Teaching a Cat Some Tricks OOC

@MoonSimply: Fail by 4 means you get a Bruise, while @Spacefurry failing by 7 means Bruise and Daze. 

The more you fail a Toughness save (or another save vs. Damage, but Toughness is most common for that), the greater conditions are imposed upon you. We got a bit of House Rules here, changing the effects around slightly from the core book. I'll just get into non-lethal damage here, because that's the most common:

Fail by 1-4: Bruised - Bruised Conditions stack, each Bruise giving you a cumulative -1 to your Toughness Saves to resist damage.

Fail by 5-9: Bruised and Dazed - On top of getting a Bruise, you also get Dazed. The Dazed Condition basically makes you skip a turn, being cleared at the end of your next turn. You cannot have multiple Dazed Conditions at once, so they don't stack.

Fail by 10-14: Dazed and Staggered - You don't get a Bruise, but you do get Dazed, and you get the Staggered Condition. Being Staggered means you can only take either a single Move or Standard Action per turn, not both, and any further damage means an instant knock out.

Fail by 15+: Instant knock out.

There's a list of all Conditions and what they mean beginning on page 170 in the Core book.

Unfortunately, a 17 misses Blue!

Since @Spacefurry is Dazed, give me a post of being dazed, then @Nerdzul is up! (And I still need a DC21 TOU save from Nightscale too)

Overview:

La Puma Negra is in melee with Blue in the middle of the street.

Paper is in melee with Yellow next to Blue and La Puma Negra.

Nightscale is grappling Red on the sidewalk.

Green a bit further down the street.

32 - La Puma Negra - 2HP - Bruise (x1)

24 - Paper - 3HP - Bruise (x1), Dazed

11 - Nightscale - 3HP - Unharmed, Grappling Red

10 - Red Villain - Unharmed, Pinned by Nightscale

10 - Blue Villain - Unharmed

10 - Yellow Villain - Unharmed

10 - Green Villain - Unharmed

Edited by RocketLord

I think that Nightscale will just ignore a DC 21 save due to impervious :) Otherwise I still rolled as I forgot about that... and got a 22

I got half an idea to just throw red to green, but I'm not super sure about the rules (plus Luke has pretty mediocre aim with ranged attacks anyway), so I guess he is just gonna attack the guy he is holding. Save DC is 23. He auto hits due to the grapple right?

@MoonSimply Since Nightscale got the power Impervious Toughness 8, he can automatically ignore any attacks that requires a Toughness Saving Throw of less than 15+8 = DC23, so he ecan ignore the attack.

@Nerdzul: Throwing would indeed be a Ranged Attack, and it is an autohit due to grapple.

Rolling TOU vs. DC23 for Red: 26

And I roll a 20. Go figure.

@Nerdzul give me an IC, then the bad guys strike back!

Overview:

La Puma Negra is in melee with Blue in the middle of the street.

Paper is in melee with Yellow next to Blue and La Puma Negra.

Nightscale is grappling Red on the sidewalk.

Green a bit further down the street.

32 - La Puma Negra - 2HP - Bruise (x1)

24 - Paper - 3HP - Bruise (x1)

11 - Nightscale - 3HP - Unharmed, Grappling Red

10 - Red Villain - Unharmed, Pinned by Nightscale

10 - Blue Villain - Unharmed

10 - Yellow Villain - Unharmed

10 - Green Villain - Unharmed