Trade-Offs: +0 Attack for -0 Damage, -2 Defense for +2 Toughness

Unspent PP: 3

Characters Name: Alessandro D’Aquila

Alternate Identity: Slamdance

Height: 5’7â€Â

Weight: 151lbs

Hair: Brown, medium length

Eyes: Brown

Description: Alessandro (or, Sandro as his friends call him) is of an average build for a 16 year old teenager who gets more endurance exercise than strength training.

SlamDance.jpg

History: Alessandro is the 16 year old son of Antonio D’Aquila, owner of Eagle Industries. Alessandro’s mother died when he was 3, on a flight to Portugal that went down in a thunderstorm. Alessandro’s father, being a workaholic, takes his son with him to work after Alessandro gets out of school. Most of his free time is either spent out riding his skateboard or at Eagle Industries. After doing his homework because his father does make sure that it gets done, he spends either sneaking around the facility and talking to the employees or on the computer playing video games or surfing the web. All of the employees know Alessandro and let him do his thing as long as he not going where he’s not supposed to or around dangerous equipment. Alessandro’s father Antonio was born in Lisbon, Portugal but immigrated with his parents to the United States when he was 2. His parents opened a deli and were able to put Antonio through college with the help of the scholarships he received. Although he did well in the physical sciences he excelled at business, eventually receiving advance degrees in both. After receiving money for a few patents that he sold, he started Eagle Industries and has prospered ever since. Crushed by the death of his wife in an airline accident, he is driven to make his company succeed so his son will never have to worry about money. Although he tends to ignore his son in favor of work, he always makes sure that he his son does his homework and always goes to his son’s school functions.

One night Alessandro sneaking around the lab of Dr. Nguyen, Eagle Industries lead scientist, while he was running tests on his Fractal Magnetometer Resonator. Dr. Nguyen ran into a problem with one of the magnetic couplers. What he did not know is during the test the fluctuations caused a pin prick sized ‘window’ into another dimension. This dimension is inhabited by beings composed of pure energy and possessing vast intellect and power. One such being came into contact with the mind of Alessandro and was able perceive, through Alessandro’s eyes, Alessandro’s perceptions of the Earth. During this time Dr. Nguyen was working on the magnetic coupler, which was causing instability in the ‘window’. The other dimensional being, able to perceive that his window was closing and knowing that Alessandro would not survive the imminent explosion this would caused, manipulated Alessandro’s genetic structure so he could allow him to survive the explosion. As the unknown energies coursed through his body Alessandro the ‘window’ exploded outward. Alessandro, due to the help of the extra dimensional being, was able to harness the power of the power of the explosion to protect himself. No one was hurt during the resulting explosion even though part of the lab was destroyed. Alessandro, unaware of what had happened, didn’t tell anyone he was in the lab when the explosion happened. As the weeks progressed, Alessandro started to notice that he wasn’t getting hurt when he normally would and that his reflexes had increased tremendously. He didn’t associate the incident the lab with what was happening to him but instead attributed to his own growth into manhood.

One day, while on his way to his father’s business he was on his skateboard crossing through town. Listening to his MP3 player he didn’t hear the car coming to a screeching halt as he was in the cross-walk. The car slammed into him at better than 50mph, sending him flying through the wall of warehouse across the street from the intersection. Surprised, he stood up in the rubble and realized that he wasn’t hurt. As he heard people yelling he panicked, without answers to questions he knew would be asked, he ran away much faster than he thought was possible. He eventually made his way to Liberty Park. Checking himself again he realized that he wasn’t hurt, except for some torn clothing. Being somewhat of a spoiled rich kid, he began spending time after school down in the poor sections of town trashing garbage dumpsters and abandoned cars since, as he thought, ‘didn’t really belong to anyone’. As the months went by he became emboldened by the fact that he had never been caught and bored with destroying dumpsters and the like, Sandro started damaging more ‘real’ objects, including newer cars and damaging buildings. One day, while smashing into some abandoned buildings he accidentally damaged one more than he thought, causing it to collapse. Even though he, again, was unharmed he didn’t think anything of it. Later on that night, while at his fathers business, he saw on the news how there were some homeless people who were in the building when it collapsed and several were in the hospital. For the first time he realized that he had hurt someone because of his childish antics. He went to his father and asked him to pay for the medical expenses but his father said no, that they were not his responsibility. The next day Sandro went to the hospital to see the people he had hurt. He talked to one lady, Beth, and learned that her husband Chris was one of the people seriously hurt and that he was in a coma. He talked with Beth to comfort her and learned that he had been wrong – that Beth and Chris were not homeless ‘bums’ because they were lazy. They had lost their retirement in the failing stock market. And, then they lost their home when Chris first lost his job when he was laid off and then the company Beth worked for closed. Although living on the streets they had too much pride to ask their kids or family for help.

With the eye opener that his outlook on the world and people was wrong, Sandro went back to his father to ask him to help Beth and Chris but was again rejected. Knowing it was his responsibility for their condition Sandro took it upon himself to sell all the things he had been given by his father to help Beth and Chris, even taking a job after school flipping burgers to help.

Finally moved by his sons selfless acts, Antonio agreed to pay for their medical expenses and took him into his own house while providing them jobs at his business to get them back on their feet. Although Sandro quit his job at the burger joint he helps out after school at a few organizations - a soup kitchen, youth programs and abuse shelters – with the full support of his father. When he is not helping those programs he roams the streets as Slamdance, helping the homeless and less fortunate from the predation of criminals and others who would cause them harm.

Personality & Motivation: A fun loving and charming teenager, he quickly becomes serious when he sees someone bullying or taking advantage of someone less fortunate.

