onto the wreckage of a downed U.F.O and was bathed in its alien radiation..wich triggered his latent powers, but altered them in the process, making him nearly invunerable to most attacks, granting him flight, and able to survive in even the most hostile enviroment without mich issue..he also became much, much, denser, granting him incredible physical stamina. Taking the name "IRONHIDE" due to his bulletproof hide, he began a campaign as a super hero, much to his younger brothers delight..however, during his last battle as a hero, his brother was crippled for life when a blast from a villian calling himself "lacerator" ..david soon after dissappeared into seeming obsucrity..although its belived he's still alive as every few months a letter,check, or both come's in for his still comatose brother.

1. Your initiative is +13, not +12 (Dex 12 and Improved Initiative 3).

2. You need to spend 7 pp to increase your Fortitude save to +9, not 4 pp.

3. You have a Defense of +10 and a Toughness save of +14, which is 4 over the PL caps.

4. You spent 29 pp on abilities, not 22 pp.

5. Your Strength modifier is +17, not +11. This breaks the PL cap on damage, and will have to be lowered.

6. The cost for your powers is 36+9+12+12=69, not 71.

7. Your feats should be Attack Focus 2, Attack Specialization (Unarmed) 2 in order to line up with what's listed in your combat section.

8. You cannot have more than 15 ranks in a skill due to PL caps. This applies to Notice and Bluff.

9. Full Power is not an appropriate drawback for a Permanent power (the Density).

10. Which power does the Power Loss drawback apply to?

11. As a note, the Vulnerable drawback is (uncommon, moderate).

12. You cannot have a Weakness to electricity. A Weakness is something that harms you which is not normally harmful.

13. 28 (combat)+15 (saves)+29 (abilities)+69 (powers)+12 (feats)+16 (skills)-5 (drawbacks)= 164 pp

The first step I suggest is lowering your Strength. If you go down to a base Strength of 10, your Density will increase your Strength to 34, or a damage modifier of +12. You will still need to lower your attack modifier for melee/unarmed to a maximum of +8 (so, removing one of the Attack Specializations). Those two changes will give you back 11 pp, so you'd only be 3 pp over. Removing 4 ranks of Defense bonus means you're actually 5 pp underspent.

I would convert the Attack Specialization to 2 ranks of Attack Focus (melee), and then you have 4 pp to spend on skills, saves, or feats.

height-5'8

weight 3,100

age-20

eyes-green/hazel

hair-red

spd 30/100

init+12

damage +11

bdb 10

points-28

will +7(4 ranks)

ref 5(4 ranks)

fort 9(4 ranks)

points-12

str 20/44(+5/11)

dex 12(+1)

con 15(+2)

int 16(+3)

wis 16(+3)

cha 12 (+1)

life suppourt

flight 6

points-71

feats-imp init(3) instant up, attack specialty(melee,unarmed,3)assesment,fearless,blindfight,power attack

points-12

notice 16 ranks(4pts) 19

bluff 16 ranks(4pts) 17

search 8 ranks (2pts) 9

flaws-permanent, density

drawbacks-

Appearance-David looks alot like the lucky charms guy..a fact he despises immencely, he's pretty short( 5'8) and dose'nt look like he weights very much..but he's about 3,000 lbs..he has hazel green eyes, lots of freckles, and his suit is dark grey with light blue trim.

David Norris (no relations to chuck) was'nt always a super villian..at one point he was a completly normal teenage boy, if a bit weird in the head..all of that changed though after he stumbled onto the wreckage of a downed U.F.O and was bathed in its alien radiation..wich triggered his latent powers, but altered them in the process, making him nearly invunerable to most attacks, granting him flight, and able to survive in even the most hostile enviroment without mich issue..he also became much, much, denser, granting him incredible physical stamina. Taking the name "IRONHIDE" due to his bulletproof hide, he began a campaign as a super hero, much to his younger brothers delight..however, during his last battle as a hero, his brother was crippled for life when a blast from a villian calling himself "lacerator" ..david soon after dissappeared into seeming obsucrity..although its belived he's still alive as every few months a letter,check, or both come's in for his still comatose brother.

3. You have a Defense of +10 and a Toughness save of +14, which is 4 over the PL caps.

5. Your Strength modifier is +17, not +11. This breaks the PL cap on damage, and will have to be lowered.

7. Your feats should be Attack Focus 2, Attack Specialization (Unarmed) 2 in order to line up with what's listed in your combat section.

8. You cannot have more than 15 ranks in a skill due to PL caps. This applies to Notice and Bluff.

9. Full Power is not an appropriate drawback for a Permanent power (the Density).

12. You cannot have a Weakness to electricity. A Weakness is something that harms you which is not normally harmful.

13. 28 (combat)+15 (saves)+29 (abilities)+69 (powers)+12 (feats)+16 (skills)-5 (drawbacks)= 164 pp

The first step I suggest is lowering your Strength. If you go down to a base Strength of 10, your Density will increase your Strength to 34, or a damage modifier of +12. You will still need to lower your attack modifier for melee/unarmed to a maximum of +8 (so, removing one of the Attack Specializations). Those two changes will give you back 11 pp, so you'd only be 3 pp over. Removing 4 ranks of Defense bonus means you're actually 5 pp underspent.

I would convert the Attack Specialization to 2 ranks of Attack Focus (melee), and then you have 4 pp to spend on skills, saves, or feats.

height-5'8

weight 3,100

age-20

eyes-green/hazel

hair-red

spd 30/100

init+12

damage +11

bdb 10

points-28

will +7(4 ranks)

ref 5(4 ranks)

fort 9(4 ranks)

points-12

str 20/44(+5/11)

dex 12(+1)

con 15(+2)

int 16(+3)

wis 16(+3)

cha 12 (+1)

life suppourt

flight 6

points-71

points-12

notice 16 ranks(4pts) 19

bluff 16 ranks(4pts) 17

search 8 ranks (2pts) 9

flaws-permanent, density

drawbacks-

zero21,

We've been though this before. Your sheet is virtually undecipherable. For example:

init+13

bab 4(+6 melee, unarmed)8

damage +12

bdb 6

points-28

1. What is the "8" there for? I couldn't get anything to add up to "8".

2. If your combat stats cost 28 points, they should add up to 14, but they don't. They only add up to 10.

And again . . .

will +7(4 ranks)

ref 5(4 ranks)

fort 9(4 ranks)

points-1

1. Your saves don't add up to 1 point.

2. Your Con is +2 and you have 4 ranks for that save. That should be +6 for your Fort save.

I'm not going to try to audit your new sheets until you submit them using the character sheet template in the Game Rules thread. I'm not trying to be mean, but you've submitted 4 characters is less than 4 weeks, and you've been repeatedly asked to make them more clear. I think following the premade sheet we have will help with that a great deal.

zero21,

We've been though this before. Your sheet is virtually undecipherable. For example:

init+13

damage +12

bdb 6

points-28

2. If your combat stats cost 28 points, they should add up to 14, but they don't. They only add up to 10.

And again . . .

will +7(4 ranks)

ref 5(4 ranks)

fort 9(4 ranks)

points-1

2. Your Con is +2 and you have 4 ranks for that save. That should be +6 for your Fort save.

I'm not going to try to audit your new sheets until you submit them using the character sheet template in the Game Rules thread. I'm not trying to be mean, but you've submitted 4 characters is less than 4 weeks, and you've been repeatedly asked to make them more clear. I think following the premade sheet we have will help with that a great deal.

zero21,

init+13

damage +12

bdb 6

points-28

And again . . .

will +7(4 ranks)

ref 5(4 ranks)

fort 9(4 ranks)

points-1