Dodge Focus (1)

Improved Grab

Improved Pin

Power Attack

Stunning Attack

Takedown Attack (2)

Powers: 22 PP

Additional Limbs 3: (4 arms, 1 tail; PF: Innate) [4pps]

Leaping 5 (up to x50, full round, 900 running long jump/ 450 standing long jump/ 225 standing high jump) [5pps]

Protection 2 [2pps]

Super-Strength 5 (total effective Str 31, Hvy Load 1,840 lbs.; PF: Shockwave) [11pps]

Drawbacks: None

Complications:

Temper: Sensitive about his looks and extra limbs

Phobia: Claustrophobic

DC Block:

Unarmed -- DC 23/Toughness -- Damage

Shockwave – Reflex DC 18/half – DC 8 damage

Point totals: 34 PP (stats) + 16 PP (combat) + 3PP (saves) + 7pp (skills) + 9pp (feats) + 22pp (powers) = 91 / 92pp

Physical Description:

Kerrik has a reddish tint to his skin, with a slight peach fuzz all over his body. His appearance is rather fearsome, standing 6'5'' off the ground, and weighing nearly 300lbs. The six arms and 3' long prehensile devil’s tail don’t help things either. On his head he has a scraggly tuft of black hair, to go along with the deep black, large pupils in his eyes. Being as how Custom made clothing for someone with six arms is difficult to come by, and he usually ends up ruining it in a fight anyways, Kerrik usually goes without a shirt. He wears a simple set of blue jean shorts most of the time with a hole torn in the seat of the pants for his tail. Kerrik is also rather fond of belts with large stylized buckles on them. At times when he finds that he must blend in (at least somewhat) with the rest of society, Kerrik can be seen sporting a large brown trench coat. He finds it constricting, but necessary and simply keeps his arms folded while using it.

Backround/Origin:

Kerrik’s story is a strange one. He wasn’t given his extra arms and superior strength through some accident. Unlike some other super heroes, he was born with them. At the hospital, the doctors greeted his father after his mother gave birth to Kerrik. They had told him that his son had been born with extra arms, and some kind of mutation on his backside. Kerrik’s parents were normal people after all, but when they saw their child, they had nothing but the utmost love in their hearts. The doctors told them that the extra appendages would likely never be able to be used. They would simply be atrophied very soon. His parents made the difficult decision to have them amputated to avoid any unnecessary complications. However, when the surgeons went to operate, they noticed the extra arms moving quite well. They made the executive decision to not remove Kerrik’s extra appendages. When he grew older, Kerrik found that with a little work, he was able to sculpt the muscles in his arms to become pretty strong. A strict regiment of 600 one-armed push-ups every day became standard, and after a while, he even began performing pull ups with his tail.

EDIT: Kerrik does not know why he looks the way he does, or why he has the powers that he has been given. His parents were both normal people, and there has never been any trace of super powers in his bloodline either (he knows from researching his family tree.) So with no knowlege of the nature of his powers and only his upbringing to guide him, Kerrik does what he can to protect the city that he loves so much to traverse. Kerrik has always been bigger than the other kids, and at 18 years old, he uses his large size and his free teenage spirit (as well as the extra arms and tail of course) to contribute what he can to cleaning up freedom city's scum. (I am hoping that much of Kerrik's background can be explained eventually through role play. I have some ideas, but are not necesarily ready to reveal them just yet.)

These days, Kerrik can be seen traversing the many skyscrapers of Freedom City. Even though his legs are not nearly as strong as his arms, he can still jump pretty far. Coupled with his amazing ability to climb, Kerrik makes a massive jungle gym out of Freedom city’s concrete jungle.

Complications explained:

Temper – Kerrik has always had a sensitive side to his looks. While he never resorts to unnecessary violence normally, one crack about the way he looks, and it will be but seconds before he throws down a challenge to the offender. This resulted in many a fight back in Kerrik’s High School days.

Phobia: Claustrophobic – Owing to Kerrik’s larger than normal size, his free spirit, and his love for all things exercise, Kerrik finds himself extremely uncomfortable every time he is in-doors. This condition becomes extremely aggravated whenever he is forced to enter any extremely cramped spaces. The proud Kerrik becomes reduced to whimpering when trapped in small enclosures. For this reason, Kerrik prefers to sleep outside under the stars.