Complications:

Abilities: 14pp

Str: 10 (+0)

Dex: 14 (+2)

Con: 14 (+2)

Int: 10 (+0)

Wis: 14 (+2)

Cha: 12 (+1)

Combat: (8+4 = 12pp)

Attack: +4(+6 melee)

Grapple: +4

Defense: +3 (+1 flat-footed)

Knockback: -4

Initiative: +10

Saves: 6pp

Toughness: +8 (Impervious 6)

Fortitude: +3 (+2 Con, +1)

Reflex: +5 (+2 Dex, +3)

Will: +4 (+2 Wis, +2)

Skills: 44r = 11pp

Acrobatics 2 (+4)

Bluff 5 (+6)

Computers 4 (+4)

KN: Current Events 2 (+2)

KN: Pop Culture 4 (+4)

Languages 1 (Portuguese; English is native)

Notice 6 (+8)

Search 5 (+5)

Sense Motive 5 (+7)

Stealth 10 (+12)

Feats: 10pp

Attack Focus: Melee 2

Benefit 1 (Wealth 1)

Dodge Focus 1

Equipment 1 (Digital Audio Recorder 1, Cellphone 1, Laptop Computer 1, PDA 1, Camera 1) {I actually see everything but the laptop as an iPhone-type device}

Fast Overrun

Fearless

Hide In Plain Sight

Improved Trip

Improved Overrun

Powers: 40pp

Protection 6 (Extras: Absorption [boosts Healing], Impervious) [30]

Super-Speed 2 (Bonus Feat: Strike) [10] 25mph or 250ft/rnd base movment

Drawbacks: 0pp

DC Block:

ATTACKS -- SAVE DC -- DAMAGE TYPE

Strike 2 -- 17/Toughness -- Bruise (staged)

Slam 2 -- 21/Toughness -- Bruise (staged); must be able to move 250 feet

Costs: Abilities (14) + Combat (12) + Saves (6) + Skills (11) + Feats (10) + Powers (40) - Drawbacks (00) = 93 / 96pp Total Cost

This is for the Toughness save on the slam attack http://www.endlessflight.net/freedom/vi ... =27&t=1457 .

And this is http://www.endlessflight.net/freedom/vi ... f=4&t=1447 goes into the the Protection (absorption) as opposed to Absorption with the Both types extra.

-Razorback

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year and sorry for the delay. I'll try to catch everything in as few posts as possible so that you can get your second look quickly.

Background:

Pretty nice write up. I like how you left a lot of room for Complications. Perhaps someone saw him destroy that building, or decide to question D'Aquila's sudden good will.

Stats look good. 14pps spent.

Combat looks good. 12pps spent.

Saves looks good. 6pps spent.

Skills 44 ranks= 11pps.

-- You don't need to list skills that you don't have ranks in.

-- Why does he have such a high level of Stealth? Any particular reason? I know in the background, you have him sneaking around quite a bit, but as a 16yrs old rich kid, would he really have managed to become an expert in the art of stealth? If you could explain this it would help.

Feats 7pps spent.

--We need to know what you're spending your Equipment points on. Please list that on the sheet.

Powers 40 pps spent.

--If I understand things correctly, I believe that your absorbtion will work only when he takes damage below his protection level.

Total of 90pps spent.

Attack block

Slam should be listed as having a DC of 21 as was mentioned in the thread on slam.

--2 (slam) + 2 (movement power) + 2 (strike PF) = 6 for slam damage

This is for the Toughness save on the slam attack viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1457 .

And this is viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1457 goes into the the Protection (absorption) as opposed to Absorption with the Both types extra.

The second link is the same as the first. Could you point out the absorption thread link please.

Thanks for the feedback.

Equipment I left out by accident:

Digital Audio Recorder

Cellphone

Laptop Computer

PDA

Camera

I'll fix this in his description.

Stealth - I'm picturing him as being something like the kid (at least when he was younger) in the movie 'The Toy' with Richard Pryor and Jackie Gleason, except not malicious like that kid was. He was always sneaking around their house messing with the staff or at his dad's business. In his head he probably pictures himself as having a bonus of 30+... I have no problem lowering it a bit if it seems out of line but this is where I see him as being right now.

Absorption - From UP:

Subtract your Absorption rank from the damage bonus of the affected attack. If the remaining bonus is +0 or greater, make a normal Toughness save against the remaining damage bonus, otherwise you ignore the attack’s damage completely. Your Absorption rank counts as a bonus to your Toughness saves for power level purposes.

Bad link ( :shock: ) - This should be the correct one: http://www.endlessflight.net/freedom/vi ... f=4&t=1447

It's not really anything more than explaining my laziness.

Thanks

-Razorback

Hopefully that looks better. I have no idea how to set up the spacing so it looks ok. :cry:

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Thanks

-Razorback

Went ahead and dumped the spacing you did on the Stat block. It wasn'T needed. I just needed you to fix the Dc save. :)

Here's your first Approval.

Now you get to wait for the next Ref to look things over.

Thanks.

I'm not sure what ASTRO labs does but Eagle Industries has a few different areas of expertise, some military R&D and some commercial.

They are currently working on various sensory arrays for whatever NASA-ish agency is present, nanotechnology, and high-energy beam units for radiation oncology. The newest project they have is a human-safe combined active/passive sensor arrays for the TSA and Homeland Security (think the x-ray machine from Total Recall with Arnie, but more advanced).

I don't have any of the Freedom City books so I'll have to go out and get them... a little homework for myself.

-Razorback

• 6 months later...