Power Level: 6 (91 pp)

Unspent PP: 1

Characters Name: Sammy Six-Shooter

Alternate Identity: Samuel Hawkins

Height: 5'5"

Weight: 154

Hair: Brown

Eyes: Brown

Description: Sammy looks the part of most of the classic western heroes. He has a long brown leather duster, and a wide brimmed hat that hides most of his face in shadows. Planted in the middle of his face is a handlebar mustache and the beard seems to always consist of stubs.

History: Samuel "Sammy" Hawkins were born in an alternate dimension where time's still stuck in the wild west era only the cowboys ride dinosaurs instead of horses. He grew up to become one of the most feared and renowned gunslingers in the west. Together with his white dinosaur Silver, he became the hero of many dime novels.

It was during one of his adventures, as he was chasing down a Wendigo cult when he came in possession of his magical six-shooter. Stole it of one of the cultists. Over the next couple of years he became even more known for his magical gun. Most bandits feared the more mention of his name.

Throughout the years he had made many enemies, but the worst of the bunch was the immortal sorcerer and degenerate gambler Clayton Mullins, better known as the Gambler for the way he gambled in other people's souls. Every time Sammy thought he'd defeated the sorcerer, he always found a way to come back for revenge.

It was during one of their clashes that Clayton was trying to open a gate to the hunting grounds to summon a fear demon. Something went wrong, due to Sammy's interference, and they both fell into the gateway. They were hurtled through the hunting grounds and came out in the middle of Freedom City. They continued their fight, but the sorcerer got away, as usual.

Suddenly Sammy found himself in a world not his own. Filled with strange new wonders. A man out of his element and out of his time. Now he's trying to make a home for himself in Freedom City while hunting for Clayton and any other criminal he can find. All he needs is an apartment that allows dinosaurs as pets and a job that would hire someone with no technical skill, shouldn't be too hard.

Complications: Enemy (Clayton Mullins aka The Gambler), Honor, Technologically Challenged (Sammy grew up in a society comparable to the 1870s, as such he has problem understanding most of our new fangled technology)

Stats: Cost 18

Str: 14 (+2)

Dex: 16 (+3)

Con: 16 (+3)

Int: 10 (+0)

Wis: 12 (+1)

Cha: 10 (+0)

Combat: Cost 10

Attack:+2/+4 ranged/+6 Soul Shooter

Grapple: +4

Defense:+6 (+1 Flat-footed)

Knockback: -3

Initiative: +3

Saves: Cost 8

Toughness: +6

Fort +5 (+3 Con, +2)

Reflex: +5 (+3 Dex, +2)

Will: +5 (+1 Wis, +4)

Skills: Cost 11

Acrobatics 2 (+5)

Bluff 4 (+4)

Climb 2 (+4)

Diplomacy 2 (+2)

Handle Animal 8 (+8)

Intimidate 8 (+8)

Ride 8 (+11)

Sense Motive 8 (+9)

Stealth 2 (+5)

Feats: Cost 29

All-Out Attack

Animal Empathy

Assessment

Attack Focus (Ranged) 2

Attack Specialization (Soul Shooter)

Defensive Attack

Defensive Roll 3

Dodge Focus 3

Equipment 4

Precise Shot 2

Quick Draw

Sidekick 9 (Silver the Dinosaur, see below)

Powers: Cost 14

Device 4 (Soul Shooter, 20 points, Easy to Lose; PF: Indestructible, Restricted/Only usable by beings with a soul) [14pp]

Soul Shooter

Blast 6 (Extras: Alternate Save/Will, Penetrating; Flaw: Limited [Only affects beings with a soul]; PF: Affects Insubstantial 2)

Description: White, almost translucent energy shoots out of his six-shooter, and passes through his enemies defenses. It only affects creatures with a soul that have a self-aware, choice-making consciousness. Humans and cetaceans (dolphins and whales) are the two sentient species on earth. Extra Effort affects the device, not the wielder.