I see you've already introduced yourself in the "Secret Identity" thread, so we can just get down to the character review ;)

Nothing in his background really says "Hero." It doesn't really say anything, other than "born with four extra arms, a prehensile devil tail, and red skin." I'd like that fleshed out a bit more, to see some personality on this guy. How old is he (you say "larger than normal" in a few places, but 6 feet isn't that unusual unless he's a kid)? Does he consider himself a hero? Do others? Why? What does he do, and why does he do it?

And why was he born that way? Random mutation? Or, given his appearance, something magical/demonic/diabolic?

With a trade-off of +2 damage for -2 attack, at most you can be at +4 on attack.

Similarly, with a trade-off of +2 Toughness for -2 defense, at most you can be at +4 on Defense.

And I'm not sure how you got 38 points in combat.

Being flat-footed doesn't change his knockback (since all his Toughness is either from Cons bonus or Protection), so his Knockback's always -4.

His Initiative should be +2, not +13.

I'd like to see exactly how much is spent on each of his saves. It looks like it should be

Fortitude: +6 (+6 Con, +0)

Reflex: +5 (+2 Dex, +3)

Will: +1 (+1 Wis, +0)

Since Protection's a Permanent power, you don't need to list what his Toughness is without the Protection.

You only have 10pp spent on feats, not 34.

For his Leaping, I'd like to see the effect written out (for ease of reference). In his case, something like Leaping 5 (up to x50/full round, running long jump 900 feet, standing long jump 450 feet, high jump 225 feet).

I'd like to see his point totals. Something like

Abilities 34 + Combat ? + Saves 3 + Skills 10 (40r) + Feats 10 + Powers 21 = 78

(meaning you've got 12 more to spend)

yea i actually have to apologize for most of the mistakes in this one.... it seems when i was making another completely different character (at PL10) some of that character's stats got parsed into the word file i was using for this guy. just a bunch of stupid errors. friend of mine looked this guy over... i THINK it should be right now.

• 4 weeks later...

VERY sorry for letting this go so long, the Holidays sneak attacked me (and got a crit).

Background/personality look fine. Though if his tail's as long as is entire body, he'd need a rank in Elongation (or the Extended Reach power feat).

Attributes, Skills, Feats, and Powers add up. One minor request, write out what his total effective Str would be with his super-Str calculated in, something like Super-Strength 5 (total effective Str 31, Hvy Load 1,840 lbs.; PF: Shockwave). (The names of all the powers should be bolded, please.)

Combat still doesn't add up. Attack 4 + Defense 5 = 18 points, not 12. And he can't have defense 5 if he's also got Tougnhess of +8.

But, I see you have Dodge Focus 2, so maybe he only has a base Defense of 3? (Total Defense +5, flat-footed is +1.) But that'd still cost 14 points, not 12.

Also, his Grapple is +17, not +15 -- attack +4 + Str +8 + Super-Str 5.

And his Initiative's still listed as +13, but should be +2.

For the DC block, his Unarmed attack has a DC of 23 (yes, it's a +8 bonus, but that's added to the base of 15, and it's easier to have the total DC written down.)

okay so i made some changes.

i tried to understand the mess i made with his combat stats. i changed the cost to 14 points like you said. i knocked out some points out of his skills to compensate for this.

i shortened the length of his tail to 3' in the physical description to avoid the length of the elongation power... this part really doesn't matter that much to me so i figured i would just change the description for simplicity sake.

any other problems just let me know.

Okay, things look good. Hoever I wouldl ike for you to do a slight format change.

Please add the cost of your powers to each indiviual power where xpps equals the total cost of the power. It will help speed up on edits later when you want to make changes.

Power rank Info xpps

Also, your Initiative still needs to be changed from +13 down to +2. I think you missed that earlier.

One last point and this is purely my opinion and you can ignore it or not, but it seems that his additional limbs are an innate part of him. Are you sure you want them unprotected by not adding the innate power feat? Otherwise, if his powers were negated, he would loose them. I figure, the way you wrote it in your Background that they would be, but you didn'T pay for the power feat.

• 1 month later...