Seeking Players for Street level story

MBCE

I'm looking for both heroes and villains that would be interested in Gang activites with the S

South area of Freedom. Both PL 6 and PL 10 characters are welcomed to put their hat in the ring.

Perhaps your character is a hero that opperates within the South area of Freedom City and have noticed the recent increase in gang activity.

or

Perhaps your character is a villain that is contacted by one of the gangs invovled to help tip the scales in their directions.

or

Perhaps your character just happened to be in the area when all hell breaks loose.

I plan on getting things started in earnest Mid January, after everyone is safely back from the holidays. If you think your character would fit a street level story that invovles gang rivalry in anyway, let me know. So far, there is no real limit as to the number of players I want but I think around 6 or 7 will do.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, a good showing so far.

Right now just thinking on how to get people into the storyline.

Arrowhawk -- would be contacted by Lenny, an informer in the Boradwalk area. They had contact before so it makes sense that he contacts the hero.

Chill Out -- could be contacted or get word from one of the gang members. What area does Chill Out usually operate in? That would make a difference.

Red Star -- Where does he usually patrol/ operate from? Taht would help give him his set up post.

Wesley Knight -- Same goes for Wesley. Where does he hang out in Freedom? Where does he work?

I haven't given it much thought yet, as I haven't gotten to play him yet, but Southside or Lincoln seems the best matches.

Okay. Since those are the two sections where the story will be taking place, let's say you get contacted in Lincoln. I'll try to figure out who contacts you soon.

Arrowhawk -- would be contacted by Lenny, an informer in the Boradwalk area. They had contact before so it makes sense that he contacts the hero.

Well, as a peak-street level veteran, he's probably got more (off-screen) informants by now. ;) I figure he's probably the best way for me to get involved though as Hawky is more into mobsters than gang warfare.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay. Since those are the two sections where the story will be taking place, let's say you get contacted in Lincoln. I'll try to figure out who contacts you soon.

Here's your the OOC thread for you Chill Out.

And here is the IC thread. You can be in the area on patrol or trying to get some food from the grocery store before heading home.

I know I, personally, would be up for this (sorry, just noticed the topic ^^;;) but I'm not sure how Nalerenn would get wind of it. Probably by picking up a few rumors around Claremont Academy, or something, but he hasn't started mind-reading the populace. At least, not yet anyway.

I know I, personally, would be up for this (sorry, just noticed the topic ^^;;) but I'm not sure how Nalerenn would get wind of it. Probably by picking up a few rumors around Claremont Academy, or something, but he hasn't started mind-reading the populace. At least, not yet anyway.

It depends mostly on how often he gets out of the school. The story will be taking place in the Soutside area of Freedom, mostly Lincoln and Southside but may flow over into other areas.

Does he patrol? And if he does, where?

It depends mostly on how often he gets out of the school. The story will be taking place in the Soutside area of Freedom, mostly Lincoln and Southside but may flow over into other areas.

Does he patrol? And if he does, where?

Well, most likely every day or so, just to get used to humans outside of the school. Going by the map, I'd say he probably heads as far as Lonely Point, but not past the city just yet. Possibly Southside, but not as often as wanderings through Bayview.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, Chill Out is pretty much at teh point to shift towards others jumping in. I'll be starting up a new thread for him soon that deals with the meeting at the Youth center in Lincoln. Anyone else going to be in the area.

As for Arrowhawk, he'll be moving over to Southside fairly soon. I've been slow due to the increase in other duties on the site to advance very quickly. Are there anyone here that might be in Southside when he arrives? Drop me a line here.

I'd be interested in bringing The Scarab into this if there's room.

As for how she can get involved:

She spends the bulk of her "work day" in the command center of her HQ, alternating her attention between monitoring the news, and scanning the city with her ESP + Telepathy, looking for trouble or unsolved cases. She doesn't limit herself to any one particular neighborhood. With Rapid 2, she can perform a cursory scan (Take 10 + Notice/Search +15 = DC25) of the entire city in slightly under 15 minutes. If she scours the city with a fine-tooth comb (Take 20 + Notice/Search +15 = DC35), it takes about 5 hours.