Equipment: Bola Knife (+1, 19-20 crit), Taser (Stun 5), Colt Peacemaker (+2)

Drawbacks:

None

DC Block:

ATTACKS --- SAVE DC --- DAMAGE TYPE

Soul Shooter --- Will DC 21 --- Magical Energy

Taser -- Fort DC 15 -- Electricity

Bola Knife -- Tough DC 16 -- Physical

Six-Shooter -- Tough DC 17 -- Physical

Costs: Abilities (18) + Combat (10) + Saves (8) + Skills (11) + Feats (29) + Powers (14) - Drawbacks (0) = Total Cost 90/91

Silver the Dinosaur

Power Level: 3 (45)

Stats: Cost 11

Str: 18 (+4, penetrating 4)

Con: 18 (+4)

Int: 6 (-2)

Cha: 5 (-3)

Combat: Cost 12

Attack:+2 (includes -1 due to size)

Defense:+2 (includes -1 due to size)

Knockback: -1

Trade-offs: -1 Attack, +1 Save DC & -1 Defense, +1 Tough

Saves: Cost 9

Toughness: +4

Fort +6 (+4 Con, +2)

Reflex: +7 (+3 Dex, +4)

Will: +4 (+1 Wis, +3)

Skills: Cost 2

Notice 4 (+5)

Survival 4 (+5)

Feats: Cost 2

Accurate Attack

Improved Grab

Powers: Cost 17

Growth 4 (Str +8,Con +4; -1 atk/Def; PF: Innate;Flaw: Permanent) [13]

Speed 2 [2]

Super-Senses 2 (Scent) [2]

Drawbacks:

Mute [-4]

No Hands [-4]

DC Block:

Claws --- Tough DC 19 --- Physical

Costs: Abilities (11) + Combat (12) + Saves (9) + Skills (2) + Feats (2) + Powers (17) - Drawbacks (-8) = Total Cost 45

Looks solid, just a few minor tweaks are needed.

His Defense should be written as "+6 (+1 flat-footed)"

Feats are 23, not 8 (this is correct in the totals line, but not in the Feats section).

The Device needs a bit of re-working. The Indestructible & Restricted power feats apply to the Device itself, not the powers in it. Thus, it should be like this

Device 7 (Soul Shooter, 35 points, Easy to Lose; PF: Indestructible, Restricted/Only usable by beings with a soul) [23pp]

Soul Shooter

Blast 6 (Extras: Alternate Save/Will, Penetrating; Flaw: Limited [Only affects beings with a soul]; PF: Affects Insubstantial)

For the "only affects beings with soul": is that just humans and other sapient beings (like Grue and Lor), or do animals and such count as well?

Also, the build above works out to 19 points, so you only need Device 4 to get it (and you'd have 1 "Device point" left).

Please put Silver's sheet into a quote box; as it is now the kinda run together.

Growth needs Continuous before it can be Permanent, so the final cost of Permanent Innate Growth 4 would be 13pp, not 9.

I fixed the Device. Leaving me with some spare points. Bought some equipment to deal with non sentient/soulless enemies. I figured he'd get a stun gun from some criminal he'd stopped early on. He don't know how it works, just that it does.

I also took Quick Draw, because no western gunslinger can not have it :P

I increased the sidekick feat by 1. Used the point to pay for Innate, and increased Int by 1. Western heroes steeds are often smarter than other of its kind.

I think that's most of the changes. Hope it all adds up now :)

Okay. A few Format changes are in order.

Please list the feats long way for ease of reading. Yes, it wastes space, but helps for edits.

Your skills should be 11pps not 10. You have it correct in the total line but not here in the title.

Skills: Cost 10

Acrobatics 2 (+5)

Bluff 4 (+4)

Climb 2 (+4)

Diplomacy 2 (+2)

Handle Animal 8 (+8)

Intimidate 8 (+8)

Ride 8 (+11)

Sense Motive 8 (+9)

Stealth 2 (+5)

Feats should be 29 not 25. You have them correct in the total line, but not here in the title.

Feats: Cost 25

All-Out Attack, Animal Empathy, Assessment, Attack Focus (Ranged) 2, Attack Specialization (Soul Shooter), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 3, Dodge Focus 3, Equipment 4 Precise Shot 2, Quick Draw, Sidekick 9 (Silver the Dinosaur, see below)

Could you please put your device into quotes for ease of reading? Also, does teh device use Extra effort or the character?

