Carmen

Doing the best that she could with her relatively nonexistent first aid skills, La Puma managed to make sure that most if not all of those that had been previously held hostage by the moon wolfman were alright. It indeed was the heroic thing to do, one that she somewhat wished she had more experience doing as her empathy skills weren't known to be the best. Instead, she wished that she could have accompanied Patriot, to fight the leader that had caused such misery to people that had been likely the kindest that she had met in regard to her appearance outside the church and teachers. So, she was on guard, waiting for Patriot to get back, acting like the last line of defense to make sure these people were alright.

"Patriot!" she'd shout out upon seeing her mentors state, bruised and bloodied, but the threat had been taken care of, Carmen rushing to her to help her. There was a partial smile on her face, standing beside her to render any aide she could, even helping her stand if need be.

-

Carmen had never met AEGIS before that evening. She hadn't eaten for a decent chunk of the night, sitting on the back of an ambulance with a blanket over her. They didn't seem that bad with how they treated her, and with how many needed help after such an event, it was all good. One of the paramedics even checked her arm, which had already seemingly healed a bit, now only a bruise. Spotting Patriot on the phone, she'd leave the now empty soup thermos to be with her, waiting until she was handed the phone.

"I'm... I'm alright, it wasn't that bad, nothing we couldn't handle," she partially gave an exaggerated response. She'd look towards Patriot, seeing her still hurt yet standing so resolute it appeared to her, "Let me call you back. I'll let you all know."

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ashley was very tired and probably - no, definitely needed a bath. She put a reassuring hand on her sidekick's arm and said, "You did great tonight." She hesitated, thinking back to her youth and her time sidekicking for the Raven, a lifetime ago it felt like. "I know every time we go somewhere it turns to total crap. Next time, no super-stuff, just...I don't know," she admitted. "We'll think of something." She sat down next to the catgirl and watched the agents work. 

"You know," she said, "I bet I can find a place for you after graduation if you want it..." 

One of the ambulance members had given her water to drink, the cool refreshing beverage rousing her in the late evening, especially after speaking with the Claremont faculty worried over the events that had transpired. She'd look over towards Ashley, the lady that had saved the day this evening as she felt the reassuring hand on her arm. The other arm still had a tinge of pain to it, but she was recovering quick enough, nothing broken, just bruised by the wolfman and their fight against them. There was another water bottle, handing it over to Ashley as the two spoke to each other.

"Maybe one day we can just go out to lunch or something. I don't know, it ain't bad busting bad guys... wolves with you," she says taking a deep breath, "You do? I was thinking maybe going to college or something, I never thought I would."

• 1 month later...

"Oh jeez, if you want to go to college, go to college!" said Ashley firmly, already thinking about the image inducers they might secure so that her protege could lead something like a normal life there. She'd had a lot of fun in college, most of it related to beer and boys, which didn't really seem like the thing to  mention to Carmen just now. Instead she said, "Whatever you want for your life, I'll be there to help you make it happen." She looked around and added, "Even if it's this."