When she shows up to a scene in-person, she can gain more information and leads with Postcognition and Precognition.

She could also have an unintentional Precognitive vision or dream that begins a particular investigation, rather than supplementing it.

Once she learns of a threat or situation, she can respond pretty quickly. With Flight 3, she can hit 50mph as a move action, 100mph as a full action. Freedom City is about 20 miles in diameter (it's actually about 15x25, which averages out to the same area). This means she can cross from one end of the city to another in about 12 minutes. If she's starting from the center of the city (where her base is located), she can reach any point in the city in half that time, about 6 minutes. And since she can both turn herself invisible (to people, anyway) and suit up as free actions, there's no real "prep time."

As I have an playable character now, I'm am still interested in playing.

My only question is I'm also hoping to get in on some action over (as you may know)--> here.

Would that be an issue?

-Razorback

Multiple threads is never a problem. Where would Slamdance be hanging out? Lincoln or Southside.

I'd be interested in bringing The Scarab into this if there's room.

Not a problem. Welcome.

As for how she can get involved:

She spends the bulk of her "work day" in the command center of her HQ, alternating her attention between monitoring the news, and scanning the city with her ESP + Telepathy, looking for trouble or unsolved cases. She doesn't limit herself to any one particular neighborhood. With Rapid 2, she can perform a cursory scan (Take 10 + Notice/Search +15 = DC25) of the entire city in slightly under 15 minutes. If she scours the city with a fine-tooth comb (Take 20 + Notice/Search +15 = DC35), it takes about 5 hours.

When she shows up to a scene in-person, she can gain more information and leads with Postcognition and Precognition.

This idea I dislike. Sitting at home just doesn't sit well with me for what a hero does. Besides, using that type of power to invade people's thoughts doesn'T seem very heroic.

She could also have an unintentional Precognitive vision or dream that begins a particular investigation, rather than supplementing it.

This idea works better. I'll fill you in once things are ready. Do you have a preference of either Lincoln or Southside? I'm thinking Southside is the place for you, though.

Once she learns of a threat or situation, she can respond pretty quickly. With Flight 3, she can hit 50mph as a move action, 100mph as a full action. Freedom City is about 20 miles in diameter (it's actually about 15x25, which averages out to the same area). This means she can cross from one end of the city to another in about 12 minutes. If she's starting from the center of the city (where her base is located), she can reach any point in the city in half that time, about 6 minutes. And since she can both turn herself invisible (to people, anyway) and suit up as free actions, there's no real "prep time."

Thanks for the details, but usually, at the start of a thread, I don'T bother with worrying about how the character gets on scene. Either they are already in the area, or the action starts directly on top of them. :D

This idea I dislike. Sitting at home just doesn't sit well with me for what a hero does. Besides, using that type of power to invade people's thoughts doesn'T seem very heroic.

I think you may be misinterpreting my intent here.

It's not like she does nothing but sit down there all day. The extrasensory scanning is a means to an end, not the end. It's a springboard. She finds indication of trouble or mystery, then she gets up off her butt and goes digging/hunting/flying to the rescue.

And the "invading people's thoughts," in this capacity, probably isn't quite what you had in mind either. It's not like she's just randomly probing anyone's mind she comes across. She isn't the Panopticon. Think of it like this: Scarab scans the city. She sees a man following another man down a dark alley. Quick mental probe: "Is Man A following Man B intentionally? Does he intend to hurt him? To rob him?" If so, then up, up, and away! If not, then move on and scan the next dark alley.

It's just another type of "patrol." It occurred to me during a great issue of a DC Comic (I think it was JLA) where Batman disillusions another hero who watches his investigative process (Plastic Man? Flash? Green Lantern?). "So...dropping down into dark alleys to beat up muggers?" "Accounts for about 10% of what I actually do with my time."