Soul Shooter

Blast 6 (Extras: Alternate Save/Will, Penetrating; Flaw: Limited [Only affects beings with a soul]; PF: Affects Insubstantial 2)

Description: White, almost translucent energy shoots out of his six-shooter, and passes through his enemies defenses. It only affects creatures with a soul that have a self-aware, choice-making consciousness. Humans and cetaceans (dolphins and whales) are the two sentient species on earth.

I'll take a look at the sidekick after the above points have been fixed.

Okay, Minion time!

Silver the Dinosaur

Power Level: 3 (40)

Due to the size change, you're breaking damage caps for a PL 3 character. You'll need to take the -3 Tradeoff to Attack and Damage to get closer to the Damage caps. That would then mean lowering your Strike to 1 and your Attack to +0. Or you can lower his base Str first and keep your Attack at +3. There are many options for you. Below are corrections to the sheet that do not include the Trade Offs.

Stats: Cost 2

Str: 12 (+1) penetrating damage

Con: 14 (+2)

Int: 4 (-3)

Wis: 10 (+0)

Cha: 6 (-2)

Don'T forget to add the benifits that size gives you. +2 Str and +1Con per growth rank, which raises your Str to 20(+5, +1penertrating), your Con to 18(+4). Your +1 penerating point should be included in the cost. In the totals, you have it correct though.

Attack:+3

Defense:+3

Please add your size mods here as well. After the adjustment, list that it is due to size.

Attack: +2 (includes -1 due to size)

Defense: +2 (includes -1 due to size)

Accurate Attack, Improved Grab

List these long ways. I know it doesn't make much sense with so few, but better to stay with the format. :)

Powers: Cost 22

Growth 4 (Power Feat: Innate; Flaw: Permanent -1) [13]

Speed 2 [2]

Claw – Strike 2 (Power Feat: Mighty; Extras: Penetrating 2) [5]

Please list the Benifits of your Growth in the line.

Growth 4 (Str +X,Con +X; -X atk/Def; PF: XX;Flaw:XX)

DC Block:

Claw --- Tough DC 18 --- Physical

Due to the increase in size, your damage would be Dc 22 (3 of which would be penertrating). This puts you over the Damage cap for a PL 3 character.

Costs: Abilities (3) + Combat (12) + Saves (12) + Skills (2) + Feats (2) + Powers (22) - Drawbacks (-8) = Total Cost 45

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry this took so long to get done, had a busy couple of weeks. Hopefully I have it right now, at least I feel like I know the system better now, than when I started making him.

The biggest change this time is that I removed the Strike power. I also did a couple of trade-offs, though I'm not sure I could do that. If his Attack is 2 due to the -1 form innate & permanent growth, could he then get a +1 to the Save DC (using his full +4 strength)?

I also increased his int again. I played with the idea of removing the mute disadvantage and instead have a talking dinosaur (though a dimwitted talking dinosaur). This led further to the thought of incrasing the dinosaurs intelligence above Sammy's and making him the brains of the duo :D But then I had to redo so much, I let it stay an idea.

Anyway, enough rambling. Hope I have gotten the rules now :)

Sorry for the delay in getting back to this as well. I only see one problem.

Silver the Dinosaur

Stats: Cost 8

Cha: 8 (-1)

You list that his strength is penertrating 4, which would cost an additional 4 pps to stats, raising the total to 12pps. This then puts you over the 45pp limit by 2. Suggestions to fix this would be to drop your Cha by 2, which by the way really isn't needed. Or lowering your saves. Not sure where you want to make the changes though.

Silver the Dinosaur

Stats: Cost 14

Str: 18 (+4)

Cha: 6 (-2)

Saves: Cost 6

Fort +5 (+4 Con, +1)

Reflex: +6 (+3 Dex, +3)

Will: +2 (+0 Wis, +2)

Notice 4 (+4)

Survival 4 (+4)

Accurate Attack

Improved Grab

Speed 2 [2]

Drawbacks:

Mute [-4]

No Hands [-4]

DC Block:

Costs: Abilities (14) + Combat (12) + Saves (6) + Skills (2) + Feats (2) + Powers (17) - Drawbacks (-8) = Total Cost 45

Hmmmm, perhaps I wasn'T clear. If you had kept the Penertrating 4 on your strength, you would be over by 2pps. To keep the Penertrating, you would have to take off 2pps somewhere.

Right now, you removed the penertrating as well as removed pps from other places dropping you further from the max 45pps.

EDIT:I see what you did. You didn't put the Growth bonus into your str and con, but I was counting them as if you had! Give me a second to relook at things.

Okay, you're breaking caps again. Your Str is too high. With 8pps bought, then the +8 gained from size, it puts way over PL caps on damage. That brings your str to 26 (+8). Drop your bought Strength by 8pps and put them somewhere else. Either into skills,increase Int and Cha back to normal levels, increase saves, or add another ability.

Sorry, guess I fumbled my Knowledge (rules) roll again. I just couldn't remember how I got such a high Str until you mentioned growth. D'oh.

I think I have it right now, bought back penetrating, increased some saves, reduced Cha and increased Wis (and I remembered to update saves and skills accordingly). Hopefully it will now be in order.

Would have never thought that the sidekick would take more time to finish than the main character. :D

Okay, here's the problem, when you buy your stats, you keep forgetting that Growth adds to it, which changes your starting point. With your latest figure, I've listed the base of each ability, which includes the growth. From those totals, buy the stats you want.

OLD

Stats: Cost 11

Cha: 5 (-3)

NEW BASE

Stats: Cost 0

Str: 18 (+4) [includes +8 from Growth]

Dex: 10 (0)

Con: 14 (+2) [includes +4 from Growth]

Int: 10 (0)

Wis: 10 (0)

Cha: 10 (0)

So start your buying of stats from the New Base stats which include your growth.

Combat is fine the way it is.

OLD

Fort +6 (+4 Con, +2)

NEW BASE

Saves: Cost 0

Toughness: +2 [+2 from Con]

Fort +0 (+2 Con, )

Reflex: +0 (+0 Dex, )

Will: +0 (+0 Wis, )

Again, once you buy your Stats, you can buy your saves using the New Base above.

Notice 4 (+5)

Survival 4 (+5)

Accurate Attack

Improved Grab

Speed 2 [2]

Drawbacks:

Mute [-4]

No Hands [-4]

The above [skills, Feats, Powers, Drawbacks] are fine.

DC Block:

this may change depending on how you spend your points.

Costs: Abilities (11) + Combat (12) + Saves (9) + Skills (2) + Feats (2) + Powers (17) - Drawbacks (-8) = Total Cost 45

OLD

NEW BASE

Yeah, I remembered it this time. I don't see what's wrong this time. Str costs 8 to get penetrating on all its ranks. Dex costs 6. now we're up to 14. Then Con costs 4, making it 18. Int gives me 4 points, making it back to 14. Wis costs 2, making it 16. And Charisma gives me 5 points, making the total 11. The only place I can think I'm doing wrong is on the penetrating Strength part, does it only cost 4?

OLD

Fort +6 (+4 Con, +2)

Don't see what's wrong here either. It all adds up to 9. And the modifiers due to stats are right as far as I can see. Again, may be I've paid too much for Strength.

Not trying to be difficult here, but this time I can't see where I've done wrong. But thanks for taking the time to try to help, I appreciate it :)

Yeah, I remembered it this time. I don't see what's wrong this time. Str costs 8 to get penetrating on all its ranks. Dex costs 6. now we're up to 14. Then Con costs 4, making it 18. Int gives me 4 points, making it back to 14. Wis costs 2, making it 16. And Charisma gives me 5 points, making the total 11. The only place I can think I'm doing wrong is on the penetrating Strength part, does it only cost 4?

:oops: It seems you were correct after all. I priced the penetrating incorrectly. Sorry about that. The rest then fall into play correctly. Man I'm an idiot! :oops:

Sorry to have keep you out of play for such a long time!

Approved!

• 2 months later...